The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 06, 2023 | 7:00 pm PT | Sportsnet

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

That message in the forum closure is eventually gonna need to be changed, from in October to in November to in 2023 to in 2024 to in eventually. If they want to do a terrible decision like closing the forum, that's one thing, but at least show you're competent enough to do what you say you're going to.

Anyway, would love to see some goals from Hronek, Petey and Boeser tonight.

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Some competition remains for the winger positions but basically the opening night roster. We will see how they perform tonight to get a sense of the upcoming season.

With improved defensive play and more defensively minded center (Suter), I was hoping for Hoglander-Garland to drive scoring from the third line against weaker opponents. Beau played well with Kuz and Petey last season so I'd just keep him there. 

Even with some upgrades, our defence still looks like it will be our weak link, especially the RD. I think PK will be better with good PK defencemen in Cole and Soucy. And Hronek should be an upgrade.

42 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It's not indestructible; it's embracing the "rebuilding year" philosophy -- shutdown attempts are just the losses on the way to a brighter, more cup-filled future. Or so we keep telling ourselves... ;) 

don’t ever change, Vintage. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, jyu said:

Some competition remains for the winger positions but basically the opening night roster. We will see how they perform tonight to get a sense of the upcoming season.

With improved defensive play and more defensively minded center (Suter), I was hoping for Hoglander-Garland to drive scoring from the third line against weaker opponents. Beau played well with Kuz and Petey last season so I'd just keep him there. 

Even with some upgrades, our defence still looks like it will be our weak link, especially the RD. I think PK will be better with good PK defencemen in Cole and Soucy. And Hronek should be an upgrade.

Absolutely, it's exciting to see how the team's dynamics are shaping up for the opening night roster. And I agree, the upgraded PK with players like Cole and Soucy should make a positive impact. It'll be interesting to see how the defensive improvements play out, particularly with Hronek in the mix. Looking forward to tonight's game to get a better feel for the team's potential this season!

• Cheers 1