To Columbus

van 1st ( lottery protected)

hoglander

garland

To Vancouver

Rhd Andrew Peeke

la first ( about 23)

Columbus 2nd (34th pick)

especially if Columbus wins lottery they can use our 11 pick to grab bedard best friend cristall, they get there version of Hank and Danny and we get a top pairing shut down rhd coming into his prime.

Trade 2

To coyotes 

La first we got in first trade

lehkermaki

rathbone

To Canucks

Barrett Hayton

Juuso Valemaki

It’s not that I’m giving up on lehkermaki it’s Hayton is going to be very good , and you don’t get something very good by not giving up something of equal value. He could be our third line Center next season then take over second line Center and Miller moves to the wing. Or even do that this season and try out Raty as third line Center and move Miller to the wing on second line. And valemaki rounds out our top 4 D for the foreseeable future. Obviously we need to clear cap space but trading garland above helps I think beuvillier and after Meyers bonus paid both those 2 are tradable clearing up more cap space.

Kuzmenko petey  Mikheyev 

Miller Hayton Boeser

Podz Raty Kravstov 

Joshua Aman Digesepie

Hughes Peeke

Valemaki Hronek

Oel (sigh) Schenn? 
Hirose Burroughs 

unfortunately I think oel is here for a few more seasons anyways. I would bring back Schenn to mentor Hirose in hopes he can be a tanev like player in a couple years . And with the second round pick we get from Columbus I would hope Bonk is still available. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

lol I’ma really old guy , no video games here. I’ve been a fan since the beginning and I’m sick of mediocre teams last 10 years. I’m ok swinging for the fences this is probably the last core I’ll watch grow up together and hopefully win. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Mikebeezy said:

lol I’ma really old guy , no video games here. I’ve been a fan since the beginning and I’m sick of mediocre teams last 10 years. I’m ok swinging for the fences this is probably the last core I’ll watch grow up together and hopefully win. 

I am with you brother!

• Like 2

I think there's certainly a deal to be made with CBJ. Let them get their Fantilli or Bedard and then hone in on Peeke and their later picks, even if it's their high 2nd.

11OA + Rathbone for Peeke + 23OA or 34OA should do it. Honestly I'd throw in Garland as well for the cap dump. I'd love to get a center out of it - Roslovic ideally, otherwise Kuraly, and would happily give Beauvillier to make it work. There's a deal to be done there for sure.

I'd be happy with this:

1st + Rathbone + Garland + Beauvillier for 23rd overall + Peeke + Roslovic

CBJ have to twiddle with their roster to make it fit but I'd even retain 1M on Garland or Beau to be honest. Then with the extra cap space, we could sign a Graves or heck, even a cheaper guy like Soucy would round us out nicely.

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

PDG - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Roslovic - Podkolzin

Joshua - Aman - Kravtsov

Hughes - Peeke

Graves - Hronek

OEL - Myers

Hirose

One of the best defences in the West, sure there's an embarassing 13M on the bottom pairing but they all have a role and most importantly, all of them can play 20+ minutes if needed. Up front we lose some scoring wingers but get a solid 3C and leave some holes for the kids from Abby to fill, which they will easily.

With the first rounder we probably take a defenceman like Willander, Simashev, Gulyayev, Lindstein etc. who won't be ready for a while, but with that solid D, they won't have to be, and can break into the league on our bottom pairing in 3-5 years time.

I agree a trade with Columbus is there but I think Roslovic makes too much money for what he offers. A defence liability is not what we need for our 3rd line Center. But I like the thinking behind the trade just not the player so much. And graves would be good depending on cost and term.

Edited by Mikebeezy