The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

LA Noire

The Ghost of Tom Joad

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I feel like I'm flying through the game: I'm already at 30% completion; other Rockstar games take forever. Can some of you folks who have finished the game provide an estimate of how long it took to complete?

The games is pretty fun but it seems that it's getting kinda repetitive with the cases after a while. You also can't do that much outside of missions so after you beat it you most likely are not going to be playing it to often. I don't mind this game but I was expecting more from it. Those that want to try this game you will enjoy it but I think this is a rental game.

The games is pretty fun but it seems that it's getting kinda repetitive with the cases after a while. You also can't do that much outside of missions so after you beat it you most likely are not going to be playing it to often. I don't mind this game but I was expecting more from it. Those that want to try this game you will enjoy it but I think this is a rental game.

Been trying to drive as many cars as possible while I work my through the game. Just got on to vice and am 68/95, 5/50 film reels, 13/40 side missions and 14/35 landmarks I think. I consider finding all the hidden things replay value and want to 100% the game. I usually get to 95% on R* games and then quit lol.

The suit is via the R* social club. Anyway, can't wait to get off work and play hehe. I'll miss the game

Not for me it's not. The card that came sealed in the game says:

To download the "Sharpshooter, " first you'll need a PlayStation network account and a copy of L.A. Noire.

1. Launch the PlayStation Store

2. Select Redeem Code on the top right of the main page and enter your unique code.

And sadly, the PlayStation store is STILL down so I can't download this or "The consul's car" mission which needs you to connect to the store as well.

I'm going to have to agree here, but I'm sure we're in the minority.

I finished the game thoroughly but not because it was fun, just for the sake of doing it because I spent money on it. It was way too repetitive, even for a Rockstar sandbox game, and for the most part it was boring. There were just three types of action sequences: the chase on foot, the car chase and the shootout. Both types of chases became banal after two each and (like the guy above said) the gun-play was lacking in entertainment value. I wouldn't have minded so much if they story was captivating like advertised but it wasn't anything special at all, and the first half was taken almost straight out of season 1 of Dexter.

I know coming into it we were warned that it was a different type of "game" but it they should have said that it really wasn't a game at all... just a very long movie in which you control the movements of the main character.

I thought it was way too slow-paced to start but towards the middle it started getting better... then it flat-lined. Definitely disappointed.

Agree. I played just to get it done and now im trying to get as many achievements as a I can before I snap it in half. It did get boring a lot at times. It was too controlled. Too many cut scenes. It was pretty much a half movie half video game. It should of been like the GTA's. Where you finish a mission and then you go out and free roam or whatever and then you go back to the highlighted area in the map to do the next main mission. If I was out on the street patrolling and stuff doing side missions and then doing the main missions whenever I wanted to then I would of liked it more. Doing side missions for good people and the bad people. Being a corrupt cop would have been fun to do on the side. Making money ??? Buying properties ?? Going out drinking and to strip joints. This could of have been a great game.

Yeah I have mixed feelings about this game. The story, although not particularly original, was interesting enough to keep me playing, particularly Homicide (although the ending was kind of anticlimactic). The gameplay though, when there is any, is pretty lame. Pretty much it's just:

1. Wander around until the controller vibrates. Press "A" and jiggle left stick and hope the controller vibrates again.

2. "Interrogate" people by selecting all the pre-determined questions. Doesn't even really matter if you're correct on the "truth, doubt or lie" because the game will progress just fine if you get everything wrong.

3. Drive to next location.

4. Repeat.

5. Repeat.

6. Repeat.

***Throw in a car chase, foot chase, short gun fight somewhere in between.***

7. Charge someone, even though you suspect that you don't have the right guy in custody at all.

Side missions are just car chases, foot chases, gunfights, or some combination of the 3. Oftentimes driving to the mission takes longer than the mission itself. And the gunfights are awful. Just duck behind some cover, pop out and it automatically points towards the target. Duck again, pop out and it automatically points towards the next target. Lame pose by Cole, wait an unnecessary amount of time for a 3 second cutscene of a body being loaded into the coroner's van.

Yet I find myself still playing.

Archived