The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Bruins hire Jim Montgomery as head coach

Rate this topic

They moved on from Cassidy mostly for his treatment of their young players and their lack of development.  Neely talked of how they needed more rope and couldn't be afraid to be benched/scratched at every mistake.

• Cheers 1

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Report] Bruins hire Jim Montgomery as head coach
21 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

How fitting it's the bruins. Gets fired for being an alcoholic along with his behavior with the stars not long ago. Interesting 

And he has sobered up and turned his life around. Is he supposed to remain jobless for life now because of being an alcoholic? 

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

And he has sobered up and turned his life around. Is he supposed to remain jobless for life now because of being an alcoholic? 

I followed up on this 2 post down, Original post does seem like that's what I'm suggesting..  But I'm simply surprised he didn't need to earn a little trust and respect back by being an associate coach for a bit first 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I followed up on this 2 post down, Original post does seem like that's what I'm suggesting..  But I'm simply surprised he didn't need to earn a little trust and respect back by being an associate coach for a bit first 

That’s fair enough I saw the second post after it does clear it up more 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

He's been assistant coach for St Louis for the past 2 seasons.  They hired him after he went through rehab - he was fired in December 2019 by Dallas and has been back in the game since September 2020.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, mll said:

He's been assistant coach for St Louis for the past 2 seasons.  They hired him after he went through rehab - he was fired in December 2019 by Dallas and has been back in the game since September 2020.

wow had no idea. Thanks!

• Cheers 1