The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Latenight Lounge

Rate this topic

g_bassi13

Hmmm...apparently I have an unknown drinking problem.

Unfortunate.

She came to work drunk, and was telling pretty much everyone. I told my manager. Manager came back to fire her on the spot.

I did actually feel terrible though. There was a lot of internal debate about it though. It could've backfired on me, and my manager could've found out from a customer and then I might have gotten fired. And as much as I hate my job, I still need it.

Unfortunate.

She came to work drunk, and was telling pretty much everyone. I told my manager. Manager came back to fire her on the spot.

I did actually feel terrible though. There was a lot of internal debate about it though. It could've backfired on me, and my manager could've found out from a customer and then I might have gotten fired. And as much as I hate my job, I still need it.

I don't understand, how could you have got fired?

Well the situation is, they are opposed but that isn't why I can't join.

If I join now, I won't make any money and they probably would need my financial support when they retire.

If they had enough money, I would join without much of second thought.

They are almost like an obligation to me now.

Woah man, I don't even know what to say here...

I understand your feeling of responsibility for your parents, but it truly isn't yours. You've got to follow after what you want to do, and trust the chips will fall where they must.

You are going to grow to REALLY despise your parents if you stay with them and do as they ask out of some blind sense of obligation.

How far off are they from retirement anyway?

Woah man, I don't even know what to say here...

I understand your feeling of responsibility for your parents, but it truly isn't yours. You've got to follow after what you want to do, and trust the chips will fall where they must.

You are going to grow to REALLY despise your parents if you stay with them and do as they ask out of some blind sense of obligation.

How far off are they from retirement anyway?

I am already starting to feel resentment and I am still a student.

They are about 5 or so years away from retirement.

Yeah I am careful not to get any deeper with these sort of obligations. I have stuck religion on the frontburner and things like dating on the backburner so I make sure I don't get sidetracked.

I am hoping to enter the Sangha in my thirties, although a bit late, I hope I can verse myself in knowledge of sutras to get a bit of a head start.

Hey sup guys just dropping in for a bit.

Dee, I hope Harrison is okay.

Pwnage, that's really a dillema man. Be good to your parents or become a Bikkhu... Not something you're going to decide overnight that's for sure.

I think it has already been decided. Work for a while and get them afloat. Then live out the rest of life as Bhikkhu. I am just not too pleased about it right now.