The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 2011-12 Chicago Wolves Thread

b3.

Connauton or Granani  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I doubt Schroeder will ever make the NHL full-time playing for the Canucks.

Connauton is still more than a few seasons removed from being NHL ready.

While I believe Jensen is fully capable of making the NHL next season I think he might also benefit from a full season playing with the Wolves. That said, if a player as useless as Kassian was last season is NHL ready than Jensen should be our number one contender for making the top 6 out of training camp.

Lack is more than NHL ready, but I think the situation has more to do with if the team can sort out the Luongo-Schneider issue.

I hate these list because there's just no way to categorize any of these players. Are they ranked based on NHL potential or NHL readiness? cause i like Corrado and McNally way more than Kevin Connauton in terms with potential. I never liked Kevin Connauton. Though, admittedly, I didn't like Subban before he was in the NHL, and he's doing just fine.

so two of our top five are goalies and we got 2 number 1 goalies in the NHL right now.. our goalie tending will be great for years to come but we really lack some game controlling defense prospect and game changing forward prospect ( Jensen is a great forward prospect but he is not a game changer)

If you follow the Wolves, you'll see that Jensen, a rookie to the AHL, had four goals in his first six AHL games, then followed that up with 2 more in his first two AHL playoff games. With Jensen's size and NHL style of play, he will be a top six player on the Canucks before Schroeder or Kassian. Schroeder will have to get past all of Daniel, Henrik, Burrows, Kesler, Booth, Higgins, Hansen, and Raymond on skill - it ain't happening - he has not yet done in the AHL in terms of production, what they have done in the NHL. Jensen brings an element only one of the other top six Canuck forwards brings - size, grit and skill. All you had to do was look at how Jensen played with other NHL players in spring training this past season - he thinks like an NHLer on offence. You can't teach goal scoring, size, or grit - all of which he has in abundance - you can teach defence. If Schroeder gets a shot, it will only be to showcase him.

Archived