The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Philippe Myers

5 hours ago, Oregon.Duck said:

This was a right shot D that’s young and has decent numbers. Why not take a flier here. Boggled. 

Who is this right shot D with decent numbers? 11:33 a game, 61.7% ozone starts, only 11 games dressed out of of 23, waived and cleared 3 times in less than a year.

Is this the twilight zone?

2 hours ago, coryberg said:

Who is this right shot D with decent numbers? 11:33 a game, 61.7% ozone starts, only 11 games dressed out of of 23, waived and cleared 3 times in less than a year.

Is this the twilight zone?

Digging, digging. Ah, well he does have a 62% corsi. That's pretty darn good. I mean, sure all he has to do is give the puck to one of their stacked forwards and call it a day. But, you know. It looks good on paper. Lol. But yeah, you don't freely claim 2.5mil in cap. There's a reason he's getting waived. Tampa would be over the moon if we just took his contract. Yes it's only just this season left, but still. That gives em some flexibility for free. He has a 3mil QO too. There's no value in claiming him. Other than size he brings nothing our current crop of scrubs bring. Except a bigger cap hit than some of em I suppose.

42 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Digging, digging. Ah, well he does have a 62% corsi. That's pretty darn good. I mean, sure all he has to do is give the puck to one of their stacked forwards and call it a day. But, you know. It looks good on paper. Lol. But yeah, you don't freely claim 2.5mil in cap. There's a reason he's getting waived. Tampa would be over the moon if we just took his contract. Yes it's only just this season left, but still. That gives em some flexibility for free. He has a 3mil QO too. There's no value in claiming him. Other than size he brings nothing our current crop of scrubs bring. Except a bigger cap hit than some of em I suppose.

The QO is irrelevant, he has a contract for next season at 1.4 mill and is a UFA after that 

• Upvote 1