The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour). Jake Livingstone D - NCAA - NHL Availability

SilentSam

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

So you're saying that the JLSweeps could be over by sundown tomorrow?  :bigblush:

End of the 2nd...Let the JL rumours/speculation start flying in the next hour.... if Minny doesn't make a push in the 3rd period.

10 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

So you're saying that the JLSweeps could be over by sundown tomorrow?  :bigblush:

Shaping up that way. Minnesota State is really behind the eight ball now and they’ll have to dig deep if they hope to come back and win this one. Livingstone (and Hirose) could be done today.

In the other game, Cornell (Malinski, Andreev, and also Canucks pick Malone) leading 2-0 over defending champs Denver. Denver not looking great. Cornell is really pressing and has been killing them on the forecheck. And Denver players losing some composure, with one taking a five minute major for a headshot (they killed the penalty, however).

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Cheers 1

This is my 1st time seeing him play and he does look quite impressive. Smooth skater, not afraid to jump into the rush, but gets back on the right side of the puck quickly. He's playing 1/2 the game so it's pretty easy to spot him out there. 

The only question would be how well would his game translate to the next level. The way he plays, he is letting the game come to him, but will he be able to play the same way once the game starts coming faster. I think yes, but it remains to be seen. 

He's basically going to write his own ticket, so I hope the Canucks have made a huge push for this guy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Two of those 4 will end up on IR by mid November.

True but we have the depth D (Juulsen, Brisebois, Johansson etc) to ride it out if needed.  Essentially the idea is swapping redundant forwards for defensive D (With 1-2 years left) which we need without having to go the UFA route and sign someone like Gavrikov to a 5x5 type deal.

5 minutes ago, Insensitive said:

This is my 1st time seeing him play and he does look quite impressive. Smooth skater, not afraid to jump into the rush, but gets back on the right side of the puck quickly. He's playing 1/2 the game so it's pretty easy to spot him out there. 

The only question would be how well would his game translate to the next level. The way he plays, he is letting the game come to him, but will he be able to play the same way once the game starts coming faster. I think yes, but it remains to be seen. 

He's basically going to write his own ticket, so I hope the Canucks have made a huge push for this guy. 

Yeah, he’s been solid. Lots to like in his game today. A bit unfortunate that he’s been on-ice for both of the goals against (and I honestly didn’t love his positioning on one of them), but mostly it’s just that he plays so much that the odds are he’ll be on the ice for some goals. And those goals against were both on very well placed shots. But he’s blocked a ton of shots today, recovered pucks, moved the puck well, been active and creative in the offensive zone, and his skating has generally looked very good for his size. Livingstone’s two-way/all-around game has been as advertised. And I’d say he’s even looked a bit slicker and dynamic at times today in the offensive zone than he’s usually given credit for. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

It’s just that one year ELC cap hit issue that’s got me impatient.

Livingstone’s projected cap hit will go up by the day, until he’s signed, because of the “Brogan Rafferty rule” formula.

Otherwise, I’d fully agree.

And Livingstone has looked really good this game so far and his team is dominating on possession and chances. Still a scoreless game, but they are really pushing the pace offensively, while giving up nothing on defence.

With OEL done for the year, we can put him on LTIR and get extra space, right? 

I’m glad the Canucks are reportedly in on Hirose. He plays such an intelligent game. Lots of plays today when he gets a defensive stop and then transitions to offence with a pinpoint pass up ice. Really good mobility and he’s so clever on his angles and with his stick that he can defend well, even against bigger guys, though he’s undersized.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

I hope they play McDonough tonight, let him read the starting line up with his parents in the room and start him on the First line with Petey.

Then use that as a recruitment tool when with Jake Livingstone and any others they're trying to sign. :ph34r:  

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I hope they play McDonough tonight, let him read the starting line up with his parents in the room and start him on the First line with Petey.

Then use that as a recruitment tool when with Jake Livingstone and any others they're trying to sign. :ph34r:  

Do we have the lines for tonight?