The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] CDCGFL 2023-24

Gator

4 hours ago, Gator said:

Could contain: Animal, Fish, Sea Life, Shark, Reptile, Crocodile

EXTENSION

The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed F Sebastian Aho to an 8 year contract extension. It carries an aav of $9.75m, and comes with a full NMC

Rauma Finland couldn't be prouder of their version of Sebastian Aho, what a guy, what a player what a pile of cash!!! Grats CBJ, fair deal, imo matching the NHL feels like a fair one. But this makes me sad that I shall never land this Seabass no matter what lure we put on the line. 

• Huggy Bear 1

18 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

What do these " phases " involve ?

And what does W/ E mean in regards to teams to interested ?

I believe the E & W are indicators of how many Eastern teams vs Western teams have submitted offers.

PHASE 1: TAKING OFFERS
In this phase agents will simply be taking offers and not replying.

(Minimum of 3 days)

PHASE 2: SSOFT COUNTERS
Agent will provide GMs with soft counters. Soft counters is more to give an idea of what it MIGHT take to sign them. You can choose to offer the players ask, offer more, or less after that.

(Will try and wait for replies, but could proceed to phase 3 without response. Minimum 24 hours)

PHASE 3: EVALUATING OFFERS
In this phase there should be a couple front runners that the agent will start getting down to business with. They will let other GMs know they are out of the running (or close to) and focus on the favorites. This doesn't mean a team can't come out of the blue with a better offer. An agent will still consider another offer during this phase if they see it benefiting his clients needs.

(No time frame)

PHASE 4: DECISION TIME
In this phase the agent has pretty much finished talks and is making their decision. Time is ticking to get an offer in. Chances of getting a last minute deal done at this time is slim, but not impossible. 

(Expect a decision within 1-24 hours after PHASE 4 has begun)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could contain: Pen, Person, Writing, Text

ELC Contract Signing

The  image.thumb.png.6a0e2b11320326a9e279dea82122bcb2.png Buffalo Sabers have signed Maxim Strbak to a 3-year entry-level contract. It carries an AAV of $875K per season. ($2,625,000 in total)

"Player quote: Maxim is excited about the opportunity in Buffalo. He hopes to show the franchise he deserves this opportunity. He can't wait to play in front of his family and friends for his first game in KeyBank Center." - per Agent Rush.

@Gator

• Like 2

Heads up. I will be out of town and absent from contract discussions starting on: Friday the 15th and will be returning on Sunday the 17th in the evening. 

I will try to get most of the pressing contracts signed, sealed, and delivered by Thursday night. 

Edited by Rush17
  • Cheers 1

Cayden Primeau, Ryan McDonagh, and Tanner Pearson are all expected to sign today. 

If you are not in the mix yet and want in. The time is now! Those in the mix please send your final offers now if you haven't already!

It's go time folks!

Ryan McDonagh - EP Rinkside

Free Agent Signing

The Could contain: Logo, Symbol, Text Calgary Flames have signed Ryan McDonagh to a 4-year contract. It carries an AAV of $3.8M ($15,200,000 in total) and a full NTC.

"Player quote: The situation in Calgary just felt right from the start. The team is hungry to compete and it was nice that the franchised valued me. I hope to help bring a championship to Calgary before my career is complete!" - per Agent Rush.

• Like 1

Primeau: 'I'm really interested in the brain'

Free Agent Signing

The  Could contain: Logo, Animal, Fish, Sea Life, Shark, Emblem, Symbol Tampa Bay Lightning have signed Cayden Primeau to a 3-year contract. It carries an AAV of $1.35M ($4,050,000 in total).

"Agent quote: Cayden was really excited to enter free agency this summer. The opportunities were plentiful and Tampa showed a strong desire to sign him from the start. They continually were a top offer in the negotiation process. That type of dogged determination meant a lot to Cayden." - per Agent Rush.

• Wat 1