The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mason Raymond...how much to re-sign?

ratattack

He played pretty decent in the playoffs. Sure he made that boneheaded play vs Kopitar but what about Edler? Hamhuis? Kesler?

I feel as though a lot of people's judgement on this guy is seriously hampered because he looks more useless than he is (falling). CDC is a dumb place and the way you look garners more hate than what you do, because that means Booth, Kesler, Burrows, Higgins and Lapierre should all be getting bashed.

At this point I am indifferent. He's not a liability and is certainly a good bottom-6 forward. But if he leaves I won't be disappointed either.

He played pretty decent in the playoffs. Sure he made that boneheaded play vs Kopitar but what about Edler? Hamhuis? Kesler?

I feel as though a lot of people's judgement on this guy is seriously hampered because he looks more useless than he is (falling). CDC is a dumb place and the way you look garners more hate than what you do, because that means Booth, Kesler, Burrows, Higgins and Lapierre should all be getting bashed.

At this point I am indifferent. He's not a liability and is certainly a good bottom-6 forward. But if he leaves I won't be disappointed either.

Falling down and losing the puck in the offense zone constitutes as a liability. Furthermore, he fell down on his own behind the net and no one was anywhere near him.

He's really not worth 2.5 for the Canucks and IMO, shouldn't be re-signed.

Trade Mason Raymond for Derek McKenzie, and you save at least 1 million dollars and have a tougher bottom-six forward that can PK just as good.

Oh really? Why? Because it kills the offensive pressure?

What about Kesler coming in and taking a useless shot from the blue line or Booth trying to pull a Bure by himself? Those plays don't generate anything either. If Raymond falling creates a problem that is unique to him, then you may have reason to dump him. But as of now that's not enough.

MayRay needs to go'way and stay'way. I wonder if he's even sharpened his skates at all this season. If there were an award for most falls in a season, he'd have won it AND set a new league record. The man is NOT NHL calibre. One good season here.... that's it.

Archived