The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boeser's season is underrated/underappreciated, but the concern is warranted

Rate this topic

Dazzle

On 2/5/2023 at 3:52 PM, EddieVedder said:

In this league you have players that help you win and you have players that help you lose.  Boeser is the type type of player that helps you lose.

No one cares how many points he has-  if hes in our top 6 we aren't winning anything of relevance 

Frank Seravalli writes a very balanced article on Boeser, which includes his strengths and weaknesses. In short, he's not a player "that helps you lose". What a ridiculous statement. The hate on Boeser or other players needs to be re-evaluated.

Seravalli is one of the best hockey minds out there.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/which-team-will-bet-on-canucks-brock-boeser-to-rejuvenate-his-career-at-the-trade-deadlineimage.thumb.png.b02f19b769e9cd508380305f3f9a704d.png

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Frank Seravalli writes a very balanced article on Boeser, which includes his strengths and weaknesses. In short, he's not a player "that helps you lose". What a ridiculous statement. The hate on Boeser or other players needs to be re-evaluated.

Seravalli is one of the best hockey minds out there.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/which-team-will-bet-on-canucks-brock-boeser-to-rejuvenate-his-career-at-the-trade-deadlineimage.thumb.png.b02f19b769e9cd508380305f3f9a704d.png

Brock is fine as a player. His cap allocation is just too much for what he offers to a club. I think we will trade him (off season) but will need to retain some salary.  The amount we retain will help with getting a decent return.  

7 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

.......... really?

I usually enjoy reading your insights on players. I'm a bit disappointed to see that you don't think Seravalli is a big prospect guy. He's basically an American version of Mackenzie.

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

I usually enjoy reading your insights on players. I'm a bit disappointed to see that you don't think Seravalli is a big prospect guy. He's basically an American version of Mackenzie.

Nah, I'm aware of Seravalli and I think he's an excellent hockey reporter, but words mean things. I absolutely wouldn't call Bob McKenzie "one of the best minds in hockey" either.