Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Ghost of Tom Joad

LA Noire

66 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on LA Noire?

• I can't wait, it looks great.
    • There are many other games I want more than this.
    • Rockstar has the Midas touch, so I need to try it.
    • It's just GTA in the '40's, so forget it!
    • It's GTA in the '40's, awesome!
    • Other (I'll explain below)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

139 posts in this topic

I'm calling it: Game of the Year.

After Red Dead Redemption, and now what looks like another truly impressive game, one has to wonder if there is any developer out there that can hold a candle to Rockstar?

RDR was great for about a month and then it got too repetitive..

Like most sandbox games.

However, this game looks pretty neat.. I'll definately check it out.

Looks interesting, but I'm not sure how the gameplay would work. Like the interrogations, would they just be cutscenes? Would you just spend a lot of time wandering around talking to witnesses and suspects? Wouldn't want this to just be an interactive movie.

Like most sandbox games.

I agree, I didint play RDR much at all after a month. im thinking of geting this game, sould give me a month of fun at least lol.

Like most sandbox games.

Also I think I heard that there won't be multiplayer. Never been that into multiplayer myself and I'm not sure how they could work it into this anyway but it'll be interesting to see if they'll be able to give this game lasting appeal/replay value without it.

"RO8!!" pretty much answered this point. I mean, define repetitive: all games have certain formulas that they follow; those characteristics usually define the genre of the game.

Wow..I can play a cop :shock: this could be my dream game :) ..looks like GTA except you get to bust guys!!!..SWEET!!..definitely gonna checki it out!!

That game looks GORGEOUS! Getting it for sure now.

I can't wait to take down a suspect with hand to hand combat, then fix my fedora with a sly smirk across my face

I did a search on this game and found virtually nothing about this game (other than a few people mentioning it off-hand).

Anyone else highly interested in this game? I've always been a sucker for a good story, I'm not one of these COD Frag-festers, so games like this usually catch my eye.

Hard to say just how this game will turn out, but it's safe to say Rockstar seems like they can do no wrong (See: Red Dead Redemption). I mean, I was as skeptical as anyone with RDR (just not a western kind of guy), but here it sits in my library.

Anyway, here's a trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LfZq_OdU80

And then a bit more in depth from IGN:

Definitely borrows a lot from the GTA series (use what works, I guess), but incorporates some more subtle gameplay in there. I'll be curious to see if it works.

Anyone else, your thoughts?

(Edit: Sorry, Releases May 17, didn't catch that the first time around.)

I thought this was quite cool - the one thing missing from video games was real authentic-looking emotion. This has got to be one of the best attempts yet.

I thought this was quite cool - the one thing missing from video games was real authentic-looking emotion. This has got to be one of the best attempts yet.

So what's next after this? GTA as a sci-fi?

man tjhis game loooks good with all the emotion and everything haha. this is like the good guy side of mafia 2 haha

Rockstar has never put out a game I haven't liked and this looks like it could be even better than GTA IV so this is probably my second most anticipated release aside from GoW 3.