The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Gain Picks + UFA Signings

Canucks & Islanders

Boeser to Islanders for Josh Bailey (CapDump, $5mill, one more year) Alexander Romanov, 2023 4th Rd pick.

Canucks & Chicago / whoever really

Beauvillier for 2023 3rd & 7th Rd pick.

Canucks & Philadelphia

Garland for a 2024 4th Rd pick * they then retain and flip for a 2nd Rd Pick.

UFA's:

Ivan Barbashev $6mill x 5 years

Ryan O'Riely $5mill x 3 years

Kuzmenko-Petterson-Mikheyev

Barbashev-Miller-Podkolzin

Bailey-O'riely-Hoglander

Joshua-Aman-Karlsson

Hughes-Schenn

Romanov-Hronek

Hirose-Myers

Buroughs-Bear

I think a line-up like this works for numerous reasons. Most importantly it checks the box of what JR and Tochet have been saying is needed. It puts a roster out that is actually a team, and brings a level of high compete, professionalism and desire to come in every day and outwork the other teams. It has a good mix of russian players, making them comfortable and push each other to be better. It has terrific leaders who have been around the game for a while and know what it takes to win in Miller, O'riley and Schenn. Lastly, I think it checks off the team identity we've been missing since 2012, something that Bieksa quotes, and that is tough to play against. You got speed and physicality now from all 4 lines, the type of team that can win in the playoffs. Our defence still needs work however we have to be realistic about what ufa and trade options are out there and take steps here. With Myers and Bailey off the book equaling $11 million next year we can hopefully get closer to finding the piece that is required here.

Out of those trades and UFA sigings... who says no?

3 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

Klim would be great. I'd love Yamamoto if we didn't have so many wingers. 

If management does trade down to move out salary like a Beauvillier and or a Garland picking up Yamamoto on a cheap one year deal could be a great buy low sell high player.