The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Schroeder-Hodgson-Jensen

That line's got it all. Speed, size, playmaking, snipes, vision, and dangles. I think this could be a very good second line (potentially first depending on how everything turns out) for us in the future.

I gotta agree. schroeder's really stepped it up this year. they'll be an amazing line for us in the future.

I don't know. Schroeder seems to play better at center. We have not seen him play well on the wing.

he was playing well on cody's wing before they both got injured last season (in fact that was his best stretch all last season), and his play style looks best suited to the wing. just because he played center in the prospects tourney and in 1 preseason game doesn't mean that's the only place he performs. i have a felling he'll be on cody's wing on thursday, or at some point this preseason

I've been really impressed with Jordan so far. He's come out and said all the right things about how last season he wasn't ready at all, and that he realized that he needed to work harder to be successful at this level - and his play so far has backed up every word that came out of his mouth.

First he had a good two games at the Young Stars Tournament - it only took two games for the Canucks staff to confirm and realize that Schroeder has taken it to the next level and is competing every shift, backchecking, creating chances - a transformation into a 2-way player.

Second he had a good showing last night in a NHL pre-season game. Jordan looks extremely fast and while he is not overly physical due to his size, he seems to be able to skate away from hits like Patrick Kane and all the other smalller NHL stars are able to. His skills are undeniable and now his work ethic is obviously showing.

Glad to see one of our prized prospects bounce back in such a convincing way. He should be dominant in Chicago - I hope he produces at near PPG this season for them and get a couple call ups if injuries occur.

Also, if Manny is injured to start the season, I hope Jordan can show enough to earn the 3rd line center spot behind Cody (while Cody fills in for Kesler).

he was playing well on cody's wing before they both got injured last season (in fact that was his best stretch all last season), and his play style looks best suited to the wing. just because he played center in the prospects tourney and in 1 preseason game doesn't mean that's the only place he performs. i have a felling he'll be on cody's wing on thursday, or at some point this preseason

Plus he played a lot of wing in the WJC and I think his stats were maybe okay in that tournament?

I've been really impressed with Jordan so far. He's come out and said all the right things about how last season he wasn't ready at all, and that he realized that he needed to work harder to be successful at this level - and his play so far has backed up every word that came out of his mouth.

First he had a good two games at the Young Stars Tournament - it only took two games for the Canucks staff to confirm and realize that Schroeder has taken it to the next level and is competing every shift, backchecking, creating chances - a transformation into a 2-way player.

Second he had a good showing last night in a NHL pre-season game. Jordan looks extremely fast and while he is not overly physical due to his size, he seems to be able to skate away from hits like Patrick Kane and all the other smalller NHL stars are able to. His skills are undeniable and now his work ethic is obviously showing.

Glad to see one of our prized prospects bounce back in such a convincing way. He should be dominant in Chicago - I hope he produces at near PPG this season for them and get a couple call ups if injuries occur.

Also, if Manny is injured to start the season, I hope Jordan can show enough to earn the 3rd line center spot behind Cody (while Cody fills in for Kesler).

If Manny is out (which I think is doubtful? I'm too updated on the situation) that could be cool, OR having Schroeder & Cody playing together on an offensive line and Higgins moved to defensive 3rd line center a la:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Schroeder - Hodgson - Samuelsson

Sturm - Higgins - Hansen

____ - Lapierre - Nolan

Plus he played a lot of wing in the WJC and I think his stats were maybe okay in that tournament?

I remember watching him playing center. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he played center for Team USA.

If Manny is out (which I think is doubtful? I'm too updated on the situation) that could be cool, OR having Schroeder & Cody playing together on an offensive line and Higgins moved to defensive 3rd line center a la:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Schroeder - Hodgson - Samuelsson

Sturm - Higgins - Hansen

____ - Lapierre - Nolan

lol, dunno about you guys but i'm not confident in having Higgins play centre.

off topic: why does the term 'a la' get used so much around here? lol

Move Lapierre up.

And who plays 4th line center?

Do you sign Steve Begin to play just a month? We can't just terminate his contract unless he retires like Schaefer and we're already close to the limit.

The only way to do it is to put Sedin - Hodgson - Schroeder - Lapierre down the center, which was the other suggestion.

And who plays 4th line center?

Do you sign Steve Begin to play just a month? We can't just terminate his contract unless he retires like Schaefer and we're already close to the limit.

The only way to do it is to put Sedin - Hodgson - Schroeder - Lapierre down the center, which was the other suggestion.

Ebbett isn't a fourth line player, but like you said, we only need someone to fill that role for about a month. If that doesn't suffice, call up someone from the AHL.

I would much rather have Schroeder play centre much rather than Higgins.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Sturm-Hodgson-Samuelsson

Hansen-Schroeder-Higgins

Bitz-Lapierre-Pinizzotto (imo, Pin would make a solid fourth liner on our team)

Archived