The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How I Met Your Mother

Apricot

I still don't like Barney and Robin as a couple...but at least tonight's episode was decent. A lot of them recently have been pretty boring.

The best scene from this season for me though has been the one where all the Skittles fall out of Marshall's pockets at the Art Gallery. I lol'ed pretty hard there.

I still don't like Barney and Robin as a couple...but at least tonight's episode was decent. A lot of them recently have been pretty boring.

The best scene from this season for me though has been the one where all the Skittles fall out of Marshall's pockets at the Art Gallery. I lol'ed pretty hard there.

The part where the imaginary told Ted he was all alone in the 20 years from now episode was pretty depressing, that episode was probably the best for me in the series thus far

Which first episode do you mean? Or was that supposed to be "episode first" ?

Maybe he started watching recently but never seen the older episodes?

But in any case, I agree. I hope that last scene was merely a friend being there for a friend moment, and nothing more. I will go nuts if they go down that road again. That episode was kind of weak, not sure if it was meant to be some kind of two-parter with next week's episode or something. Seemed to be setting up something since I thought Barney or her dad would appear with the locket. Blah. Hopefully the finale next week will be good.

Anyone think the writers were trying to reference the rain dance episode where Ted "got it to rain" for Robin, and this was a sign? I don't think anything is obviously going to happen there lol, I just thought at the end when Robin places her hand on Ted's it was symbolizing something.

I thought it was a rather bland episode though. Just seems like they're waiting to push the season finale.

So stoked to hopefully meet the mother next monday!

Does anybody think that they'll go right to where he's about to talk to the mother and it'll end there until next season? Like, the wedding is the finale and next season's premiere as well and that's when we'll find out?

Which first episode do you mean? Or was that supposed to be "episode first" ?

The first episode where they reveal that it's Aunt Robin, because it always seems to come back to Ted & Robin. My friends who haven't seen that episode think that Robin & Ted could still happen.

Well they finally showed us the mother. Is she what you expected?

From looks alone, yes, it's what I expected.

SPOILER IN THE BOX:

For Ted, it's probably not, but it's gotta be something much more than appearances alone that would make him stop the Chicago move.

I'm stoked for season 9. Kind of hoping Lyndsy Fonseca and David Henrie make guest appearances, but they probably have other acting commitments.

Well they finally showed us the mother. Is she what you expected?

Did they though?

I would think so, but half the people online are speaking idiotically and saying it isn't because she's wearing heels and is wearing a different outfit. However:

The woman they used when Ted saw her in this season's premiere (Farhampton), she was wearing heels and a coat, and was carrying her guitar case and a tiny little bag.

In the finale, she was wearing the outfit under the coat (which she had slinged under her arm with her bag), it's assumable that the heels were in the bag as that's the only difference (room for the boots after the wedding), and she still had the guitar case and yellow umbrella.

It has to be her.

I wish the finale ended a little closer to the wedding, although they did end it well with everybody departing on route to the wedding so I guess it's good enough for me.

Can't wait for next season!!

Wow... so, now we know. Sort of. I'm guessing season 9 will be them dating and wedding planning, and series finale will be their wedding.

From what I have read on the net they want to make season 9 unique so that it distinguishes itself from every other season and is easily recognizable. Carter bays admitted this in an interview

There are 2 interesting speculations on what season 9 may entail

The first is a 24 style season where each episode in season 9 is a portion of the wedding

Or another is that each episode involves the eventual mother but she doesnt interact with ted until the end

Either way I wouldnt expect the mother to interact with Ted until the end

Who was that "mother"? I didn't expect that. As much as I know that Robin wasn't gonna be it, I've been really wanting Ted and Robin to be together. I'm still not settled with this Robin and Barney thing, even Barney and Lily look better together.

P.S. good job on keeping this forum alive for four years!

Archived