The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[WCF] Vegas Golden Knights (P1) vs. Dallas Stars (C2) | Golden Knights win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Stars in 4
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/21/2023 at 07:00 PM

9 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Yeah you are going to have to be more specific because I am not seeing what you are seeing as being blatantly obvious. I am sure a few players see the opportunity to make a little more money and that fine. Whether they make 10 million or a 11 million? Not sure if they are concerned that much as they want to be on a winning team. Everyone has an opinion on it though and I am not seeing it. 

You have a good evening as well.

f**k sakes lol. You're telling me if you had the choice to pay 16% less taxes on your 5,000,000 dollar salary you wouldn't jump on it? REALLY?

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

I have a fitbit. I just track my exercise these days.

That's great ~ how much exercise do you get each day or calories burned?

I like to take evening walks on weekdays and nature walks including walks near the water on weekends. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brilac said:

That's great ~ how much exercise do you get each day or calories burned?

I like to take evening walks on weekdays and nature walks including walks near the water on weekends. 

My knee is giving me issues. I'm only at 5 km a day. I want to get back to 7-8. I'm the opposite of bling or fashion.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Cheers 1

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

f**k sakes lol. You're telling me if you had the choice to pay 16% less taxes on your 5,000,000 dollar salary you wouldn't jump on it? REALLY?

Exchange rate is about 27%, right? Getting paid in US funds, while living in Canada, adds 27% to the money when converted. Guys get more up here, after the conversion. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Exchange rate is about 27%, right? Getting paid in US funds, while living in Canada, adds 27% to the money when converted. Guys get more up here, after the conversion. 

Contracts are negotiated and paid in USD.

Wait... you think that our money that is worth less gets us more? Bro, no..

Edited by JoshuaGuy

3 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Newsflash! We don't make millions of dollars or are professional athletes either. ::D

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, EdgarM said:

Newsflash! We don't make millions of dollars or are professional athletes either. ::D

I don't know anyone who wouldn't jump ship to take home that much more of your income. Asinine to think otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My knee is giving me issues. I'm only at 5 km a day. I want to get back to 7-8. I'm the opposite of bling or fashion.

Have you considered cycling? Keeps the knees fluid and arthritis at bay without the impact. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Contracts are negotiated and paid in USD.

Wait... you think that our money that is worth less gets us more? Bro, no..

Add 27% to your check. Or are you refusing that extra money? It’s a huge advantage. 

Just now, Barnstorm said:

Have you considered cycling? Keeps the knees fluid and arthritis at bay without the impact. 

Yes I have. Everyone in my family has knee issues. I used to cycle every single day. Probably a good habit to get back into.

It seems its hiker's knee. Really only bothers me down hills or down stairs. Or just my old bones.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

I don't know anyone who wouldn't jump ship to take home that much more of your income. Asinine to think otherwise.

Do you have specific examples? You may not but I think many aren't totally driven by the almighty dollar.

• Cheers 1