The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

And as a Pats fan, there's rumours Kraft, Belichik and the Pats are after Mike Wallace, WR of the Steelers. He's a FA, or soon to be, and with the Pats in need of a deep threat, there's lots of circulation that he'd come to New England to give the Pats a truly lethal offense.

The past year without Moss, it became quite clear that the Pats offense wasn't as threatful as before cause no one had to worry about a 6'4" monster run down the field with the hands and skill of Jerry Rice. Obviously the Pats did have one of the best offenses in the NFL, but for Pats fans, we knew we were missing that deep threat piece, and it seems after we came so close to winning the Super Bowl, that it'll / it should be resolved this year so we can win it all this upcoming year.

I want Manning to come to the Seahawks!

It would be great for him to come to Seattle, the fans deserve a guy like him who can turn that team around and can turn them into a bonafide contender. Also, it would be great to go down and see an elite QB play live.

It would be great to see my second favourite team get one of the best QB's in league. Come on Seattle, you can get Peyton Manning!

And as a Pats fan, there's rumours Kraft, Belichik and the Pats are after Mike Wallace, WR of the Steelers. He's a FA, or soon to be, and with the Pats in need of a deep threat, there's lots of circulation that he'd come to New England to give the Pats a truly lethal offense.

The past year without Moss, it became quite clear that the Pats offense wasn't as threatful as before cause no one had to worry about a 6'4" monster run down the field with the hands and skill of Jerry Rice. Obviously the Pats did have one of the best offenses in the NFL, but for Pats fans, we knew we were missing that deep threat piece, and it seems after we came so close to winning the Super Bowl, that it'll / it should be resolved this year so we can win it all this upcoming year.

Yes!!!

If the Pats get Wallace, he will solidify the offense. Finally Brady will get his offensive threat back, since the loss of Moss it hasn't been the same. Ochocinco didn't turn out to be the player they hoped he would. With Wallace, the Pats will be a big time Super Bowl threat!

Heard he couldn't pass across after his surgery's / he sucked. Great move my the Colts though - why keep him cause he's Manning? If you know he's not gonna do good, then do whats best for the organization. Though, I think it'd be smart if the Colts kept him for one more year, so he could mentor Luck. That'd be a huge step towards Luck's development.

I don't get NFL culture (recreational/ admitted bandwagon Super Bowl fan) because I don't see why the team has a period to release players who've been good (e.g. Peyton, Shaun Alexander awhile back, Hines Ward only recently); is it to open up space in the team to rebuild? Also what's this Franchise Tag? Is it a good thing or not to have it? It sounds bad from how some people in this thread put it

Thanks!

I wouldn't go as far as saying it will never happen .. Lloyd will sign for cheap if he wants. The rest of the guys are already locked up (I believe Branch is a FA but is going to resign). The Steelers didn't franchise Wallace and put a tender on him implying theyre fine with him leaving as long as they get that pick. With Burress saying Roethlisberger is his favorite QB I could see him going there, he's no Wallace but I don't see the Steelers in a "we NEED wallace" situation. Also Pats can address their defense with their frenzy of picks in the first 4 rounds

Just for your info, Manning isn't gonna be Manning anymore - there was a reason why he was released, it's cause he sucks after all his surgerys. I think it's unrealistic to say that whereever Peyton will go, he can lift the team, cause reality, he's old, has injury's which are restricting him to do things which he can't do anymore, and he'll likely be an average QB this year.

Do not look for Manning to lift the team he signs with, cause its just not gonna happen. No hate to the guy, one of the best to ever play, and as a Pats fan, Manning being/used to be the Pats biggest rival - his days are over, and sadly, this/these will be the years of his decline.

Just for your info, Manning isn't gonna be Manning anymore - there was a reason why he was released, it's cause he sucks after all his surgerys. I think it's unrealistic to say that whereever Peyton will go, he can lift the team, cause reality, he's old, has injury's which are restricting him to do things which he can't do anymore, and he'll likely be an average QB this year.

Do not look for Manning to lift the team he signs with, cause its just not gonna happen. No hate to the guy, one of the best to ever play, and as a Pats fan, Manning being/used to be the Pats biggest rival - his days are over, and sadly, this/these will be the years of his decline.

Archived