The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like schreoder is playing with confidence, I hope Thats true. I really want him to go on a huge run.

He needs to go on a huge tear to make up for the slow start for sure.

it looks like he's finally playing with another skilled finesse player in Rodin on his line. Hopefully MacT keeps these two together for the stretch run. I'd like to see them play Rodin - Schroeder - Mancari.

He needs to go on a huge tear to make up for the slow start for sure.

it looks like he's finally playing with another skilled finesse player in Rodin on his line. Hopefully MacT keeps these two together for the stretch run. I'd like to see them play Rodin - Schroeder - Mancari.

I like that line up.

Do you know if that line-up has played before?

It has everything you need, grit, speed, good shots, with loads of skill.

I have no doubt Rodin will help Schroeder and vise versa, expect them to pick up the numbers once chemistry has formed some more. I hope his second half shows us that he's progressing well.

i think where schroeder has really progressed is his awareness on the ice, ive watched 3 or 4 wolves games this year and his poise with and without the puck is much improved. I wonder if he will be the real playmaking winger we are all looking for next year for kes and booth.

i think where schroeder has really progressed is his awareness on the ice, ive watched 3 or 4 wolves games this year and his poise with and without the puck is much improved. I wonder if he will be the real playmaking winger we are all looking for next year for kes and booth.

He's a natural centerman, and people are saying he looks more Uncomfertable than hodgson on the wing. So he would be second to coho in the regards.

He's a natural centerman, and people are saying he looks more Uncomfertable than hodgson on the wing. So he would be second to coho in the regards.

problem with that is, he is one of the best players on the team, when he was shifted to the wing his centreman wasnt exactly wayne gretzky. When he played with cody for the few games they wernt both hurt last year they put up some decent numbers. For schroeder they were expecting him to forecheck and get pucks in the corner on dump-ins you dont see pat kane getting too many of those in chicago. With a hard forechecking tandem in booth and kesler schroeder wouldnt have to be that 1A forward on the forecheck.

However you may be 100% right i havent watched him enough at wing (at all really) to be able to see how he played, I was just playing devils advocate ;)

2G, 3A, team worst -8 in 13 games. Not having a great year. Hopefully he turns it around soon.

Pretty sure he's playing with a bunch of plugs last time I checked.

From everything I've seen he's been all over the ice making plays, his linemates just can't convert. It's the reason why the Wolves are one of the lowest scoring teams in the AHL. Not sure if MacT knows how to coach offense...

2G, 3A, team worst -8 in 13 games. Not having a great year. Hopefully he turns it around soon.

Wolves moved him to the wing so that's why he may have been struggling. Mancari's been playing at centre... yeah. Don't know why though.

Also, playing with Baumgartner and Connauton can't be that good for your +/- either. From all accounts he has been playing well at both ends and working hard but he has been unlucky and just not getting the bounces. The points should come if he keeps it up.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you guys even watching the Wolves games? I have watched maybe 80% of them and Schroeder has been a non factor in almost all of them. He's been getting his chance playing with talented players, but he just doesn't look like the player we saw in the preseason.

However, I do understand your need to stay positive, and I do hope he turns things around.

This is getting a little worrisome. Jordan is our only center prospect with a winning pedigree after Hodgson. Not that we need one any time soon, but it's never too bad to have good depth down the middle.

His struggles are unreal right now...I hope MacTavish knows what he's doing...He needs to do his best to try and break Schroeder out of this funk.

Archived