The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

| ~ . **Official** Diablo III Thread . ~ |

kanucks25

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i too am giving diablo 3 another go with this new patch seems interesting if it means less ah shopping then im in because thats what made me leave the game ending up being a gold hunt instead of an item hunt

although i have to wait i reset my phone and forgot to remove the authenticator now im waiting for an email from blizzard to remove it

• 1 month later...

new patch expected any day now. and it'll totally change how people approach the game (it'll basically force a variety of builds, rather than every single person just trying to emulate 3 or 4 builds)

dunno if that'll make me play more. i beat inferno a while ago, and haven't really been interested in farming, as most of the drops in act 3, 4 were very poor for me.

however, the new update will change the minimum drop levels on inferno (i.e. no more level 58 drops, thank god), so maybe farming will actually be fun for a few more hours.

new patch expected any day now. and it'll totally change how people approach the game (it'll basically force a variety of builds, rather than every single person just trying to emulate 3 or 4 builds)

dunno if that'll make me play more. i beat inferno a while ago, and haven't really been interested in farming, as most of the drops in act 3, 4 were very poor for me.

however, the new update will change the minimum drop levels on inferno (i.e. no more level 58 drops, thank god), so maybe farming will actually be fun for a few more hours.

You read updates as "OOPS, WE MADE A MISTAKE!"

Others read updates as, "here, you already beat the first 40 hours of gameplay? Here's 20 more."

You read the updates as desperate attempts to correct initial mistakes (even though there's virtually no indication these were mistakes in the first place other than a few D2 players filing complaints about X, Y, Z), I read them as a conversation between developer and fanbase. Yes, some things are being "fixed," but so much of the additions are great, and totally change how the game is played for those who play it, not necessarily because the original design was wrong, but simply to elaborate on it.

No, that doesn't mean it'll bring back people who already played it and hated it, but for those who _do_ play it, the releases, I think, are interesting and fun.

I think 'game changing' updates are absolutely vital to a game that aims for longevity. Think of Team Fortress 2, think of World of Warcraft, Starcraft, etc. are regularly updated or expanded upon.

Other games, like Borderlands, Torchlight, Call of Duty, etc. are released, and updated a couple of times, and more or less forgotten about. Or, worse, make you PAY for the changes.

I don't even really play Diablo anymore, but I'm more than happy with the loads and loads of hours I pumped into it, and I'll definitely mess around with the 1.0.5 update, too. But I don't have the type of personality to commit all my 'gaming time' to a linear, non-competitive game that offers virtually no incentive to repeatedly play. This isn't a problem limited to Diablo 3, it's a problem limited to ALL linear, single player (or co-op) games that offer literally nothing in terms of competition, laddering, or any of that. For me, I think the attention span and competitive nature of most gamers requires these features in 2012.

• 9 months later...

Anybody still playing this lol?

I've quit 3 times already since release but I'm trying it for a 4th time. It does seem a little more fun but we'll see. Trying a Barb now 'cause I've tried all the others.

I really hate how all characters play like tanks. I wish they'd make the WD and Wiz casters. Also they really need to work on item customization; every character can make a good build using the Skorn.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived