The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Playoffs -- HA HA HA, but not Impossible

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

On 3/27/2023 at 1:12 PM, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

C'mon team, do it for Cheech!  :gocan::towel::gocan::towel::gocan::towel::gocan::towel::gocan:

:lol:

Cheech probably has some exotic vacation lined up when the regular season ends to celebrate his retirement. 

I can only imagine IF the Canucks did manage to pull this off he'd be contractually required I think to work until the Canucks season officially ends. 

So he'd go from anticipating a nice retirement to calling the Canucks in the playoffs.....all the way to the end, when Pettersson lifts the Cup!  

I'd actually love to hear the emotion in his exCanucks voice at the end of the winning SCF game, if that happened........

sigh....will it ever?

8 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

San Jose of all teams is the most likely to lose out the season.  They have rocketed straight for the bottom and are now the favourites to win the Bedard Bowl.  They wouldn't screw that up just to give Vancouver hope...

SJS won that game 3-0.  

Tragic number is now 5 with the OT loss.  Winnipeg still wildcard 2 at 85pts but Vancouver can reach at most 90pts.

Great. So you mean I get to be hopeful only to be disappointed again? At this point, if we get some Cinderella story then great, but I'm at the point of feeling sick on this roller coaster and would rather not expect us to make the playoffs and THEN be surprised if we do. lol

Edited by The Lock

37 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Great. So you mean I get to be hopeful only to be disappointed again? At this point, if we get some Cinderella story then great, but I'm at the point of feeling sick on this roller coaster and would rather not expect us to make the playoffs and THEN be surprised if we do. lol

Absolutely, 4 out of 5 dentists recommend roller coasters to enhance quality of life. Makes watching the games that much more fun rather than observing with amusement Team Tankers such as @DeNiro and crew faint from the mere thought of losing out on a chance at Bedard (low as it will be).

Or you could mimic aforementioned Mr. DeNiro and post a well thought out, well reasoned and researched retort as posted just above ^^^^^^^

Go Canucks Go

Edited by Rocket-68

3 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Absolutely, 4 out of 5 dentists recommend roller coasters to enhance quality of life. Makes watching the games that much more fun rather than pbservoimg with amusement Team Tankers such as @DeNiro and crew faint from the mere thought of losing out on a chance at Bedard (low as it will be).

Or you could mimic aforementioned Mr. DeNiro and post a well thought out, well reasoned and researched retort as posted just above ^^^^^^^

Go Canucks Go

Jim Carrey Hello GIF

20 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Absolutely, 4 out of 5 dentists recommend roller coasters to enhance quality of life. Makes watching the games that much more fun rather than pbservoimg with amusement Team Tankers such as @DeNiro and crew faint from the mere thought of losing out on a chance at Bedard (low as it will be).

Go Canucks Go

Like the commercials, I have to ask which dentists did you interview in the process? Also, how many dentists did you have to "ignore" to get 4 out of 5 dentists? Using a commercial format that's commonly used to lie to an audience kind of makes me more concerned about this roller coaster. lol

(And this ignores even the question of why do dentists care about roller coasters in the first place? Perhaps they want you to lose your teeth so they get more business?)

Edited by The Lock
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I think the part he left out was about the 4 of 5 dentists referring to people with dentures.  After all, think about what new dentures will do for someone's quality of life?  :bigblush:

So, if we're relating this to the state of the team, would bad contracts like OEL be the dentures to cover up bad teeth? :ph34r:

• elephant 1

On 3/28/2023 at 10:11 PM, mll said:

SJS won that game 3-0.  

Tragic number is now 5 with the OT loss.  Winnipeg still wildcard 2 at 85pts but Vancouver can reach at most 90pts.

Mid-next week.... 

Thanks to how bad Winnipeg is, we are playing "meaningful games" in April! 

Question: do we see a different player deployment once we mathematically eliminated? 

On 4/1/2023 at 12:35 AM, VancouverHabitant said:

Mid-next week.... 

Thanks to how bad Winnipeg is, we are playing "meaningful games" in April! 

Question: do we see a different player deployment once we mathematically eliminated? 

On Sunday, Winnipeg plays NJD and Vancouver has LA in town.  

Canucks tragic number is now down to 2pts.  If they win all their remaining games they can hit at most 89pts.  Winnipeg is at 87pts with Calgary and Nashville still able to catch them.

They can't recall anyone from the AHL unless on emergency basis but they could mix the lines up and/or spread the minutes more equally and/or rest Demko.

Edited by mll