The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Alex Formenton signs with HC Ambrì Piotta (Switzerland)

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I think Makar made a statement a long time ago about he wasn't even at this event.  

Probably.  He clearly was not involved. 

As far as the 'statements' are concerned...all the players have made their 'I wasn't there' statements except

Formenton.  That means 7 if the players are lying.  Most of the statements are via the agents. 

I feel badly for all the innocent players that were on the team.  There will always be a black mark on the

2018 team.  The innocent players worked hard to win the gold, but would probably prefer not to be

linked to the team.

At the moment, Formenton is the fall guy.  Unless he fesses up, there will always be speculation

and rumours surrounding the team.  Hockey Canada has proven that they will go to great lengths

to protect the reputation.  It's hard to believe that Formenton would gladly give up his hockey

career to save the reputation of Hockey Canada or the other 7 players involved.

Edited by higgyfan
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Probably.  He clearly was not involved. 

As far as the 'statements' are concerned...all the players have made their 'I wasn't there' statements except

Formenton.  That means 7 if the players are lying.  Most of the statements are via the agents. 

I feel badly for all the innocent players that were on the team.  There will always be a black mark on the

2018 team.  The innocent players worked hard to win the gold, but would probably prefer not to be

linked to the team.

At the moment, Formenton is the fall guy.  Unless he fesses up, there will always be speculation

and rumours surrounding the team.  Hockey Canada has proven that they will go to great lengths

to protect the reputation.  It's hard to believe that Formenton would gladly give up his hockey

career to save the reputation of Hockey Canada or the other 7 players involved.

We already know the 4 players involved. The other 4 weren’t on the WJC team but we’re CHL players that attended the gala. 

On 12/14/2022 at 6:31 PM, GhostsOf1994 said:

So... I read somewhere Formenton was co operating with the investigation or has evidence proving his innocence or proving guilt of others?

thats why he wasnt under contract as he was about to "rat out" several fellow nhlers who have major nhl contracts they just signed? 

Not saying he's involved but imagine the black eye.....

winner of multiple norris, Conn Smythe, rookie of the year, stanley cup winning cale makar..... has been charged with secual assault..

I believe Makar said he wasn't at the event and that's been corroborated. If I'm not mistaken, he wasn't even in the country at the time. He's good.

It's rumoured that at least one of the players involved is considered a "high profile player". The only players that really fit that description are Makar, Thomas, Kyrou, Hart, and maybe Batherson. Honourable mention to guys like Formenton, Comtois, and Dube. 

• There it is 1

13 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I believe Makar said he wasn't at the event and that's been corroborated. If I'm not mistaken, he wasn't even in the country at the time. He's good.

It's rumoured that at least one of the players involved is considered a "high profile player". The only players that really fit that description are Makar, Thomas, Kyrou, Hart, and maybe Batherson. Honourable mention to guys like Formenton, Comtois, and Dube. 

Kyrou would be insane to say he wasn't in town if he was involved.  That would be pretty easy to disprove in the investigation.

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Kyrou would be insane to say he wasn't in town if he was involved.  That would be pretty easy to disprove in the investigation.

Yeah, I'm just saying he would fit the description of a "high profile player". For a WJC team that was pretty dam good, it's a relatively short list of players that fits the description. 

3 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Yeah, I'm just saying he would fit the description of a "high profile player". For a WJC team that was pretty dam good, it's a relatively short list of players that fits the description. 

Hart really carried that team; it's a shame Philly rushed him.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Hart really carried that team; it's a shame Philly rushed him.

He was phenomenal. He had me all excited for future best-on-best events. As it stands right now we might be looking at Binnington (gross) or Jarry (the pride of Delta) to backstop Canada. Knowing that the Americans will have to pick only 3 of Demko, Gibson, Hellebuyck, Knight, and Oettinger sucks as a Canadian fan. The two goalies from that list who don't make Team USA would be locks for Canada.

2 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

yes, I agree with you %100.

if you read my post, it says "not saying he was involved" and used makar as an example as he is the best player with the most trophies.

also a tidbit I forgot to mention as previously somewhere else, some of the players involved are signed to multimillion dollar contracts.

that also narrows the list down.

also look at the players on the team and where they are now, how have they been performing the last few years?

why are others not even in the AHL nevermind the NHL?

pretty easy to identify some prime suspects.

some players have alibis, being at college, home or elsewhere. pretty easy to figure out.