The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Honestly, that's total overkill. What purpose does it serve (other than driving everyone crazy)? I mean, some grunting on impact may be the result of putting everything into a shot - but that's ridiculous.

There should be some kind of ruling/warning system when it becomes that much of a distraction. I wouldn't want to go sit through one of her matches based on this.

she sounds like she's orgasming every shot, that can't be legal. But the question is how do you regulate it. What level of grunting would be allowed? Is Sharapova in the clear?

It really does look like Federers tourney to lose now.

Monfils?

she sounds like she's orgasming every shot, that can't be legal. But the question is how do you regulate it. What level of grunting would be allowed? Is Sharapova in the clear?

Wouldn't all that screaming make you tired eventually, hurts my ears personally. People used to complain about monica seles's grunting but these girls are taking it to the next level!

OMG watch this! it's enough to drive anyone crazy. if i was her opponent i'd have to wear earplugs!

Thanks for the link. I have a video of my friends playing tennis and will be editing in her grunts when they hit the ball.

Sveta Kuznetsova defeat Serena Williams!!!! I predict a russian final: Safina- Kuznetsova. Saturday will be a great day.

at least the women are coming through for you since davydenko got ousted pretty badly

at least the women are coming through for you since davydenko got ousted pretty badly

It's the biggest problem of our masculine tennis: we don't have a true superstar. We have very good players( that's the reason why we always fight until the end for the Davis Cup) but we need a guy like Nadal, Federer or Djokovic. Marat Safin has all the talent of the world, but he is crazy: his head doesn't work very well.

Right now, I think Del Potro is the biggest threat for Federer. The swedish guy who beat Nadal( I don't remember his name right now) is an enigma. I don't know how far he can go but I don't see winning the tournament.

Robin Soderling is the name you're looking for.

Russian and european players have surpassed the americans and south americans as far as women's tennis, Even the chinese players are quickly getting better

I thought Marat Safin would be the next big russian player after he won the US open, but i guess injuries and inconsistencies have worked against him

Yay for Federer ousting Monfils. To be honest, I was pretty confident Federer could handle Monfils... Del Potro's a different story. I think he's Federer's biggest threat.

Still, since upsets happen now, I'm not going to say anything... Just wait and watch!

im a fan of both federer and nadal, but i'd have to say that my favorite would be federer.

another player im a fan of would be djokovic (sp). his immitations of players like sharapova and nadal are really funny.

on the other side of things, my favorite female tennis player would be ana ivanovic:

ana-ivanovic11.jpg

:wub:

i recently started playing tennis, and playing gives you a much greater appreciation of the pro player's skills.

my serving and forehand has improved a lot, but i still cant seem to hit a good backhand.

Edited by amkia

Sveta Kuznetsova defeat Serena Williams!!!! I predict a russian final: Safina- Kuznetsova. Saturday will be a great day.

Seeing Williams ousted almost makes up for Ivanovic and Sharapova being out of the tournament. With her and Venus being gone, I could happily see anyone win on the women's side.

My money is on Safina.

Edited by RUPERTKBD

im a fan of both federer and nadal, but i'd have to say that my favorite would be federer.

another player im a fan of would be djokovic (sp). his immitations of players like sharapova and nadal are really funny.

on the other side of things, my favorite female tennis player would be ana ivanovic:

ana-ivanovic11.jpg

i recently started playing tennis, and playing gives you a much greater appreciation of the pro player's skills.

my serving and forehand has improved a lot, but i still cant seem to hit a good backhand.

she's so fine, I've supported her since she was on tour

anyways, Federer has this nearly sewn up now. Del Potro will be owned like in the Aussie Open and Soderling in the final needs to replicate his Nadal act to beat Federer

ana-ivanovic11.jpg

She is nice, but my favourite lady would be Vera Zvonareva

wta260142.jpg

vera1(1).jpg

Vera%20Zvonareva.jpg

It's the biggest problem of our masculine tennis: we don't have a true superstar. We have very good players( that's the reason why we always fight until the end for the Davis Cup) but we need a guy like Nadal, Federer or Djokovic. Marat Safin has all the talent of the world, but he is crazy: his head doesn't work very well.

Right now, I think Del Potro is the biggest threat for Federer. The swedish guy who beat Nadal( I don't remember his name right now) is an enigma. I don't know how far he can go but I don't see winning the tournament.

Hey, atleast you have people on the female side. Latvia only has 1 current female and she is ranked 267th. She is only 19 so hopefully she can come through for us.

On the men side we have 3 people, highest is 40th. If Latvia is going to do anything in tennis Ernests Gulbis is the guy