The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 14, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

I swear man, since i started bitching on here, OEL is off the ice, Myers is playing 2 out of 3 periods, Brock is doing what I predicted, and we are winning games. The only turd in the room is the cap. someone is actually reading all this crap, maybe just an AI

image.jpeg.e4336972e85887dc6074243e99b4fbf6.jpeg

@-Vintage Canuck-

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Okay now just think about this for a second….. as nice as it would be to draft a Bedard of should I say McDavidesque kind of player….Think of how Edmonton and Toronto have never been able to add quality to where they need it most. All because of a few monster contracts taking up a huge chunk of cap space.

1 10mil goalie beat 30mil worth of scoring because that goalie had a team around him.

If it wasnt for Gino on an ELC. PIT most likely might have never won a cup, certainly not 2 or 3. 

Kane and Toews signed matching deals and their only playoff appearance since then was through the ‘19-20 qualifying round… their contracts killed chicago.

Ovi won a cup only after the cap caught up to his cap hit… which is why PIT won their 2nd and 3rd cups, because the cap caught up.

TBL won their cups because they benefit from no tax states, so they can build a deep ass team every year. Kuch should be making McDavid money… yet hes under 10.. its not fair what a handful of the US teams have, but those contracts are the kinda cap hits we need with that type of skill to win. 

I dont want to be in any of those scenarios where we have to hand out those sorts of contracts and hope to god we can still assemble a good enough lucky enough team to win a handful of rounds of hockey and win a cup.

Draft a high skilled player, develop for a few years and insert into the lineup on a cheap deal during our window.

Not draft a generational player, insert into the lineup and shorten your window 3 years later with a monster contract. 

Generational talent is a gift and a curse imo.. but f*** it if thats what it takes to win a cup and go on a drought for awhile.. I’m on board…. i just prefer a longer window and staying competitive as long as Boston has

image.gif.0e5faa80cc99a78a5369be2371c6f348.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, EastCoastNucks said:

Look at calgary gathering all our favorites and they are in the playoffs and their cap is lower than us. Taff, Marks, Tanv, Stetch.

Tanev is the only one I really miss. 
if we had kept Marky, we would have lost Demko... the other two are replaceble. 
But a sound defensive RHDman to play with QH.... I miss Tanev

17 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Okay now just think about this for a second….. as nice as it would be to draft a Bedard of should I say McDavidesque kind of player….Think of how Edmonton and Toronto have never been able to add quality to where they need it most. All because of a few monster contracts taking up a huge chunk of cap space.

1 10mil goalie beat 30mil worth of scoring because that goalie had a team around him.

If it wasnt for Gino on an ELC. PIT most likely might have never won a cup, certainly not 2 or 3. 

Kane and Toews signed matching deals and their only playoff appearance since then was through the ‘19-20 qualifying round… their contracts killed chicago.

Ovi won a cup only after the cap caught up to his cap hit… which is why PIT won their 2nd and 3rd cups, because the cap caught up.

TBL won their cups because they benefit from no tax states, so they can build a deep ass team every year. Kuch should be making McDavid money… yet hes under 10.. its not fair what a handful of the US teams have, but those contracts are the kinda cap hits we need with that type of skill to win. 

I dont want to be in any of those scenarios where we have to hand out those sorts of contracts and hope to god we can still assemble a good enough lucky enough team to win a handful of rounds of hockey and win a cup.

Draft a high skilled player, develop for a few years and insert into the lineup on a cheap deal during our window.

Not draft a generational player, insert into the lineup and shorten your window 3 years later with a monster contract. 

Generational talent is a gift and a curse imo.. but f*** it if thats what it takes to win a cup and go on a drought for awhile.. I’m on board…. i just prefer a longer window and staying competitive as long as Boston has

Started drunk like me. Then sobered up in the middle of the post, then took another sip and rekt posted at the end. 

Luv you. 

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Playing players huge minutes makes no sense. Miller, Hughes, Petey. 

Why is the organization allowing them to go HAM? 

They’re already signed. They’ve shown recently that they can win. 

I like that the Abby boys are getting so much time and opportunity. Why not continue that? 

Podz and Kravs are still 4th line minutes. Give them more. 

Bring up Hogz. Let him gel with potential linemates. 

Keep Demmer game restricted. He just came off an injury. Why play him so much, especially now? Get Silovs out there for the majority of the games. He’s got a ton of talent to be a legit backup. 

I dunno man, it doesn’t make sense to try a fight for a non-playoff spot and kill any chance of getting the best prospect that could add to the lineup in a couple/three years that adds more skill into the lineup when the team actually has a shot of making a play for the Finals(Conference or Cup). 

Just my take on it. 

You have to look at it from the player's perspective too. If I'm Petey, I know I'm chasing 100 points, and a 100 point season on my resume would probably go a long ways towards netting me more on my next contract. Now all of the sudden career AHL players are eating into my ice time, and not because it gives us the best chance to win, but because it gives us a better chance to lose. That doesn't sit well with me at all if I'm him. Not only is the game being purposely sabotaged, but my season and potentially my payday is as well.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Started drunk like me. Then sobered up in the middle of the post, then took another sip and rekt posted at the end. 

Luv you. 

Hate this guy, you know, when Sedins retired there was only one player left from the Boston final. but Boston still has 5 or 6 players I hate. And we traded that defenseman.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

You have to look at it from the player's perspective too. If I'm Petey, I know I'm chasing 100 points, and a 100 point season on my resume would probably go a long ways towards netting me more on my next contract. Now all of the sudden career AHL players are eating into my ice time, and not because it gives us the best chance to win, but because it gives us a better chance to lose. That doesn't sit well with me at all if I'm him. Not only is the game being purposely sabotaged, but my season and potentially my payday is as well.

With the play of the team recently, plus recent acquisitions of players, plus a Coach that has an accountable and defensive structure, why wouldn’t Petey want to stay? Totally rhetorical question. 

I know you get it. 

Petey is going to get rewarded no matter if he gets to 100 or doesn’t. 

He’s the best player on the team and will be salaried accordingly. 

That’s not even an issue. 90 points or 110 points or something in between still means that Petey will have the highest salary and term. 

If you’re Petey and you know you’re going to get the best salary and term possible, then what are you worried about? Maybe the team around you? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

Hate this guy, you know, when Sedins retired there was only one player left from the Boston final. but Boston still has 5 or 6 players I hate. And we traded that defenseman.

I live on the east coast. I know people who are boston fans who know canucks were the better team. I even met a few who thought canucks won the stanley cup that year... ok, I meet stupid people.

1 minute ago, EastCoastNucks said:

I live on the east coast. I know people who are boston fans who know canucks were the better team. I even met a few who thought canucks won the stanley cup that year... ok, I meet stupid people.

Doesn’t matter where you live bud. If you’re a fan of the Nucks, then you’re a fan. 

I support your support. 

Boston earned the Cup. Plain and simple. 

But, you keep on posting. Happy to have you here. 

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Doesn’t matter where you live bud. If you’re a fan of the Nucks, then you’re a fan. 

I support your support. 

Boston earned the Cup. Plain and simple. 

But, you keep on posting. Happy to have you here. 

Sure, Boston "Earned" the cup but they didnt deserve it. I love canadians but Marchant should be exiled.

31 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

Look at calgary gathering all our favorites and they are in the playoffs and their cap is lower than us. Taff, Marks, Tanv, Stetch.

No. They are not even close to being in the playoffs.

Markstrom isn’t going to miraculously improve. He’s done. 

• There it is 1