2895 replies to this topic

#1651 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:05 AM

Holy **** Milos is annoying to watch. First in Toronto losing to Isner who played 3 sets earlier in the day. Then losing to Wawrinka leading 4-2 in the second set tiebreaker in Cincinatti. And now wasting 30-30 opportunities on Giraldo's serve and probably going down two sets to one.

#1652 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,601 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

Holy **** Milos is annoying to watch. First in Toronto losing to Isner who played 3 sets earlier in the day. Then losing to Wawrinka leading 4-2 in the second set tiebreaker in Cincinatti. And now wasting 30-30 opportunities on Giraldo's serve and probably going down two sets to one.

Agreed. I don't know where that consistency is. The instinct is there, but this is frustrating as all hell to follow, lol. You know he can do better, so you look and yell at the screen whenever he fails for no given reason.

Edited by g_bassi13, 28 August 2012 - 10:40 AM.

gRyiJKo.pngw909Z5O.gifgRyiJKo.png

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#1653 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,688 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

Rallied in the 4th set. Huge 5th set coming up.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

#1654 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,531 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

He gets it done but against a better player that never would have been possible. Giraldo missed a few routine shots that allowed Raonic to stay alive. But his lack of consistency and the fact that he doesn't put points away when he has the chance to are a few of the things that really come back to haunt him in later rounds and they are the reason that he can't advance much past qf's most of the time.

Raonic is definitely one of the toughest players to cheer for and watch because I'm always watching in fear knowing that a silly unforced error is probably going to happen at any moment.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#1655 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,728 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

There's been a lot of big serve players that seem to struggle immensely in every other department. Isner is the same, and to an extent, so is Roddick.

It's like because of how good they serve, they never get the opportunity to practice a good rally as much because it's one and done for them.

Could do because they're so tall and big it creates problems with speed and mobility or something. Maybe that's why Roddick does better because he's smaller and able to keep up with the play?

#1656 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,531 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

^ size definitely has a lot to do with it.

There are many times where Raonic seems unable to handle his tall frame, especially when he's trying to hit placement shots rather than power shots. He doesn't quite have the soft hands and finesse needed to hit some of those volleys consistently.

But the large frame has advantages too. His wingspan and his coverage of the court with his long strides is an envy of anyone short...I should know lol
Posted Image

#1657 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,531 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

Kim Clijsters is out :(

There is no doubt that she wasn't able to keep up with younger players anymore, but it is very sad to see her retire. I got into tennis during the Clijsters/Henin era and I always have admired Kim's ability to be level headed and classy. I never saw her get snarky or whiny like some of her opponents. Even during the Serena Williams foot fault fiasco, she handled the situation amazingly well.

Will miss her crazy splits when hitting a forehand. Good luck Kim.
Posted Image

#1658 Brad Marchand

Brad Marchand

Sphincter

• Members
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

ESPN has developed a huge mancrush on Jack Sock.

tumblr_inline_mkh3paoaow1qeneek.gif

Luc Bourdon & Rick Rypien: Forever Canucks

#1659 canuck champs

canuck champs

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

Tsonga out. What an upset!

Edited by canuck champs, 30 August 2012 - 12:14 PM.

Posted Image

#1660 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,531 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

Bloody heck Tsonga :(
He has so much talent. I honestly think he is capable of winning a Slam but he seems to be very lazy and has some poor habits. One of my favourite players to watch when he's on his game.

Sad to see that Andy Roddick will be retiring but after all his injuries, I knew it was coming sooner than later.
Posted Image

#1661 Martin Frk

Martin Frk

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:26 AM

Roddick, it was a heck of a career! Sad to see that he only won that one major slam, but he is still one of the best american male tennis players of all time
Posted Image
Cred to Lemons

#1662 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:13 AM

Bloody heck Tsonga :(
He has so much talent. I honestly think he is capable of winning a Slam but he seems to be very lazy and has some poor habits. One of my favourite players to watch when he's on his game.

Sad to see that Andy Roddick will be retiring but after all his injuries, I knew it was coming sooner than later.

I thought for sure he would win more than 1 slam , but it wasnt meant to be :sadno:
Posted Image

#1663 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,531 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

Wow is anyone watching the Tomic/Roddick match? I'm pretty sure even I have a harder forehand than Tomic does. He's just serving up shots on a platter for Roddick to pounce on. Roddick up 2 sets and just won the 3rd 6-0. Used the serve and volley method a lot which was actually quite fun to watch. The commentators are furious with Tomic. They're saying he has no guts and no fight in him...and I kind of have to agree. Really lame effort by him here.

But good for Roddick. He'll live to see another day.
Posted Image

#1664 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,531 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

Good win for Raonic. Pretty much manhandled Blake who hasn't played to potential in years. I was watching the match on a TV in the display window of a electronics store at Coquitlam Centre. The workers got pissed off and changed channels on me lol
Posted Image

#1665 LuonGO Canucks Go

LuonGO Canucks Go

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

^ LOL i also watched the third set tiebraker at Coquitlam Centre on the T.V. at sitting area in front of food court.

#1666 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,531 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

^ LOL i also watched the third set tiebraker at Coquitlam Centre on the T.V. at sitting area in front of food court.

What, they have one in the food court!? Ok well that's where I'll be the next time I'm there. Better than making the people at The Source look at me funny lol.

Sad to see Lleyton Hewitt lose today. He's such a fighter. Great that Roddick is still around though. And Sharapova had a great match. Went down 0-4 in the 2nd set, came back to tie, and then went down 6-4. Got down 0-2 in the 3rd set, and then there was an hour of rain delay, and when play resumed she was a different player. Hammered her forehands down the line and was relentless. Great to see that kind of fight in her.
Posted Image

#1667 oh captain my captain

oh captain my captain

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

Murray-Roanic is the night match tomorrow

Thanks VC for the sig.

#1668 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,949 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

I am puped for raonic murray!!
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#1669 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,688 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

Murray played fantastic. It will another year or so before Milos can really challenge in these majors.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

#1670 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,531 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

Raonic still has a ways to go before he can beat a top 5 seed in a Slam. It's ok though, he's young and he'll have a summer full of things to work on.

It's not on YouTube but everyone should go to the US Open website and check out the highlight of the tweener by Bob Bryan in their doubles match. It came during a 2nd set tiebreak when the Bryan Bros were already down a set and it was such a clutch shot. Totally changed the momentum of the match and they went on to win the match.

http://www.sportsgri...-bryan-tweener/
Posted Image

#1671 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,942 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:16 AM

Posted Image

Raonic will have a good career. It just takes time.

#1672 kj29

kj29

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

go federer all the way!!! :towel:

o5udj8.jpg

medium.jpg CDCFL medium.jpg CDCEHL medium.jpg CDCSTHS

*Commissioner of CDCYHL*

#1673 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,531 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Damn rain delays :angry:
Messed up my evening of tennis watching, not to mention the players' schedules lol. Honestly, every Slam venue should have a retractable roof on at least the center court. In the case of the US Open, both Ashe and Armstrong should ideally have one.
Posted Image

#1674 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,688 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

Federer is in major trouble vs Berdych down 2 sets and a break

#1675 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 78,616 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

Wow, shocking!

307mg00.jpg

#1676 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

^ Not really, and lots of respect to Roddick after today

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#1677 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,531 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Wow! How many forehands did Federer miss!? Very uncharacteristic of him. That is the thing about Fed - if he loses it's because of his own errors, not because he was being pushed around by the opponent. I thought that not having to play his last round match would have helped him get some rest but maybe Mardy Fish's withdrawal worked out negatively for Fed. But great game by Berdych. He made some fantastic shots.

Andy Roddick will be missed. He should definitely join McEnroe in the commentator's booth. He's a natural with a microphone. Great player and a great sendoff for him. Del Potro was all class too, stepping aside and letting Roddick have his moment.
Posted Image

#1678 kj29

kj29

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

so sad that federer lost.....dont know who to cheeer for since both roddick and federer are out :sadno:

Edited by lappy40, 05 September 2012 - 09:26 PM.

o5udj8.jpg

medium.jpg CDCFL medium.jpg CDCEHL medium.jpg CDCSTHS

*Commissioner of CDCYHL*

#1679 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,531 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

Wow Serena is just demolishing her opponents. Errani didn't stand a chance today. Serena is looking good but Azarenka will be her biggest challenge and if it's anyone that can knock her down it's Azarenka. Will be a great match.

The 2 men's semis will be terrific tomorrow.
Posted Image

#1680 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,688 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

I'm already looking forward to the Davis Cup tie Vs South Africa next week. Canada should cruise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.