The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

LA Noire

The Ghost of Tom Joad

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 months later...

Overall I'm enjoying this game so far but find the investigation/interrogation can get a bit too boring mostly because the difference between doubt/truth seem too random. I've just finished the homicide desk and find the vice desk to be much funner :P

I would rate this game high but nowhere near the calibre of the GTA series. I'll try Red Dead Redemption after this game is finished.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just about finished this game. I think overall it is a solid game, though not perfect. The answers to the interrogations are often too random, or approach an exercise of splitting hairs. I think this detracts from otherwise what would be a very very good game. Evidence gathering I find to be too tedious. Really wish there was more action sequences. This game had potential to become legendary but IMO Rockstar dropped the ball.

Game would be good if the actions you did actually mattered. I'm about 5-6 missions in, and everything seems to same but I'd still like to finish it for the hell of it. There really isn't any other game worth checking out at the moment, that I've haven't already tried.

• 2 months later...

Man, i finally just started playing this and boy am i glad i didnt pay full price when it first came out. I've never been so bored in my life. Like someone else said it feels almost like a chore when playing this. I can see how some people might like it but for me, it's just so repetative and tedious and when you get an answer wrong it just feels like WTF did i just spend all this time looking for clues and listening to these stories for ? Glad i didnt pay for this, i think ill delete it pretty soon.

Makes me want GTA5 to hurry up and get here though !

Man, i finally just started playing this and boy am i glad i didnt pay full price when it first came out. I've never been so bored in my life. Like someone else said it feels almost like a chore when playing this. I can see how some people might like it but for me, it's just so repetative and tedious and when you get an answer wrong it just feels like WTF did i just spend all this time looking for clues and listening to these stories for ? Glad i didnt pay for this, i think ill delete it pretty soon.

Makes me want GTA5 to hurry up and get here though !

I was much too lazy to read through all of those paragraphs, but g_bassi, if you dig westerns, you definitely have to get RDR

I haven't played through a single player game in years, but I loved, loved, loved RDR. I'm pretty sure I just wandered around for 5 hours before completing the game, because I didn't want it to end. If I remember correctly, I did every side quest as well. I may have missed one or two along the way, but just because I loved the environment so much, I found each quest to be interesting and rewarding in its own way, just because it was more time spent in that little world.

For what it's worth, I was only able to play 2 or 3 hours of the last GTA before I got bored. But damn, RDR was right up my alley.

I still haven't picked up LA Noire, lol. Was too busy playing Skyrim for a few months, and right after I finished it, Mass Effect 3 came out. That game was so disappointing (mainly because of the ending) that it managed to remove any motivation to play anything for the last month after "beating" it. But LA Noire will be the next game I play, I think.

I was much too lazy to read through all of those paragraphs, but g_bassi, if you dig westerns, you definitely have to get RDR

I haven't played through a single player game in years, but I loved, loved, loved RDR. I'm pretty sure I just wandered around for 5 hours before completing the game, because I didn't want it to end. If I remember correctly, I did every side quest as well. I may have missed one or two along the way, but just because I loved the environment so much, I found each quest to be interesting and rewarding in its own way, just because it was more time spent in that little world.

For what it's worth, I was only able to play 2 or 3 hours of the last GTA before I got bored. But damn, RDR was right up my alley.

I still haven't picked up LA Noire, lol. Was too busy playing Skyrim for a few months, and right after I finished it, Mass Effect 3 came out. That game was so disappointing (mainly because of the ending) that it managed to remove any motivation to play anything for the last month after "beating" it. But LA Noire will be the next game I play, I think.

If they ever port it to PC, I would probably go out and buy RDR. I don't have a console to play it on though. At this point I've pretty much had most of the game (including the ending) spoiled, but it's still something I want to play through myself.

Also, GTA IV... I tried finishing it again a couple of months ago, but I gave up... again. There's just something about the game that makes it so bland.

• 10 months later...

Archived