873 replies to this topic

#631 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,543 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:52 AM

seriously, not only was she reading a map WHILE DRIVING but she hit a walker and proceeded to panic and crash the car, when there was no way the impact would have caused her to crash. she could have just kept going and would have been fine, instead she swerves off the road and rolls the car... I guess the writers needed to end the pregnancy one way or another, so they could get them off that damn farm already.

#632 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

I have to say that Rick's gunfight was dirty-harry-ish, as the man can draw. I like the way they did that scene.

#633 CanuckNut4Life

CanuckNut4Life

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

Good episode to get things going for the rest of season 2.

#634 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,543 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

awesome episode, and rick's the man. I particularly like how he dispatched the 2 broad street bullies.

Edited by avelanch, 13 February 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#635 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

I think they should hire Stephen King to write some episodes.

bloody boring with only the occasional twist for the last year or so.

Edited by hudson bay rules, 13 February 2012 - 03:00 PM.

I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#636 Upshall18

Upshall18

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

Was pretty boring until the last 5 minutes of the episode last night. Ended up fast forwarding through most of the episode

#637 smith80

smith80

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:27 AM

Well, I am a few days late (I had this episode PVR'd), but, I just wanted to say that this show has absolutely lost me. I posted in the other Walking Dead thread that I wanted to love this show, which has kept me coming back over and over, but, I am done with it now for sure. The acting in this show is awful.

I watch a LOT of TV and movies and would be hard pressed to think of many "successful" shows with worse acting. It would be okay, if the writing was half decent, but, it is not. The plot is boring and unnecessarily drawn out. I will not be back. It's a shame. This show had all kinds of potential early on.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#638 silverpig

silverpig

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:28 AM

95% nothing, 4% dumbass wife, 1% cool ending
Moo

#639 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,328 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

I think they should hire Stephen King to write some episodes.

bloody boring with only the occasional twist for the last year or so.

... and why did you suggest Stephen King?
Posted Image

#640 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,775 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

I actually loved Season 1 but I still haven't had a chance to watch season 2 beyond the first episode, which was pretty good.

Looking at some of the commentary here; is it even worth it to watch the rest and what do you feel are the chances it comes back for a 3rd season?

EDIT: looks like it's been picked up for a 3rd season that will contain 16 episodes...so I guess I will have to watch!

Edited by DarthNinja_S19Blade, 15 February 2012 - 04:41 PM.

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#641 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

Had this PVR'ed so I just watched it, this show continues to frustrate me.

"Rick, can you go into town and bring Herschel back?"

"Sure."

10 minutes later:

"OMG we need to go get Rick, Glen and Herschel!!"

Why are so many people on this show so stupid? And why do the writers continue to write it this way? In a real survival situation people like this would have died almost immediately. I hope she is dead so I don't have to put up with her anymore.

95% nothing, 4% dumbass wife, 1% cool ending

This.

#642 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

Had this PVR'ed so I just watched it, this show continues to frustrate me.

"Rick, can you go into town and bring Herschel back?"

"Sure."

10 minutes later:

"OMG we need to go get Rick, Glen and Herschel!!"

Why are so many people on this show so stupid? And why do the writers continue to write it this way? In a real survival situation people like this would have died almost immediately. I hope she is dead so I don't have to put up with her anymore.

This.

Bahaha.
If you like the premise, but hate the show, get the comic. It's cheap on amazon and it totally blows this out of the water.
Characters are likeable, not annoying.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#643 AL Nite Long

AL Nite Long

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

POPULAR

Another great episode. I really hate people saying that this is BORING.

This is not a movie like the remake of Dawn of the Dead. It is a drama. If every episode was pure ation then the whole show would get stale...cause it wouldn't shock anymore.

This show is a drama with charater development. So when a certain charater dies..It is a shock.

I love waiting every week to find out what happens next. I'm sure a lot of "haters" are just pissed because they want the whole group to travel state to state and check out what happened to every single city. But if you where in this situation..would you really want to venture out when you found a safe haven?

It is a great show. I feel sorry for people who have to watch csi or ncis..tHat is crap

Posted Image

#644 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

I dislike it because the characters are predictable annoying and one dimensional.
Each character can be summarised by a basic trait..
Lori, whiny
Rick, helpless leader
Shane psycho irrational hothead
Black dude, invisible
Carol cries a bunch
Dale helpless team glue
No development, characters are annoying. Thankfully I read the comic and a pleasant surprise happens if the show keeps following the comics major points.

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#645 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

I dislike it because the characters are predictable annoying and one dimensional.
Each character can be summarised by a basic trait..
Lori, whiny
Rick, helpless leader
Shane psycho irrational hothead
Black dude, invisible
Carol cries a bunch
Dale helpless team glue
No development, characters are annoying. Thankfully I read the comic and a pleasant surprise happens if the show keeps following the comics major points.

Do you like, know any people? I think everybody knows a person who is just a whiner and that sums them up entirely, or a total hothead that freaks at anything... You think it's unrealistic that carol, a woman who was abused by her husband before he was killed, and then went through the torture of trying to cling to hope that her missing daughter would be found alive, cries a lot? That is massive emotional trauma, it would be entirely unrealistic if she didn't act how she does. A leader who struggles about doing the right thing is pretty dead on for someone who was highly ethical as a lawman and struggles about how to try and keep his morals in a world they don't necessarily belong in - but if he lets those morals go, is he better than the scummy survivors who leave their own to die?

It is a drama and it's a good one.

Edited by Jester@wraiths.ca, 20 February 2012 - 05:53 PM.

#646 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,814 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

Holy zombie Jesus, last night's episode was good. At last something is actually happening.

#647 Slender Man

Slender Man

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

Rick Vs Shane

Rick throws a hook

Shane counters with a devastating headbutt!

Down goes Rick

Posted Image

~ FREE iE. ~

#648 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

Do you like, know any people? I think everybody knows a person who is just a whiner and that sums them up entirely, or a total hothead that freaks at anything... You think it's unrealistic that carol, a woman who was abused by her husband before he was killed, and then went through the torture of trying to cling to hope that her missing daughter would be found alive, cries a lot? That is massive emotional trauma, it would be entirely unrealistic if she didn't act how she does. A leader who struggles about doing the right thing is pretty dead on for someone who was highly ethical as a lawman and struggles about how to try and keep his morals in a world they don't necessarily belong in - but if he lets those morals go, is he better than the scummy survivors who leave their own to die?

It is a drama and it's a good one.

Well, in the comic Sophia doesn't die.
They should have kept it like that, because the whole storyline was awful, and boring, and now we have to suffer watching Carol be miserable. Yeah she's showing "realistic" emotions, but christ is it ever boring to watch.
And her husband also didn't abuse her in the comic, something the show could have gone without.
The show depends on ridiculous sub plots that are based on self inflicted conflict that's so irritating and frustrating because, they've all got bigger issues on their hands.
I'm tired of Maggie crying to Glen about love, and Lori crying because she's a retard for cheating on Rick, and Shane should be dead already, he's so god damn irritating. Andrea's retarded too. Like, hey, can you stop being a dumb bitch for like 5 minutes dude? Dale's like, "hey, Andrea, I've got a good idea", and andrea's like "OH NO YOU DIDN'T IM GONNA DO THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE TIMES A BILLION" then she shoots someone. Meanwhile me and my girlfriend are like, is this a repeat? Wasn't she an idiot in the last episode?
The characters aren't likable. They're annoying.
It isn't a good drama, breaking bad's a good drama.
Hell, weeds was a better drama. I don't watch many dramas, so there isn't much competition really, I just know either the budget is totally killing this show, or the writers are total morons.
And the zombie encounters are so infrequent it doesn't even pass as being a zombie show. So it's just a mediocre soap opera.
I just know if the world went to crap, I'd have no problem with eliminating people who were beating on visible minorities in my group, or trying to constantly take control of my group in a really piss poor way, while knowing they had sex with my wife, and having this annoying love obsession with her.
Like, dude, Rick, grow a pair man?

Oh, PS, the most recent episode was entertaining, (minus maggie being all wah wah to glen) and I continue to watch because I know how wicked the comic is so I'm hoping for the show to eventually pick up. The next episode looks like it has potential.
And to each their own, I'm not saying you're wrong, or I'm right, I'm saying this is how I feel about it.

Edited by Stefan, 20 February 2012 - 08:02 PM.

#649 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

Everything a normal person would do in Zombie times they do the complete opposite.

Hey let's shoot 3 people and then help out this one dude cause I don't want to feel bad about leaving him behind!
CDC is a reflection of society.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#650 Sick Hands

Sick Hands

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

Well, in the comic Sophia doesn't die. They should have kept it like that, because the whole storyline was awful, and boring, and now we have to suffer watching Carol be miserable. Yeah she's showing "realistic" emotions, but christ is it ever boring to watch. And her husband also didn't abuse her in the comic, something the show could have gone without. The show depends on ridiculous sub plots that are based on self inflicted conflict that's so irritating and frustrating because, they've all got bigger issues on their hands. I'm tired of Maggie crying to Glen about love, and Lori crying because she's a retard for cheating on Rick, and Shane should be dead already, he's so god damn irritating. Andrea's retarded too. Like, hey, can you stop being a dumb bitch for like 5 minutes dude? Dale's like, "hey, Andrea, I've got a good idea", and andrea's like "OH NO YOU DIDN'T IM GONNA DO THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE TIMES A BILLION" then she shoots someone. Meanwhile me and my girlfriend are like, is this a repeat? Wasn't she an idiot in the last episode? The characters aren't likable. They're annoying. It isn't a good drama, breaking bad's a good drama. Hell, weeds was a better drama. I don't watch many dramas, so there isn't much competition really, I just know either the budget is totally killing this show, or the writers are total morons. And the zombie encounters are so infrequent it doesn't even pass as being a zombie show. So it's just a mediocre soap opera. I just know if the world went to crap, I'd have no problem with eliminating people who were beating on visible minorities in my group, or trying to constantly take control of my group in a really piss poor way, while knowing they had sex with my wife, and having this annoying love obsession with her. Like, dude, Rick, grow a pair man? Oh, PS, the most recent episode was entertaining, (minus maggie being all wah wah to glen) and I continue to watch because I know how wicked the comic is so I'm hoping for the show to eventually pick up. The next episode looks like it has potential. And to each their own, I'm not saying you're wrong, or I'm right, I'm saying this is how I feel about it.

Bahaha, completely agree with that part. I hate her the most. She doesn't even seem like a realistic personality. Something about her just seems so fake, hope Ms. Horseface gets offed soon.

Shane is too over the top and even if hes portrayed as a "hothead", theres no way someone can be raging at full force 24/7 without a break.

Darryl Dixon has decended into a useless role now, and his annoying way of talking is really irking me. In S.1 he was a character with potential, but the whole drawn out Sophia saga has really made his personality/voice unbearable.

Dale, one of the only characters who can act his role. Although boring and creepy, he seems geniune to me. Red from Red Green Show anyone????

End rant. Overall I think its too early to tell whether the show is a dud, give it till half way through the third season before I hang up the remote for good.

A Toast to Aquillini for getting Torterella.

An owner who knows what the people want.

That's entertainment.

#651 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

Everything a normal person would do in Zombie times they do the complete opposite.

Hey let's shoot 3 people and then help out this one dude cause I don't want to feel bad about leaving him behind!

Apparently.
Wouldn't have been a tough decision for me to just shoot the kid in the head and drive off.
Why burden yourself with that crap? There's zombies everywhere, your life is literally on the line for this dude who just tried to kill you.
Mercy kill him and take off... But noooooooooo, it makes for a plottttttttttt in the next episodeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
How about real plotlines?
How about they go looking for food, or hunting or something, and crap goes down with zombies? And yeah I know Carl shane and rick went at one point and carl got shot, but go do it again. A few people go to town, they get held up, send a rescue group, group gets split up, some turmoil caused by zombies, not about how Maggie's on her rag, or some racist angry white dude who's angrier because a black guy's in his presence than the fact millions of zombies want to eat his brains.

#652 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:24 AM

Apparently.
Wouldn't have been a tough decision for me to just shoot the kid in the head and drive off.

If it wouldn't be a tough decision, you'd be a sociopath. It is very very easy to say "oh, I'd just shoot the helpless human being in the head and go on my merry way" but it is an entirely different thing to face that. Plenty of people in the armed forces, trained to kill, wouldn't be so callous, and plenty have suffered lasting trauma because of what they had to do in war.

It's hilarious how everyone is a stone cold killer with no problems doing anything, and no feelings of doubt or remorse for their actions, when they're talking about it online. Yet most people when confronted with even a halfway dangerous situation, or a chance to stand up and take action when needed, fail to do anything. Online everyone is Rambo in their own mind, but reality is different.

#653 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,814 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

If it wouldn't be a tough decision, you'd be a sociopath. It is very very easy to say "oh, I'd just shoot the helpless human being in the head and go on my merry way" but it is an entirely different thing to face that. Plenty of people in the armed forces, trained to kill, wouldn't be so callous, and plenty have suffered lasting trauma because of what they had to do in war.

It's hilarious how everyone is a stone cold killer with no problems doing anything, and no feelings of doubt or remorse for their actions, when they're talking about it online. Yet most people when confronted with even a halfway dangerous situation, or a chance to stand up and take action when needed, fail to do anything. Online everyone is Rambo in their own mind, but reality is different.

Completely agree with this.

#654 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

If it wouldn't be a tough decision, you'd be a sociopath. It is very very easy to say "oh, I'd just shoot the helpless human being in the head and go on my merry way" but it is an entirely different thing to face that. Plenty of people in the armed forces, trained to kill, wouldn't be so callous, and plenty have suffered lasting trauma because of what they had to do in war. It's hilarious how everyone is a stone cold killer with no problems doing anything, and no feelings of doubt or remorse for their actions, when they're talking about it online. Yet most people when confronted with even a halfway dangerous situation, or a chance to stand up and take action when needed, fail to do anything. Online everyone is Rambo in their own mind, but reality is different.

No you wouldn't be a sociopath, in that specific case their life was in danger and he couldn't be helped and is attracting walkers oh not to mention he tried to shot them mere moments before.

I don't know if I would have shot him but I would have left him.

Who said anything about stone cold killers and no feelings of doubt or remorse?
Everyday would be a struggle to survive and you would be forced to make decisions that would weigh heavily on ones mind and probably change them as a person.
But you'd be alive.

I have taken action when needed, I've put myself in harms way to help someone else out.
Sure not everyone would do this but that doesn't mean there are people out there that won't or haven't.
CDC is a reflection of society.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#655 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

This season is awful, the characters all ring false, and none of them are the least bit likeable.

Also, the inconsistencies are infurating. Sometimes the zombies are ultra-strong biting machines that will bite through metal and glass to get at you, other times they just sit and gnaw at your boots when you're unconscious next to the river.

And please, please please, make with the occasional joke. In the real world, even in the most dire of circumstances, there is a little comic relief. Would it have been so hard to write in one funny or lighthearted scene over the course of the last 2 episodes?

Horrible direction this show took after such a promising first season.

#656 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

No you wouldn't be a sociopath, in that specific case their life was in danger and he couldn't be helped and is attracting walkers oh not to mention he tried to shot them mere moments before.

I don't know if I would have shot him but I would have left him.

Who said anything about stone cold killers and no feelings of doubt or remorse?
Everyday would be a struggle to survive and you would be forced to make decisions that would weigh heavily on ones mind and probably change them as a person.
But you'd be alive.

I have taken action when needed, I've put myself in harms way to help someone else out.
Sure not everyone would do this but that doesn't mean there are people out there that won't or haven't.

bull.

It is a very very rare human being that can detach themselves from humanity that simply to just kill a human being so easily.

On the internet, everyone says they could do this or they could do that, yet the reality of humanity is that it isn't true. Those that actually can and do act, don't generally do so without it being a difficult consideration.

Groups of people stand by and watch others beaten and killed more often than a single person stands up and takes action.

Many soldiers suffer trauma from having had to decide to kill a person, and those are people who were trained to do that. Not some guy in his parents basement that thinks if the crap got serious he'd be able to handle every single thing with no problem.

internet mentality is strong.

A person who can look a suffering and helpless human being in the eye, enemy or not, and without any difficulty at all, decide to kill them, isn't behaving the way normal humans do.

Edited by Jester@wraiths.ca, 26 February 2012 - 08:54 PM.

#657 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:50 PM

Well, I wouldn't take option F and stand there and shoot at the hordes upon hordes of zombies coming, and that isn't an internet mentality.
When things are going down that rough, it wouldn't be a tough decision to bail considering how many zombie situations they've already been in.
At any rate, the most recent episode was barely passable.
Started out great, good action, lots of tension... The hole suicide plot was laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. I understand the girls upset, but it's boring. Just because things like this happen in real life doesn't mean it should happen in this show.
Was hoping Shane would have died. Then got frustrated when Rick drove off. Then he came back and got him and I realised the only thing that changed from the beginning of this episode to the end was that Andrea was a complete moron, and somehow made me dislike her even more.
So if this episode never happened, or I skipped it, I wouldn't have missed a single thing.

#658 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

When things are going down that rough, it wouldn't be a tough decision to bail considering how many zombie situations they've already been in.

Again, I disagree. I'm willing to bet that soldiers in combat for longer than these people have been facing zombies, still feel making a kill of a helpless human being is a tough decision. I was surprised that using brute force to get his leg off the spike wasn't a thought sooner, knowing that zombies are nearby. Yeah it will cause the guy a world of pain, but it's less cruel that killing him or leaving him to be eaten. Killing him or leaving him would be my last choices, not my first.

Like any situation which is outside the norm of what people generally experience, but see in TV and movies all the time, in reality, everyday people don't react like movie heroes and the killing you see on TV doesn't come so easy even in dangerous situations. we're desensitized by what we see and think it's how we are, until confronted with a real situation that tests your courage, ethics, or ability to make the tough choice.

But I don't expect reality to interfere with the internet mentality which is prevalent here.

#659 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:23 AM

^^People kill helpless human beings all the time in this world without hesitation...just read the news

Edited by PabloEscobar, 27 February 2012 - 03:24 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#660 CanuckNut4Life

CanuckNut4Life

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:49 AM

^^People kill helpless human beings all the time in this world without hesitation...just read the news

Sure. But if you look at the population of BC which is 4,419,974 (estimate) and the amount of homicides in Vancouver from 2009-2012 ( http://www.cbc.ca/bc...micide/map.html ) its not a high percentage.

Assuming you have morals and grow up in a decent society, your not just gonna be able to start killing people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.