The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC Lions/CFL 2012 Season thread

Canucks_fo_life

Tough luck for Kierrie Johnson who scores a touchdown and then gets hurt. Now he is out until October and the Lions lose their most explosive player. Looks like that spot is Nick Moore's to lose now.

Lulay seems to be off on his throws to his receivers which is odd considering he had all the last half of the year and the off-season to develop chemistry with all his receivers which are all the same.

The injuries to receiving corps won't help Lulay but the home field should be enough for the Lions to get back in the win column this week.

Tough luck for Kierrie Johnson who scores a touchdown and then gets hurt. Now he is out until October and the Lions lose their most explosive player. Looks like that spot is Nick Moore's to lose now.

Lulay seems to be off on his throws to his receivers which is odd considering he had all the last half of the year and the off-season to develop chemistry with all his receivers which are all the same.

The injuries to receiving corps won't help Lulay but the home field should be enough for the Lions to get back in the win column this week.

Heads up for Friday:

Thank you for your support as a BC Lions Season Ticket Holder! We look forward to seeing you at BC Place for the game versus the Edmonton Eskimos at 7:00 pm Friday. Gates will open at 6:00 pm which is 1 hour prior to kick-off. This game is proudly sponsored by Purolator.

Here are a few game day tips you may find helpful:

- With a favourable forecast on the horizon for Friday night, we plan for the roof to be open for this key West Division matchup.

- We encourage fans to use public transit to get to the stadium. Click here for information to help you get to the game.

- Friday is Purolator Tackle Hunger Night! Players’ wives and girlfriends along with Purolator will be located at Gate A & Gate H beginning at 5:00 pm to collect non- perishable food items and cash donations (pre-game only). Anyone who makes a donation in person will receive a voucher to have their picture taken with the Grey Cup and Brent Johnson at the BC Lions Street Party up until 6:45 pm. As you may already know, cash donations provide our food banks with great purchasing power - bring a cheque made out to either the Greater Vancouver Food Bank OR the Surrey Food Bank or a cash donation to Gate A or H. Cash and cheque donations of $25.00 or more will make you eligible for a tax receipt. You also have the option to donate via text message - text TACKLE to 30333 on your cell phone to donate $5.

- Arrive early to enjoy the street party. The fun starts at 5:00 pm as Nissan presents the BC Lions Street Party located on the Terry Fox plaza near the corner of Beatty and Robson. The street party will feature the Jared Suitor Band, face painting, poster making and a performance by the 2012 Felions.

Game likely to be blacked out. Such BS, if you live beyond Surrey, and get off around 5, there is simply no way to get to the game with out missing a chunk of it. It's either a 45 min skytrain ride from King George (not the 15 min David Pratt makes it out to be) or an up to two hour drive, ANNND you have to find somewhere to park, and also pay for that parking.

Excuse me for not wanting to spend $60 on a ticket, an extra $20 on parking, just to see 3 quarters of football. Not to mention the money I would have to spend on food at the stadium because I would have no time to stop for dinner, which is another $20-40. $4.50 for a bottle of freaking water.

You guys need to invest in TSN HD!

I did. The only reason I did was so I could watch BC Lion games when I'm not attending.

Monster game by Harris so far, can't wait to see what he's got in store for us in the 2nd half.

Another frustrating game to watch(no blackout on the island). I guess we didn't deserve to win though.....Khalif Mitchell should be suspended for a while, IMO. You can end careers doing that crap. Glad the eskie was ok and returned.

On to week 5.

To think in a couple of years the Lions hope to be able to blackout HD games also. By then most people should have moved on to 3D tv's and will be able to bypass the blackout probably.

About the game itself. The Lions as a team are not playing up to their standards. Special teams has been awful both on coverage and returns.

I'm starting to think all the great field position Yonus Davis used to constantly give Lulay and the Lions offence hid some of the flaws.

Tim Brown is not a very good returner. He had one good game against Hamilton and has been shutdown since. Lions special teams coverage units are gonna have nightmares trying to contain Larry Taylor next week.

Archived