3141 replies to this topic

#3031 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,370 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

Raymond Shroeder hansen has been one of our most effective lines all season. Can't see AV not using it.
Seriously
Sedin Sedin Burr
Roy Kes Kass
raymond shroeder Hansen
Booth Lappy Higgins.

When healthy we have a very deep team.

I suspect Schroeder's FO % is close to Roy's. I expected a stronger % out of Roy. I cannot see the Canucks succeeding in playoffs without a solid 3rd line. With 3 games left Roy should drop back to 3C and Schroeder should get a shot on wing. Try him at 2LW. He distributes the puck well and has Kesler as a shooter. I don't see him getting ice in playoffs failing a injury replacement. That assumes Higgins makes it back.

#3032 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

I suspect Schroeder's FO % is close to Roy's. I expected a stronger % out of Roy. I cannot see the Canucks succeeding in playoffs without a solid 3rd line. With 3 games left Roy should drop back to 3C and Schroeder should get a shot on wing. Try him at 2LW. He distributes the puck well and has Kesler as a shooter. I don't see him getting ice in playoffs failing a injury replacement. That assumes Higgins makes it back.

How many times does it need to be said that Schroeder can not play on the wing? They tried it in the AHL and he failed miserably at it.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#3033 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

How many times does it need to be said that Schroeder can not play on the wing? They tried it in the AHL and he failed miserably at it.

how many times does it need to be said that when he played with hodgson as his centre he looked fine. Of course when he played with some ahl reject that had a career average of 20points a year he looked miserable. Look at the moose centres from 2010. Hodgson was hurt and schroeder playing wing that left the following players.

alex bolduc
marco rosa (played on 1st line schroeder didnt)
joel perrault (spent most of the year with vancouver)
prab rai
stefan schneider
mario bliznak

If my memory serves when hodgson got hurt he played with bliznak for 10games or so then they moved him back to centre. Hardly a fair trial on the wing.

#3034 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

how many times does it need to be said that when he played with hodgson as his centre he looked fine. Of course when he played with some ahl reject that had a career average of 20points a year he looked miserable. Look at the moose centres from 2010. Hodgson was hurt and schroeder playing wing that left the following players.

alex bolduc
marco rosa (played on 1st line schroeder didnt)
joel perrault (spent most of the year with vancouver)
prab rai
stefan schneider
mario bliznak

If my memory serves when hodgson got hurt he played with bliznak for 10games or so then they moved him back to centre. Hardly a fair trial on the wing.

Didn't he mostly play wing at the WHC too? Seemed very effective there. I can see him playing wing for Kesler pretty effectively. But I'd worry about how hard the board battles are gunna be come playoff time. I'd go

Twins-Burr
Raymond-Schroeder-Kesler
Higgins-Roy-Kassian
Booth-Lappy-Weise

When the lineups healthy.

Have Kesler take the face off then switch to wing as him and Roy have been doing.

#3035 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

Didn't he mostly play wing at the WHC too? Seemed very effective there. I can see him playing wing for Kesler pretty effectively. But I'd worry about how hard the board battles are gunna be come playoff time. I'd go

Twins-Burr
Raymond-Schroeder-Kesler
Higgins-Roy-Kassian
Booth-Lappy-Weise

When the lineups healthy.

Have Kesler take the face off then switch to wing as him and Roy have been doing.

im not sure who played centre at the WJHC. I think Wilson might have played wing and they had schroeds in the middle.

http://www.usahockey...or-championship

old article from back then, still amazing the points that line put up.

favourite quote from that article:

“Schroeds is going to go in the top-5 in the draft, so I’ll be the odd man out at No. 7,” joked Wilson, a 2008 draft pick of the Nashville Predators.

#3036 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:42 AM

If they plan on having Roy on Kesler's line, then Shroeder better be getting 3rd line center duty. He's already proven much better than Ebbett.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#3037 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

If they plan on having Roy on Kesler's line, then Shroeder better be getting 3rd line center duty. He's already proven much better than Ebbett.

definitely. Hes better everywhere. He wins battles, hustles in his own end, and crushes ebbett in the dot.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#3038 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,370 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

Little bit surprised that Schroeder wasn't played last night.

#3039 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,630 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

Didn't he mostly play wing at the WHC too? Seemed very effective there.

No, he played centre in between Stoa and JVR
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#3040 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,630 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

They should really reunite the

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

line against the slow sharks, but I doubt it will happen
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#3041 Gerbera

Gerbera

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Anyone else surprised that Canucks have not recalled Schroeder or other players? Usually we r the first to recall our prospects before playoffs and is awfully quiet this year ....

#3042 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

Anyone else surprised that Canucks have not recalled Schroeder or other players? Usually we r the first to recall our prospects before playoffs and is awfully quiet this year ....

im guessing that with the bruins game today the regular season is extended 1 day and therefore teams must have capspace until monday morning in order to recall players from the AHL.

#3043 Sergei Shirokov

Sergei Shirokov

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

They scratched him in the final wolves game of the year, likely to prevent injuries. They must have plans to recall him.

After clinching the NW, they should have played him the final two games to get him a bit more experience. This years playoffs is gonna be very physical. If we do have indeed have a longer run, he'll mostly likely play some games.

He has played very well after being sent back down. I believe he's been a PPG.

I would have liked:

D.Sedin H.Sedin Burrows
Higgins Kesler Roy
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Pinizotto Lapierre Weise

#3044 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Is such a soft 3rd line. During the game against St.L it was really noticeable how Raymond was getting run over. It would be the same for Schroeder. I prefer Lappy on the 3rd.

If Booth were available, I think a 3rd of Booth Schroeder Kass would be pretty good.

#3045 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Is such a soft 3rd line. During the game against St.L it was really noticeable how Raymond was getting run over. It would be the same for Schroeder. I prefer Lappy on the 3rd.

If Booth were available, I think a 3rd of Booth Schroeder Kass would be pretty good.

We're not a tough team. It's time for people to start realizing that. No matter how you construct the lineup, it's not gonna be tough.

We're a skilled team. We have to win with skill.

I'd rather try and win games by playing to our strengths and being fast and skilled. Then try and pretend to be some big grinding team that we're not.

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen will get us farther than Raymond-Lapierre-Hansen. We need secondary scoring.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#3046 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,370 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

We're not a tough team. It's time for people to start realizing that. No matter how you construct the lineup, it's not gonna be tough.

I'd rather try and win games by playing to our strengths and being fast and skilled. Then try and pretend to be some big grinding team that we're not.

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen will get us farther than Raymond-Lapierre-Hansen. We need secondary scoring.

I thought Van played a pretty physical game against the Hawks. In fact I think Van has more in the physical department than the Hawks and SJ. No matter whether an opponent is 'physical' or not they will target certain Van forwards, the Twins, Raymond and most definitely Schroeder if he played. The Twins because they are the Van offensive QB's, Raymond for his breakaway speed and Schroeder because of his inexperience and size. All Van d-men will be targets simply because it yields offensive chances. Van tried your offence first idea in 2011 and it ran out of gas thru attrition. Oddly enough as many pick the Hawks to come out of the west I question their ability to stand up to physical play. Hossa is one hit away from another concussion and the 'Twerp' disappears every time he takes a hit.

#3047 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

I thought Van played a pretty physical game against the Hawks. In fact I think Van has more in the physical department than the Hawks and SJ. No matter whether an opponent is 'physical' or not they will target certain Van forwards, the Twins, Raymond and most definitely Schroeder if he played. The Twins because they are the Van offensive QB's, Raymond for his breakaway speed and Schroeder because of his inexperience and size. All Van d-men will be targets simply because it yields offensive chances. Van tried your offence first idea in 2011 and it ran out of gas thru attrition. Oddly enough as many pick the Hawks to come out of the west I question their ability to stand up to physical play. Hossa is one hit away from another concussion and the 'Twerp' disappears every time he takes a hit.

IMO any team has to be able to match what ever the other team throws over the boards, I believe the Canucks can do that. If the opposition wants to play tough, or speed or skill we have to be able to match it. We have enough toughness to do that

Edited by Fred65, 29 April 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#3048 BureisBest

BureisBest

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Just to confirm, MG did say on TEAM1040 recently that Schroeder is coming up for the playoffs.
Posted Image

#3049 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:28 AM

Exactly. If we force the other team to play our game, it doesn't matter how much tougher they are than us. Look at the home game against St Louis - they couldn't keep up when we turned it up with our speed and skill.

Edited by Canvoucer Vanuck, 01 May 2013 - 03:29 AM.

RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#3050 synobyte

synobyte

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

Lp

#3051 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,855 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

Schroeder a RFA this summer. What does his next contract look like?

#3052 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

Schroeder a RFA this summer. What does his next contract look like?

2 years, $2 million? I can't see him getting much more than that, could be less. 9 points in 31 games doesn't earn him a whole lot, but I'm guessing it'll be short term as he's projected to improve upon those numbers and in a few years he'll be worth more. Maybe $900k in the first year, $1.1m in the second year.

His qualifying offer has to be a minimum of $850,500 so it'll be higher than that at least.

abl8vt.jpg

#3053 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,855 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

2 years, $2 million? I can't see him getting much more than that, could be less. 9 points in 31 games doesn't earn him a whole lot, but I'm guessing it'll be short term as he's projected to improve upon those numbers and in a few years he'll be worth more. Maybe $900k in the first year, $1.1m in the second year.

His qualifying offer has to be a minimum of $850,500 so it'll be higher than that at least.

Oh, was wondering what his Q.O was. Good to know.

Ya, these 2nd contracts confuse me for a player who's had little or no NHL time yet. For him and Tanev, I'm a little confused. Would be good if they could get Schroeds at $1M per, I think he centres the 3rd line next yr. They really need to inject some youth into the lineup.

#3054 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:46 AM

Oh, was wondering what his Q.O was. Good to know.

Ya, these 2nd contracts confuse me for a player who's had little or no NHL time yet. For him and Tanev, I'm a little confused. Would be good if they could get Schroeds at $1M per, I think he centres the 3rd line next yr. They really need to inject some youth into the lineup.

I'm pretty excited for that next year. With the cap going down, they'll have to insert more youth on those cheap ELC's. Guys like Schroeder, Jensen, Corrado could all be regulars next year. Add in Kassian and Tanev and the Canucks could have quite a few young guns on the roster.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#3055 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

^
Plus guys like Andersson, Gaunce, Mallet, Lack, and a few more with a chance of making the squad too.... the Canucks future isn't really all that shabby.

No one really screaming "Superstar" potential, except for Jensen, but lots of players to slot in throughout the lineup.

#3056 Kosmo Kramer

Kosmo Kramer

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

Lp

#3057 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,855 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:52 AM

I'm pretty excited for that next year. With the cap going down, they'll have to insert more youth on those cheap ELC's. Guys like Schroeder, Jensen, Corrado could all be regulars next year. Add in Kassian and Tanev and the Canucks could have quite a few young guns on the roster.

Ya, me too. Always good to see the young guys brought in and see what they can do. I think Gilis gets another young guy (centre or winger) in the Luongo trade as well.

#3058 BureisBest

BureisBest

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

Schroeder's Wolves highlights from last year, his strongest in the AHL.

Posted Image

#3059 R3aL

R3aL

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Pretty Nice highlight reel for him!

15s7x8x.jpg

Work of Art by: Justdean10

#3060 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

sucks that he is having shoulder surgery hopefully he is back for training camp at 100%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.