The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

3 minutes ago, Muttley said:

What a tame game compared to last night. One minor penalty each in the second period. I would suggest Abbotsford doesn't try and sit one the one goal lead.

Time to ramp it up some. 

Yeah, I was ready for a barn burner.  

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

What's been your thoughts on Raty so far in all the games he's played? (assuming you've seen them all)

Had a buddy at the game last night tell me he looked really good.

Another solid game........a different game as Tuscon is playing much harder, but Raty is playing well and is showing a strong defensive game tonight.  

If you ever watched his couching review, prior to his draft, it notes how strong his team is for zone exits when he's on the ice and I'm really seeing that tonight.  His line isnt getting hemmed in as much tonight and Raty has made several strong breakout plays off the boards.

Edited by stawns
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

What's been your thoughts on Raty so far in all the games he's played? (assuming you've seen them all)

His game last night was dynamic.  He was their best fwd and best skater I thought.  He's a strong structural player who knows his role and responsibilities on the ice.  Hes not an explosive skater, but he's got good top end speed and he can switch it into gear pretty quickly.  

I'd say we should all feel good about this player

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

He has a pretty straight blade and has this neat trick where he turns the stick around and takes faceoffs either right or left handed depending on which faceoff dot he's at

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Having Rathbone back changes the whole dynamic of the dcorp.  Once they get Breezer back, they'll be in great shape

They haven't missed them.  5 straight wins now and Silovs giving up just 4 goals in last 5 games he's played.

But yes, is nice to see Bones back and Brisebois is such a stud paired with Juulsen 

• There it is 1