The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

------ Official Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread ------

winter

I'm not sure if I've said this before, but many of the crappy maps in this game could be just fine if they were to cut off chunks of the map that serve no purpose. Like the beach on Crisis... that serves NO PURPOSE whatsoever. Nothing tactical, nothing. advantageous. It's just a pain to go over there and be killed by someone hiding behind a rock that you can't even see. Same goes for Array eve though I enjoy the map. if they cut off most of the area behind the big satellite dish, it would be a lot better imo.

The big maps have never been popular in any COD game, but I'm not sure if the devs realize this. I don't really know many people who had Derail or Fuel as their favourite maps... I'd have a hard time finding people who actually like those maps. I think the game is at its best on the middle to smaller sized maps. Fast paced, lots of kills... it's what makes people come back to the COD franchise.

But seriously, the useless gigantic chunks in some of the maps is just ridiculous.

I'm not sure if I've said this before, but many of the crappy maps in this game could be just fine if they were to cut off chunks of the map that serve no purpose. Like the beach on Crisis... that serves NO PURPOSE whatsoever. Nothing tactical, nothing. advantageous. It's just a pain to go over there and be killed by someone hiding behind a rock that you can't even see. Same goes for Array eve though I enjoy the map. if they cut off most of the area behind the big satellite dish, it would be a lot better imo.

The big maps have never been popular in any COD game, but I'm not sure if the devs realize this. I don't really know many people who had Derail or Fuel as their favourite maps... I'd have a hard time finding people who actually like those maps. I think the game is at its best on the middle to smaller sized maps. Fast paced, lots of kills... it's what makes people come back to the COD franchise.

But seriously, the useless gigantic chunks in some of the maps is just ridiculous.

Unless we're talking about different bits of the map... isn't the array part good for those players who like to sit around sniping? They've gotta have at least one or two maps to cater to that obnoxious group of players.

Couldn't agree more with Crisis though. I don't even play that map anymore. I just leave the lobby

Man I haven't played this game in over a week now. GT5 won me over, and even I finished GT5....I still don't feel like playing Black Ops. This game doesn't have that "itch" that MW2 had.

I feel it's the maps like the poster above said. A lot of them are different, but seem to mostly look the same.

Man I haven't played this game in over a week now. GT5 won me over, and even I finished GT5....I still don't feel like playing Black Ops. This game doesn't have that "itch" that MW2 had.

I feel it's the maps like the poster above said. A lot of them are different, but seem to mostly look the same.

Archived