#122 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,913 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Sri Lanka beat Pakistan today. :P

So the winner of Australia vs West Indies will vs. Lanka in the finals.

Should be a good one tomorrow morning. Starts at 6:30 I believe.

307mg00.jpg

#123 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,913 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:12 AM

Holy smokes West Indies just made 205 runs! Damn Australia needs 206 to win from 20 overs. All thanks to Chris Gayle, a lot of sixes and fours.

Edited by -Vintage Canuck-, 05 October 2012 - 08:12 AM.

307mg00.jpg

#124 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,913 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Wow, unsurprisingly West Indies did win by 74 RUNS!

Sri Lanka and West Indies make it into the finals. The game is on Sunday.

307mg00.jpg

#125 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,913 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

Yay I woke up to watch the entire game!

Game is at 6:30.

307mg00.jpg

#126 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,913 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

West Indies are the World T20 Champions!!!

Wow, at first I thought West Indies would lose this one. First wicket for the West Indies was key.

307mg00.jpg

#127 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,680 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

No worries, mon!
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

#128 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,913 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Indian batting legend Sachin Tendulkar announces retirement from the one day format of the game:

Sachin Tendulkar has retired from ODI cricket. Tendulkar finishes an illustrious career in the 50-over format, having played 463 ODIs, scored 18,426 runs and made 49 centuries, each of them a world record. His last ODI was against Pakistan in Dhaka during the Asia Cup, where he made a half-century in India's victory.

"I have decided to retire from the One Day format of the game," he said in a statement. "I feel blessed to have fulfilled the dream of being part of a World Cup winning Indian team. The preparatory process to defend the World Cup in 2015 should begin early and in right earnest. I would like to wish the team all the very best for the future. I am eternally grateful to all my well wishers for their unconditional support and love over the years."

Tendulkar made his ODI debut on his first international tour, in 1989, against Pakistan in Gujranwala, where he got a duck. He scored his first half-century in his ninth ODI and made an immediate impact when promoted to open the batting in 1994, in an ODI against New Zealand in Auckland, where he smashed 82 in 49 balls. His first century took 79 ODIs to arrive but he kept piling them on with remarkable consistency. (Click here to see Tendulkar's cumulative ODI record.)

Some of the batting highlights in his ODI career include back-to-back hundreds against Australia in 1998 in a triangular tournament in Sharjah, finishing as the highest run-getter in the 2003 World Cup in South Africa, and becoming the first batsman to score a double-century in the ODI format, against South Africa in February 2010.

He was part of one of India's greatest ODI achievements over the last three decades, when they won the World Cup in 2011, beating Sri Lanka in the final on his home ground in Mumbai - it was his last ODI in India. In preparation for that World Cup, Tendulkar had curtailed the amount of ODI cricket in the year playing only four ODIs in the 12 months before the tournament. Since the end of the World Cup, Tendulkar has played 10 ODIs, seven in the CB Series against Australia and the last three of his career being played at the Asia Cup in Dhaka. His innings of 114 against Bangladesh on March 16 was his 100th international hundred in what turned out to be Tendulkar's penultimate ODI match for India.

Tendulkar's announcement of his ODI retirement came through a statement from the BCCI which stated that he had spoken to BCCI president N Srinivasan. His retirement was announced on the day the Indian selectors picked the teams to play in the five-match T20 and ODI series against Pakistan.

"It was not sudden. He informed us before the selection about his decision," Sanjay Jagdale, the BCCI secretary, told reporters. "He spoke to me and the president about his decision. Naturally he must have been (emotional) I can't say we just spoke on the phone."

"What he has expressed is his concern that India has to prepare for the next World Cup," the BCCI's chief administrative officer Ratnakar Shetty added. "From that point of view, he felt that it was time that he retired."

http://www.espncrici...ory/598302.html

The best of the best, good luck Sachin!

307mg00.jpg

#129 triangulate

triangulate

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

Good luck Sachin!

The best behind Don Bradman.

I was lucky enough to see sachin's debut and he kept getting better.

Boxing day test continues in approx 30 mins.

#130 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,913 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

Good luck Sachin!

The best behind Don Bradman.

I was lucky enough to see sachin's debut and he kept getting better.

Boxing day test continues in approx 30 mins.

Wow, you must be really old then, haha. ;)

307mg00.jpg

#131 soda

soda

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:42 AM

Was at day 3 (and final) at the mcg today. All over to soon, but good to see Mitchell johnson work some magic with both bat and ball. Even managed a shot with Mr cool viv! http://instagr.am/p/Tw1nBAqliZ/
http://instagr.am/p/Twt4OUqlpT/

Edited by soda, 28 December 2012 - 03:44 AM.

Posted Image

Canada bound (Big White) Jan 08' woot hoo

<i>Edit ...all that freakin way for a measly 1cm of fresh </i>

#132 Apricot

Apricot

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,624 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

Didn't have a chance to watch the Pakistan vs India game. Heard it was a solid game. God I love Pakistan vs India games.

ahmet-maranki-kayisi-yagi.jpg

Previously known as CanucksRuleAll, CRA or Cantaloupe.

RIP RR, LB, PD. Forever in our hearts <3

#133 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,913 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Didn't have a chance to watch the Pakistan vs India game. Heard it was a solid game. God I love Pakistan vs India games.

Yeah, same here.

Anyone know the complete schedule? So I can get up and watch some games.

Edited by -Vintage Canuck-, 28 December 2012 - 01:00 PM.

307mg00.jpg

#134 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,913 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

Horrible start for India.

307mg00.jpg

#135 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,913 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

Sachin Tendulkar announces retirement from IPL:

Cricket star Sachin Tendulkar has announced his retirement from the Indian Premier League (IPL) tournament.

"I think this is the right time to stop playing the IPL. I am 40. Got to accept it," Tendulkar said.

The announcement came moments after his team Mumbai Indians lifted their first IPL title on Sunday night, beating the Chennai Super Kings by 23 runs.

The IPL has been dogged by controversy with allegations of spot-fixing against several cricketers and team owners.

In the last fortnight, three bowlers from Rajasthan Royals team and the owner of the Chennai Super Kings team have been arrested.

The tournament's final match was played in the eastern city of Calcutta.

"This is my last IPL," Tendulkar said in a television interview after the match.

"This has been a fantastic season... I had decided this was my last season," he said.

Tendulkar, who turned 40 last month, has a huge fan base in India. He was the first cricketer to score 100 international centuries.

He also holds the record for more test runs than any other player (15,837) and more one-day international (ODI) runs than anyone else (18,426).

Earlier this month, limited edition gold coins with his face engraved on them were launched by an Indian jewellery company.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...848#TWEET769170

307mg00.jpg

#136 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,913 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

India wins! YES!

Unbelievable choke by England.

307mg00.jpg

#137 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,913 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

What a finish by MS Dhoni in the final over to win the Celkon Mobile Cup! Scored two sixes and a four.

307mg00.jpg

#138 JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

Speaking of crickets...
Posted Image

#139 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

Kiddahh mundayoo

#140 He-Man

He-Man

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

Sachin tendulkar... aka God of cricket is playing his last ranji trophy innings. . And next month he will play his last test match 200th for him against the west indies... what a legend

Somebody started another Luongo Thread

Posted Image

OOOOOOOO REALLY ?

#141 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,913 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

Sachin Tendulkar to retire with countless Test and one-day records to his name:

India will lose its greatest cricketer when Sachin Tendulkar retires but the 'Little Master' leaves behind records that will not only be tough to beat, but may never be broken.

Tendulkar, 40, has played more matches, and scored more runs and centuries, than anyone else in either Test or one-day cricket, and is the only batsman to compile 100 international hundreds.

What stands out in an extraordinary 24-year career, which will end with his 200th Test starting Thursday, is how far ahead he is both in terms of statistics and longevity.

"Records don't last forever, but some of Tendulkar's achievements like 200 Tests and 100 international centuries will be hard to beat," former India captain Kapil Dev said.

Tendulkar's 15,847 Test runs dwarf the 13,378 scored by second-placed and now retired former Australia captain Ricky Ponting, and is 2,707 runs ahead of Jacques Kallis, the highest placed active player.

Tendulkar has been even more dominant in one-day cricket, his tally of 18,426 runs being 4,722 more than number two Ponting. Of active batsmen, Sri Lanka's Kumar Sangakkara leads with 11,948.

Ponting's 30 one-day centuries pale against Tendulkar's 49 - although South Africa's Kallis is only seven hundreds away from matching the Indian's Test tally of 51 tons.

By further comparison, Australia's Donald Bradman, usually acknowledged as cricket's best batsman, retired aged 39 in 1948 with 6,996 Test runs, including 29 centuries, in 52 matches.

And despite Bradman's staggering Test average of 99.94, West Indian great Brian Lara said Tendulkar was not only the best of all time, but that his records could be unmatchable.

"No argument at all - Sachin Tendulkar, for me, has had the greatest cricket career of anyone who has ever played the
game," Brian Lara said this week.

"His stats speak for themselves. I don't think there is any 16-year-old who is going to embark on the sort of career that Sachin Tendulkar has had and walk away from the game at 40 or 41 with such great achievements," added Lara.

Among current players, Tendulkar's Test record could possibly be matched by just two batsmen - the indefatigable all-rounder Kallis, and England captain Alastair Cook.

Kallis, 38, has scored 13,140 runs in 164 Tests at an average of 55.44. Cook, 28, already has 7,801 runs from 97 Tests, with 25 centuries and an average of 47.85.

http://www.abc.net.a...ndulkar/5089732

Watching Tendulkar's final match right now, anyone else watching? What can I say, what a career!

307mg00.jpg

#142 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,913 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

Tendulkar to ball for one last time! Classy move to give Tendulkar the ball. Very classy.

307mg00.jpg

#143 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,913 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:27 PM

It's over.

Thank You Sachin!

Legend.

307mg00.jpg

#144 Strong Sedins

Strong Sedins

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

Indian batting legend Sachin Tendulkar announces retirement from the one day format of the game:

Sachin Tendulkar has retired from ODI cricket. Tendulkar finishes an illustrious career in the 50-over format, having played 463 ODIs, scored 18,426 runs and made 49 centuries, each of them a world record. His last ODI was against Pakistan in Dhaka during the Asia Cup, where he made a half-century in India's victory.

"I have decided to retire from the One Day format of the game," he said in a statement. "I feel blessed to have fulfilled the dream of being part of a World Cup winning Indian team. The preparatory process to defend the World Cup in 2015 should begin early and in right earnest. I would like to wish the team all the very best for the future. I am eternally grateful to all my well wishers for their unconditional support and love over the years."

Tendulkar made his ODI debut on his first international tour, in 1989, against Pakistan in Gujranwala, where he got a duck. He scored his first half-century in his ninth ODI and made an immediate impact when promoted to open the batting in 1994, in an ODI against New Zealand in Auckland, where he smashed 82 in 49 balls. His first century took 79 ODIs to arrive but he kept piling them on with remarkable consistency. (Click here to see Tendulkar's cumulative ODI record.)

Some of the batting highlights in his ODI career include back-to-back hundreds against Australia in 1998 in a triangular tournament in Sharjah, finishing as the highest run-getter in the 2003 World Cup in South Africa, and becoming the first batsman to score a double-century in the ODI format, against South Africa in February 2010.

He was part of one of India's greatest ODI achievements over the last three decades, when they won the World Cup in 2011, beating Sri Lanka in the final on his home ground in Mumbai - it was his last ODI in India. In preparation for that World Cup, Tendulkar had curtailed the amount of ODI cricket in the year playing only four ODIs in the 12 months before the tournament. Since the end of the World Cup, Tendulkar has played 10 ODIs, seven in the CB Series against Australia and the last three of his career being played at the Asia Cup in Dhaka. His innings of 114 against Bangladesh on March 16 was his 100th international hundred in what turned out to be Tendulkar's penultimate ODI match for India.

Tendulkar's announcement of his ODI retirement came through a statement from the BCCI which stated that he had spoken to BCCI president N Srinivasan. His retirement was announced on the day the Indian selectors picked the teams to play in the five-match T20 and ODI series against Pakistan.

"It was not sudden. He informed us before the selection about his decision," Sanjay Jagdale, the BCCI secretary, told reporters. "He spoke to me and the president about his decision. Naturally he must have been (emotional) I can't say we just spoke on the phone."

"What he has expressed is his concern that India has to prepare for the next World Cup," the BCCI's chief administrative officer Ratnakar Shetty added. "From that point of view, he felt that it was time that he retired."

http://www.espncrici...ory/598302.html

The best of the best, good luck Sachin!

So sad!

#145 burrkeshanlon

burrkeshanlon

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

What a win by Australia yesterday, I missed two Canucks games to see us finally beat the Pommies never been happier.

Hopefully we beat them in Adelaide.
http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2408928/burrows-scooores-o.gif

#146 soda

soda

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

True burrkeshanlon was a great win and long time coming. Mitchell outstanding and shut up alot of critics especially the barmy army. Adelaide should be interesting but I'm tipping a draw. Traditionally a flat deck and some rain expected. Pumped for Boxing Day, hoping to get along.

Edited by soda, 30 November 2013 - 02:36 PM.

Posted Image

Canada bound (Big White) Jan 08' woot hoo

<i>Edit ...all that freakin way for a measly 1cm of fresh </i>

#147 Strong Sedins

Strong Sedins

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:20 AM

Kiddahh mundayoo

Thik aa

#148 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:31 AM

England getting pasted again, Cook's 100th Test match is not turning out very well :(

#149 Beccas

Beccas

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:51 AM

England getting pasted again, Cook's 100th Test match is not turning out very well :(

Pup's 100th test went well though.

#150 Del Rio

Del Rio

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

Somebody tell me the rules of cricket!

BlP_NlgCEAAOuch.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.