The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] Playoff Indicator Chart 2011

cleowin

I'm another of those that rarely posts but appreciate all the work done on this thread. i check it every morning and it keeps me interested in whats going on around the NHL. I love watching a philly OT loss and coming on here just to see that number drop by .5

Great Work! you are appreciated!

Tuesday, March 23rd, 2011:

Magic Number Charts have been updated!

TBL and MTL dropped 1 Point!

PHI dropped 0.5 Points!

7-1-1 Record needed to clinch President's Trophy!

My Honest Feelings towards this board:

As of tonight, I am no longer going to prioritize this chart so it may not be updated till 3 or 4 in the morning on certain days or it might not be updated at all just because of the lack of respect on this board. I spend countless hours watching the NHL to get these charts updated before 12 AM hits so from now on, I am updating when I feel like it. It could be updated before 12 AM, or I could not update it for the rest of the season. It really depends on how I feel so be lucky I even updated this chart tonight. Just so you all know, This may be my 2nd and final season of Magic Chart updates. Sorry to break it to you all, but I am not being paid to do this and its more of a privilege to the ones who actually appreciate what I do for all of you men and ladies. So if you have a problem with anything, blame the haters because I will not put up with it.

Thank you all and have a good night.

Shaelon, I am truly sorry that the minority who don't understand the magic number in this thread have ruined the experience for you. I sincerely hope that you can see through the idiots on this board and feel the appreciation that everyone else has for you.

I'll be waiting eagerly to see if you take the time to to another one next year where, hopefully, the trolls and haters won't even post.

PHI dropped 0.5 Points!

As of tonight, I am no longer going to prioritize this chart so it may not be updated till 3 or 4 in the morning on certain days or it might not be updated at all just because of the lack of respect on this board. I spend countless hours watching the NHL to get these charts updated before 12 AM hits so from now on, I am updating when I feel like it. It could be updated before 12 AM, or I could not update it for the rest of the season. It really depends on how I feel so be lucky I even updated this chart tonight. Just so you all know, This may be my 2nd and final season of Magic Chart updates. Sorry to break it to you all, but I am not being paid to do this and its more of a privilege to the ones who actually appreciate what I do for all of you men and ladies. So if you have a problem with anything, blame the haters because I will not put up with it.

Shaelon,

First off, my apologies for not referencing your fine work here in my post "Presidents Trophy Magic Number". Upon first glance at your chart, i was thinking it was a playoff qualifying chart...which at one point it was...and that had me confused when looking at it (my bad). I came up with the Magic Number (which is the same as yours) with my own quick calculation. Your description and formula are perfect as is your chart now that I read it right. It must be a lot of work to do that every night and seemingly unrewarding when those who don't grasp the concept post negatively. I think you probably have many silent followers who get what you are throwing down but don't post. Until last night night I read the CDC board every day appreciating the quality threads, like yours, without ever responding. Of course, there is also certain entertainment in the bad posts but only guilty pleasures like watching car crashes or Jersey Shore.

Might I suggest a slight change in focus. It might take more work editing your original post and the title for the thread. Feel free to use my title "Presidents Trophy Magic Number". At this point it might help you rediscover your passion for the commitment of the work you have already put in. The update might help new readers of the Magic Numbers chart to comprehend whats going on.

I remember in the past following the magic numbers at this time of year. It was usually still a question of what we needed to get a playoff berth. Aren't we blessed this year to not be in that position. At the same time with a comfortable chair at the top of the heap we can't become complacent. Gotta stay focused. That means new outlook and new goals.

Keep up the good work. It is appreciated.

PHI dropped 0.5 Points!

I don't post often. In fact close to never is more accurate. I haven't posted a thing since Matt Cooke played for his team(I believe it was in defense of him, how the times have changed.) But saying all that I do come on to CDC to read other fans opinions and ideas and the one post that I have checked everyday for the entire season is this one. I appreciate so much the extra time and effort that you put into this and helping the entire Canucks community. Without this blog I would be struggling over sheets of paper trying to do the math myself. I fully understand if you don't feel up to doing this again next year but it is important for you to know how much it has benefited everyone who uses your thread/hard work to make themselves sound smarter at work. Thank you again.

Thabk you all for supporting me and my work. I just got frustrated from all the negative comments and i wanted to get it out of my system. I am not going to let you all down because i like seeing the numbers on the chart as well go down and it feels good to be a pinned topic on this board

Great to hear!

And next time, don't run from the Trolls. I think this thread showed your supporters outnumber the trolls by a large margin, and even managed to lash him so bad, he converted and apologized!

Looking forward to a couple of eliminations tonight! Nashville, Montreal and one of Dallas or Anaheim.

Thabk you all for supporting me and my work. I just got frustrated from all the negative comments and i wanted to get it out of my system. I am not going to let you all down because i like seeing the numbers on the chart as well go down and it feels good to be a pinned topic on this board

I'm the one that pinned this thread, that's about as much support as I can give ;)

Great to hear!

And next time, don't run from the Trolls. I think this thread showed your supporters outnumber the trolls by a large margin, and even managed to lash him so bad, he converted and apologized!

Looking forward to a couple of eliminations tonight! Nashville, Montreal and one of Dallas or Anaheim.

I'll add in my thanks as well. Been checking this thread almost daily to keep an eye on how we are looking for the WC and the Presidents trophy. I remember people questioning why it was started so early this season but I think it's actually added a lot of value to the thread.

Haven't posted in probably 8 years, if I ever have at all. Just wanted to say that I check this thread 3-4 times a day and wanted to give my thanks to the OP.

Just read that there's some guys putting you down. Pay them no mind, this thread is amazing and by far the most popular this year.

Thanks Shaelon.

Archived