The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tank Hard for Bedard - Playoff chances are already Slim

Rate this topic

Provost

4 hours ago, Provost said:

Ugh… I am not looking forward to tonight.

Can’t help but hold onto the forlorn hope that we beat the odds and pick #1 or #2 and the fates rescue the team from its own poor management.

If that doesn’t happen and the 94% likelihood occurs, then that little hope is gone and the most realistic path to becoming competitive in the foreseeable future is stripped away.

I will even take the dumbasses crowing about how dropping in the draft odds was a good thing.

I know how you feel.

Like I wanna stay hopeful but I think we all know how this is gonna turn out.

Still gonna feel that punch to the gut though when the realization sets in that as bad as this season was we’re only picking 3-4 spots higher than last season…

Just wanna get the pain over with. :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I know how you feel.

Like I wanna stay hopeful but I think we all know how this is gonna turn out.

Still gonna feel that punch to the gut though when the realization sets in that as bad as this season was we’re only picking 3-4 spots higher than last season…

Just wanna get the pain over with. :lol:

And you know what? 

All those idiots who were applauding our useless drive for the playoffs will now disparage those of us who pointed out how counterproductive it was.

Level of stupidity of management matched by the gullibility of certain segments of the fan base.

6 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

And you know what? 

All those idiots who were applauding our useless drive for the playoffs will now disparage those of us who pointed out how counterproductive it was.

Level of stupidity of management matched by the gullibility of certain segments of the fan base.

BlackHawks say thank you very much. Vancouver has 2 core players, Petey and Hughes, to build around. By what stretch can fans think this cuts it. The odds are high that the Vancouver Canucks will have to blow this up in another couple of seasons if best hopes are not realized. Two development concepts to consider is the Seattle and Laffers. I opt for the Seattle model. 

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

BlackHawks say thank you very much. Vancouver has 2 core players, Petey and Hughes, to build around. By what stretch can fans think this cuts it. The odds are high that the Vancouver Canucks will have to blow this up in another couple of seasons if best hopes are not realized. Two development concepts to consider is the Seattle and Laffers. I opt for the Seattle model. 

Not that I'm disagreeing but I'm curious what the Seattle model is? Fold the franchise and re-enter to trigger a new expansion draft? ;)