The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

"Unfortunately, not every fight turned out the way everyone would like," Silva uttering almost identical words to his odd, action-less fights at UFC 90 and UFC 97. "Demian disrespected me, not as a person, but as a fighter."

"I'm not too sure what [jiu-jitsu] school Demian came from," said Silva. "I sent a message because he disrespected morally by the things that he said. "I'm a black belt, and would never say the things that he said."

"I don't feel like I owe anyone an apology right now," said Silva. "Sometime's fights turn out good, sometimes they turn out bad."

"The way I feel, my mission was completed, I came in and dominated the fight, I did what I had to do, That's how I feel."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Silva-unapologetic-says-Maia-disrespected-him-?urn=mma,233390

UFC president Dana White, who traditionally hands champions their belts at the end of fights, left the bout during the fourth round. White was still seething during the post-fight press conference.

“It was a disgrace,” he said. “To end this night the way we did was embarrassing - I apologise to every one who came to the fight. I will, I don't know how yet, but I will make this up to the fans.

Asked by The National whether putting Silva into a fight with welterweight champion Georges St Pierre – who the crowd chanted for throughout the main event – was now a priority, White was ambiguous.

“Who wants to see Anderson fight after that fight? He could be the first champion in history to be fighting on the preliminary card.”

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100411/SPORT/100419966/1004

Wbat a mess.

Honestly GSP will destroy Anderson Silva, no doubt

Yeah...no chance. GSP can't touch Silva's stand-up and there's no way he can take him down. Silva would embarrass GSP, and for that fact alone, I don't think Dana White will let that fight happen.

Since Anderson Silva said he was 'rusty' through his translator, Dana White should make him fight again in Vancouver. Rich Franklin anyone?

He's already almost ended Franklin's career twice, while barely working up a sweat. There's no way Franklin fights Silva for a third time.

He's already almost ended Franklin's career twice, while barely working up a sweat. There's no way Franklin fights Silva for a third time.

Silva is a piece of $hit. If your gonna showboat back it up. The ref even warned him bout running away, Belfort is gonna knock this choad out when Silva starts dancing around like he's in a circus

Edited by MauricioShogunRua

I feel bad for Anderson Silva, the guy has absolutely no competition in the UFC. I really hope he doesn't fight GSP, because he's going to dominate him just like everyone else.

How can you feel bad for the guy? If he has absolutely no competition why the hell didn't he walk in and knock the guy out? Instead he dances around the ring like a retard. He made a mockery of the sport tonight.

A GSP vs Silva fight makes zero sense

GSP walks around at 5'11 185bs

Silva walks around at 6'2 225lbs

He is physically a much bigger man and based on GSP's fighting style, he has zero chance of winning.

Where do you get the info that Silva walks around at 225? I do agree that he is a bigger man than GSP but when he fights at 185 he looks really lean and slender, for him to drop another 10 pounds could really hinder his fighting.

Silva is best suited to fight at 205. After tonight I could really care less to see him fight at all, and by Dana White's comments he feels the same way.

How can you feel bad for the guy? If he has absolutely no competition why the hell didn't he walk in and knock the guy out? Instead he dances around the ring like a retard. He made a mockery of the sport tonight.

Like Dana said people only remember the main event. You can see that on this thread where people are saying this card wasn't worth watching. IMO it was a great card till the main event then Silva shows up.

Seriously if Silva wants to dance go on Dancing With Stars

EDIT: Silva walks around at like 195, heard Joe Rogan talking bout it during the Main Event circus I believe

Edited by MauricioShogunRua

Anyone got an active Sherdog account I can use to get banned. All mine have been banned over the years and I really want to troll. Maybe start an "Anderson silva found dead in dubai hotel room". That would be a good one.

They aren't accepting registrations right now or I would totally make one myself. :(

I thought this card was pretty good (maybe not worth 55 bucks though)

Grove-Munoz came to bang.

Etim-Dos Anjos had it's moments.

Renzo-Hughes was slow going but Hughes put on a show near the end.

Edgar-Penn was absolutely beautiful to watch.

Silva-Maia was a disgrace. Maia earned fans the way people said Hardy did against GSP. People said Hardy showed heart in a very one-sided beatdown where he did nothing. Maia tried all fight to do something and took a beating in the process. He shot for takedowns, pulled guard, and tried to land some shots. He seemed out of it very early but after round 3 he went for it and Silva ran away. Kinda funny to see Silva taunting for 3 rounds telling Maia to come get some and then he gasses and runs for the rest of the fight. Maia might never be champion as long as Silva is around, but he went for broke and I respect him for that.

• Upvote 1

http://twitter.com/danawhite

Dana White probably shouldn't go on Twitter without an advisor around.

One of the guys he's talking to called people from UAE "terrorists" -- is swearing at these people really hard ot justify? Good on Dana White for calling sh*t how it is.

I can't believe what I saw. Anderson Silva is retarded. Upset that Penn lost. Baffled by people who still pay such big money for UFC events when they can be seen online like two hours later

i managed to watch some of the silva "fight" online and i gave up on it after the second round..what a joke..

i'd recommend watching the whole fight. just to get an idea of the kind of fighter demian maia is right now and the potential he has. he turned it on after the third and did all he could. very admirable.