The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

All Tochett wants for Christmas is for Kuzmenko to forecheck

Rate this topic

Coconuts

22 hours ago, Gurn said:

Will Kuze learn, or will he get traded?

Might have wanted to decide that, as an organization, prior to last years trade deadline. Or maybe they did decide, and think he will figure it out?

I was arguing we should sell him leading up to the deadline tbh, maybe we should have 

I think there's a good chance he's moved 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I want to say, he will learn. Doesn’t every member of a winning team want to pull their own weight & contribute. Goals is not the only way to contribute. Wins is more relevant. Sure he scored a lot of goals last season…but the team did NOT make the play-offs. 

The next few weeks will be telling in as far as his character goes. Is he a selfish & egotistical being or a team/player?  I believe Petey may be going through the same challenges. Petey will rise up like…Pavel Datsyk or Patrice Bergeron. Play the right way for the team & the rewards will come. Make the players around you better. Kuzmenko’s work ethic & coach-ability is being tested & so is the patience of his coaches & teammates. 

I hope all of his advisors, friends & family get on board with the coach’s program, too & I hope he doesn’t fall into the vice of back-biting or crying “woe is me”! 

Rise-up! We’re all rooting’ for ya Kuzy! Goals are secondary to the process! And the process…is the winning formula! The team needs spontaneous synergy, instinctive structure, & harmonious line-changes.  Be a more reliable cog in the machine, dude! Cheers & have a…Merry Christmas! 

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1

• 1 month later...