The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

I could have gone to the game ... just 60 mins drive. Except we have a wind advisory in effect - gusts to 55 mph.  These teams play 7 more times in next 35 days so I'll have to see if I can mix an afternoon golf in Ontario region with a game in the evening

Hoagie gets his 2nd to tie the game !!!!!

12 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I think Dries, Brisebois, Juulsen and Wolanin would be claimed off waivers.  For sure, Podz, Raty and Aman could be papered down

Wouldn't they be able to send downvBrisebois, Juulsen and Wolanin without needing waivers if they haven't played 10 games or are up with the big club for a certain number of days? Like they did with PDG?

4 minutes ago, Fen1010 said:

Wouldn't they be able to send downvBrisebois, Juulsen and Wolanin without needing waivers if they haven't played 10 games or are up with the big club for a certain number of days? Like they did with PDG?

Capfriendly has all 4 as not being waiver-exempt.

Kuzmenko could also be papered down to help with the playoff run

28 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Capfriendly has all 4 as not being waiver-exempt.

Kuzmenko could also be papered down to help with the playoff run

Di Giuseppe isn't listed as waivers exempt on Capfriendly either.  Don't the waiver rules have something more to do with the conditions under which they were recalled (such as an emergency recall, etc.)?

30 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Di Giuseppe isn't listed as waivers exempt on Capfriendly either.  Don't the waiver rules have something more to do with the conditions under which they were recalled (such as an emergency recall, etc.)?

I was mulling over that thought myself - I can't remember if, eg, Juulsen was an emergency call-up when Bear went  injured nor can I find on the website a history of callups and reassignments to check