The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

IGNORE

Gator

Team sheets are being fixed up to account for the new team morale feature, among a couple other things. CBA is about 75% done as well.

With just 9 sots left available it shouldn't be much longer before we start selecting our players!

Better get in now before it's too late!

56 minutes ago, Gator said:

Team sheets are being fixed up to account for the new team morale feature, among a couple other things. CBA is about 75% done as well.

With just 9 sots left available it shouldn't be much longer before we start selecting our players!

Better get in now before it's too late!

Had a thought...if we are having say 37 rounds of inaugural draft: i favour a separate entry draft for new prospects but that is besides the point, .... if we are having a full draft to flesh out our clubs: regardless of format, what if we did an opening set of rounds with a shorter timer like the GML five minutes or so , anywhere from 2 to 5 and then the rest of teh summer with a longer format say 6 hour timers at first for rounds 6 thru 37, shortening every week to ensure we get it done in time. Separate thread for the entry draft if we have a separate entry draft. 

I am just posting thoughts, take me or leave em, just figured we should all spitball this to make for the best overall experience.

On 7/18/2023 at 7:36 AM, Caboose said:

How could you possibly equitably assign draft position for the entry draft? Even if you picked last in the main draft and first in the entry draft you would get 2 of the top 33 players in the league + Connor Bedard. Seems there isn't a possible solution for this.

it is the sad reality there is just no way around it: luck of the draw BUT here me out on this: once we have all our GM's in place, this is a unique situation and unique answers are needed for distinct problems. THere is no way to balance whoever gets 1st overall entry draft position, IMO, with Connor Bedard sitting there like that, however there is another Connor in the NHL who is equal to if not better than Bedard: so separating the two drafts is a big YES, but with this suggested twist: the entry draft is randomly selected before any other orders are set.

This is the big reveal of why the gov gave me the highest security clearance in the nation: i sometimes have big brain. lol

Draw the entirely random entry draft order first and the top 5 teams or so, maybe 7? are the bottom seven to start off the Inaugural draft of 35ish rounds. 

that way whoever gets Bedard and early round company wont get mcDavid as well. et cetera ad infinitum in veritus vino. 

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

Had a thought...if we are having say 37 rounds of inaugural draft: i favour a separate entry draft for new prospects but that is besides the point, .... if we are having a full draft to flesh out our clubs: regardless of format, what if we did an opening set of rounds with a shorter timer like the GML five minutes or so , anywhere from 2 to 5 and then the rest of teh summer with a longer format say 6 hour timers at first for rounds 6 thru 37, shortening every week to ensure we get it done in time. Separate thread for the entry draft if we have a separate entry draft. 

I am just posting thoughts, take me or leave em, just figured we should all spitball this to make for the best overall experience.

The 2 drafts will be combined.

This format is not set in stone yet, but is very likely the way it ends up. If not this, something very similar.

40 Round Draft: Snake draft

12hr time limit starting out. Will shorten as season opener approaches (if league fills by then).

Max of 10-15 total prospects from 2022 or 2023 NHL drafts. Max of 1 in first 10 rounds, and 3 in first 20 rounds.

Teams must reach Cap floor and remain under the salary cap

Teams are strongly encouraged to.make selections in a timely manner to save everyone from.needing to rush their picks later. Draft picks cannot be traded, so there is no need for trade discussions during your time limit.

Draft order will be randomized live on discord by a volunteer GM

Edited by Gator
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Gator said:

The 2 drafts will be combined.

This format is not set in stone yet, but is very likely the way it ends up. If not this, something very similar.

40 Round Draft: Snake draft

12hr time limit starting out. Will shorten as season opener approaches (if league fills by then).

Max of 10-15 total prospects from 2022 or 2023 NHL drafts. Max of 1 in first 10 rounds, and 3 in first 20 rounds.

Teams must reach Cap floor and remain under the salary cap

Teams are strongly encouraged to.make selections in a timely manner to save everyone from.needing to rush their picks later. Draft picks cannot be traded, so there is no need for trade discussions during your time limit.

Draft order will be randomized live on discord by a volunteer GM

Discord group?

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The new "Team Morale" function will be implemented right out of the gate. However the agents will NOT use it as reference until the beginning of year 2.

I want to see the system in live use to see how it works over the course of a season. Making the needed adjustments as I see fit along the way. It will also give you guys an opportunity to see how it'll work before throwing it at y'all lol.

Edited by Gator

• Gator changed the title to [PICK YOUR TEAM - 8 SPOTS LEFT!] CDCGFL - CDC's "BRAND NEW" Fantasy League

Apologies for the delay in the CBA guys. Been putting a lot of time into the team morale system, and since doing so I've learned so many new things with Google sheets it has forced me to go back and fix up the teamsheets. Barring any interruptions along the way I'm hoping to have everything done over the next few days.

I know some of you are patiently waiting for the release of the CBA to help prepare draft lists. I promise the wait won't be for nothing. There are a lot of fun new fantasy features coming to CDCGFL. Team Morale being the biggest of them all, but there's also going to be some fun tweaks to the financials system, and team captain's are going to play a role in everything as well. Hopefully I'll have everything done in the next 2-3 days, and if league is filled up I can set some dates on things such as the draft!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

how will the draft work time wise? Are we all expected to be in attendance for a few hours, or will the draft take place over the course of a few days? 

Will have 12 hour limits on picks.. This way people shouldn't sleep through their limit. The faster you pick after being tagged the faster the draft will go. If too many people take up too much of their 12 hour window we may have to significantly reduce the time limits leading up to the season opener. 

The faster we fill these 8 spots and get the draft going the better off we'll be. If all goes well the team sheets and CBA will both be done by end of tomorrow. If that happens we can begin drafting almost immediately.

I will tag everyone with atleast 24 hour notice prior to the start of the draft. Be ready guys. These 8 spots could fill up any day now!

If you want to start draft prepping here is the scoring structure we will be going with:

1.1 Scoring Table

Forwards:

Goal: 4 points

Assist: 3 points

Powerplay Point: 1 point

Shorthanded Point: 2 points

Overtime Point: 1 points

Game Winning Goal: 1 points

Penalty Minutes: 0.25 points per minute

Hits: 0.25 points

Blocks 0.25 points

Hat-Trick: 3 points

Defenseman:

Goal: 5 points

Assist: 4 points

Game Winning Goal: 2 points

Blocks 0.25 points

Hat-Trick: 5 points

Goaltenders:

Win: 10 points

Overtime/Shootout Loss: 5 points

Shutout: 10 points

Goal: 99 points

Assist: 10 points

Penalty Minutes: 1 point per minute

*points subject to change every offseason

• Wat 1

21 minutes ago, Gator said:

Will have 12 hour limits on picks.. This way people shouldn't sleep through their limit. The faster you pick after being tagged the faster the draft will go. If too many people take up too much of their 12 hour window we may have to significantly reduce the time limits leading up to the season opener. 

The faster we fill these 8 spots and get the draft going the better off we'll be. If all goes well the team sheets and CBA will both be done by end of tomorrow. If that happens we can begin drafting almost immediately.

I will tag everyone with atleast 24 hour notice prior to the start of the draft. Be ready guys. These 8 spots could fill up any day now!

If you want to start draft prepping here is the scoring structure we will be going with:

1.1 Scoring Table

Forwards:

Goal: 4 points

Assist: 3 points

Game Winning Goal: 1 points

Blocks 0.25 points

Hat-Trick: 3 points

Defenseman:

Goal: 5 points

Assist: 4 points

Game Winning Goal: 2 points

Blocks 0.25 points

Hat-Trick: 5 points

Goaltenders:

Win: 10 points

Overtime/Shootout Loss: 5 points

Shutout: 10 points

Goal: 99 points

Assist: 10 points

Penalty Minutes: 1 point per minute

*points subject to change every offseason

it's summer, and my camping land is in the middle of nowhere and I don't have reception unless I go out fishing on the lake. One of my buddies has expressed interest in helping me by being my assistant GM. If I'm out at the property can he make my choices if my selections falls on a day I'm away 

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

it's summer, and my land is in the middle of nowhere and I don't have reception unless I go out fishing on the lake. One of my buddies has expressed interest in helping me by being my assistant GM. If I'm out at the property can he make my choices if my selections falls on a day I'm away 

Yeah that's completely fine!

29 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Curious if we will be using the NHL CapFriendly numbers for the first contracts for our already under NHL contract guys, SOrry if you covered this, but some other leagues I was a founding GM of did it this way and I think it rocked. 

Yes we will be basing deals off of capfriendly. Unfortunately the masterlist I created didn't come from cap friendly, so if you're using that list make sure you double check contract info is correct before making a selection