The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Update: Password and login for canucks ticket holder works. You can now find out for real that it was sold out before you even got a chance to buy! What's the point of having a ticket priority if someone else has an even higher one, and it's sold out before you can log on?

I agree with what ChelseaFC said. This is going to be a terrible card, and you are btter off paying for upper bowl seats to 114 or 116 rather than ones being sold for 115. Also, it's an awesome experience in Vegas.

I got lucky and bought six, sold them all already for a profit, and my buddy bought four others for him and his wife and me and my wife. My profit paid for my tix. Dunno if I would've paid anything for this one, but that was my plan the second I heard UFC was coming here.

It's a terrible card because there aren't many superstars on it? Take a look at the actual matchups and if you are an actual fan of MMA (read: not simply a UFC fan who only knows the guys that get Spike TV specials) then you will see that there are some pretty good fights on this show. I don't think it will be a blow-away card by any means but it won't be terrible. If Fitch/Alves happens that will make it even better. Chuck is old and washed up, we know that. Franklin is pretty much in the same boat. But here are two legends of the UFC who were tops of their divisions for years finally squaring off. Would this fight have been better 2 or 3 years ago? Hell yes, but it's happening now and let's face it, it's a hell of a lot more interesting than Chuck vs. Tito.

You're a Canucks season ticket holder, not a GM place seat holder.

That's not how they sell it. I understoond during the olympics, but typically every concert and event held in GM place, you get first crack at. Why they even bothered sending out an email with a password that simply showed you were unable to buy tickets (who were these people that could is what I wonder) is beyond me.

Way to fail canucks, way to fail...... :angry:

• Upvote 1

The card sucks, you can get more for that price in Vegas or another city and you can make a trip out of it. That being said I might buy tickets last minute or a few days before the event just because i'm a big fan. There is no way all those scalpers and scalper wannabes will get rid of all those tickets for those ridiculous asking prices. They'll end up dropping them as we approach the event and I might buy a pair if I can get a good price then but if I don't, big whoop, i'll just order the card.

Edited by Innovative

That's not how they sell it. I understoond during the olympics, but typically every concert and event held in GM place, you get first crack at. Why they even bothered sending out an email with a password that simply showed you were unable to buy tickets (who were these people that could is what I wonder) is beyond me.

Way to fail canucks, way to fail...... :angry:

How do the Canucks fail? IMHO people who are part of the UFC fan club should have priority over Canucks fans.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else see Brian Kilmeade get teabagged by "BJ" Penn on fox and friends?

For those of you guys who don't know who Brian kilmeade is. He is the most annoying guy on fox and Friends in the morning as well as has his own conservative radio talk show. But there is also one other little known fact about Brian that most people don't know. He was actually Jim Browns announcing partner in the first ufc. It seems like he thought he may have gained the ability to fight through osmosis because he was an announcer for the ufc before.

What on earth does that have to do with the Canucks? The UFC sold all of the tickets through their fan club presale, Hardly something you can pin on the Canucks...

How did they fail? How did I get a minus? How is this connected?

THEY OWN THE FREAKING BUILDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except for the olympics, where they changed the name and basically passed on ownership of the place, for EVERYTHING else the season ticket holders get first crack at getting seats, regardless of what the performance is.

Now if they couldn't (for some reason) do that for this event, why get my hopes up and make me log in at a special time when it's not going to work.

You must not be a season ticket holder if you don't think it's a total fail, as it is a total fail.

• Upvote 1

Wow, another minus one? You all know that when they sell you seasons tickets, one of the so called benefits is exclusive first priority access to concerts and events at GM place? For the one thing I actually wanted to get this year, it turns out they lied to me, and the info they sent me was useless and a waste of time. Sorry for not being happy about that, getting told one thing and then actually getting another.

• Upvote 1

How did they fail? How did I get a minus? How is this connected?

THEY OWN THE FREAKING BUILDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except for the olympics, where they changed the name and basically passed on ownership of the place, for EVERYTHING else the season ticket holders get first crack at getting seats, regardless of what the performance is.

Now if they couldn't (for some reason) do that for this event, why get my hopes up and make me log in at a special time when it's not going to work.

You must not be a season ticket holder if you don't think it's a total fail, as it is a total fail.

Did the Vancouver Canucks sell all the tickets? No. The UFC did. They have a fan club that you have to pay for, so of course they're going to give those people first crack at tickets. This was an advertised presale. I do feel bad for people who really wanted to go, but couldn't get tickets, but at the same time I know a lot of people who realized ahead of time that paying up for the UFC fan club was the best way to get tickets, and had no problem getting them.

I'm not a season ticket holder, no, but I don't see how an event that sells out 100% in 30 minutes is a 'fail'.

Dayum.

I just tried to watch TUF. I record the midnight SN episode so I can watch it in HD. Anyways, it didn't record because the dodgers game went until 12:15 am :(

Yea it was ridiculous, both of the games over the past 2 days were super long. I was trying to get my Connected fix after yesterdays game and had to wait soooo long.