The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Raonic just unravelled against Isner. Once he got up a break in the 1st, he started spraying the ball all over the place. He couldn't be very happy with the way it went. A wasted opportunity. On the bright side he picked up 180 points and should move up to around 18th. On to Cincinnati.

^ yeah that's exactly his problem. makes it hard to cheer for him. his ball placement is all over the place and he really isn't able to control the unforced errors

Djokovic looks a bit tired and his form isn't nearly as good as it was last season. It would have been amazing to get a Raonic vs Djokovic final because I really think Milos could have challenged for that title pretty hard. Sadly not to be.

Wozniack also out. Beaten by Wozniacki (there should have been a drinking game for the amount of times the commentators said the wrong name!) but she put up a great fight. She has great potential

Well, just finished watching Raonic Vs Berdych. And that was definitely a return to form for Milos. A much more confident player tonight and it just shows that when he plays to his ability he can be a challenge for anybody. Very impressive win. He gets Wawrinka tomorrow in the Quarter Final and they say he is in fine form as well. One of them get Federer or Fish in the Semis.

Raonic was so disappointing in Cincinnati. Had a one set lead against Wawrinka and Wawrinka's serve % was brutal. Most of the points were being played off of his 2nd serve which is very weak and Raonic couldn't break once in the 2nd or 3rd sets. Unforced error after unforced error and before you knew it, he was out of the tournament. Easily a match he could have won.

I'm really hoping Djokovic wins the US Open. Goodness knows he's due. But he is not nearly the player he was last year. He's lucky Rafa has been injured so much or else he'd have lost his #2 ranking by now.

Very good draw for Milos. Being ranked in the top 16 pays dividends. Worst case scenario if he goes all the way

1st Giraldo

2nd Mathieu

3rd Granollers

4th Murray

QF Tsonga

SF Federer

Final Djokovic

Edited by Donky

Holy **** Milos is annoying to watch. First in Toronto losing to Isner who played 3 sets earlier in the day. Then losing to Wawrinka leading 4-2 in the second set tiebreaker in Cincinatti. And now wasting 30-30 opportunities on Giraldo's serve and probably going down two sets to one.

Holy **** Milos is annoying to watch. First in Toronto losing to Isner who played 3 sets earlier in the day. Then losing to Wawrinka leading 4-2 in the second set tiebreaker in Cincinatti. And now wasting 30-30 opportunities on Giraldo's serve and probably going down two sets to one.

Agreed. I don't know where that consistency is. The instinct is there, but this is frustrating as all hell to follow, lol. You know he can do better, so you look and yell at the screen whenever he fails for no given reason.

Edited by g_bassi13

He gets it done but against a better player that never would have been possible. Giraldo missed a few routine shots that allowed Raonic to stay alive. But his lack of consistency and the fact that he doesn't put points away when he has the chance to are a few of the things that really come back to haunt him in later rounds and they are the reason that he can't advance much past qf's most of the time.

Raonic is definitely one of the toughest players to cheer for and watch because I'm always watching in fear knowing that a silly unforced error is probably going to happen at any moment.

There's been a lot of big serve players that seem to struggle immensely in every other department. Isner is the same, and to an extent, so is Roddick.

It's like because of how good they serve, they never get the opportunity to practice a good rally as much because it's one and done for them.

Could do because they're so tall and big it creates problems with speed and mobility or something. Maybe that's why Roddick does better because he's smaller and able to keep up with the play?

^ size definitely has a lot to do with it.

There are many times where Raonic seems unable to handle his tall frame, especially when he's trying to hit placement shots rather than power shots. He doesn't quite have the soft hands and finesse needed to hit some of those volleys consistently.

But the large frame has advantages too. His wingspan and his coverage of the court with his long strides is an envy of anyone short...I should know lol

Kim Clijsters is out :(

There is no doubt that she wasn't able to keep up with younger players anymore, but it is very sad to see her retire. I got into tennis during the Clijsters/Henin era and I always have admired Kim's ability to be level headed and classy. I never saw her get snarky or whiny like some of her opponents. Even during the Serena Williams foot fault fiasco, she handled the situation amazingly well.

Will miss her crazy splits when hitting a forehand. Good luck Kim.

Bloody heck Tsonga :(

He has so much talent. I honestly think he is capable of winning a Slam but he seems to be very lazy and has some poor habits. One of my favourite players to watch when he's on his game.

Sad to see that Andy Roddick will be retiring but after all his injuries, I knew it was coming sooner than later.