The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) Canucks' Brock Boeser hopes workout change leads to renewed success

Rate this topic

RWJC

21 hours ago, Slegr said:

This may come across harsh, but no more excuses. It’s time to put up or shut up with Boeser. 

If anyone on the team has a reason to have a couple excuses for their shaky play over the past couple years it is the guy that destroyed his back and went through the process of losing his dad. 

Anyway, I'm pumped for the dude and hope this is a massive year for him (30+ goals)! Glad we didn't dump him for nothing (even if it meant cap space), I think he has it in him still to be a great top 6 winger. 

Edited by Bobby James
  • Cheers 2

44 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

If anyone on the team has a reason to have a couple excuses for their shaky play over the past couple years it is the guy that destroyed his back and went through the process of losing his dad. 

Anyway, I'm pumped for the dude and hope this is a massive year for him (30+ goals)! Glad we didn't dump him for nothing (even if it meant cap space), I think he has it in him still to be a great top 6 winger. 

Not to mention surgery scar reopening after a broken hand in pre-season. Guy's had his share of setbacks.

• Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Bobby James said:

How do you feel about OJ?

On 9/6/2023 at 8:05 PM, Citizen Erased said:

Apparently the Canucks are trying hard to acquire William Nylander and Boeser would be part of the package going back, along with Lekkeramaki and a top 10 protected 1st round pick in next year’s draft.

As a Canucks’ fan, I’m saying no thanks to King Joffrey. 

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

On 9/7/2023 at 8:16 AM, EddieVedder said:

I hope he starts producing too so another team might actually finally take him.

One day youll understand the type of players you need to fill your top 6 with if you want to compete- Brock isnt it. 

Sure a lot nicer to see than Goldobin, Bear, LE and maybe Pearson.    Last season Brock has a career year in assists.   And you got your wish, a lot of time playing with Dries, the spare part line, and on and off the first unit (our second unit is only thrown out there to regain possession and the zone the last 30 seconds).  

Under Tochett he played better.    Know his criticism is warranted.   But man i've never seen a guy with worse luck.  JV's mistake breaks his back, his wrist etc ...  was our best player (know you will never admit this) covid year, then Greens last season, Bruce bump which he was part of, then breaks his freaking hand.   For stretches during his time with us he's shown he can play well.    This year will be the last one I hold out on hope he can make it work.   Hope he's working on his foot speed.   New training routine, came into camp looking lean. 

There is still a chance there is a place for him.   Was hoping he'd be our Patrick Sharp.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1