Parise-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Volpatti-Malhotra-Schroeder

Weber-Ballard

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Tanev-Edler

Schneider

Lack

Simmed first season (2011-2012) and lost to NSH in WCF. During offseason, traded:

Luongo, Salo, 1st round, 3rd round

to NJ for:

Parise, prospect, 5th round

Salo was placed on waivers and retired a member of Chicago Wolves, winning a Calder Cup and scoring 52 points

1st round for 4 years, NJ prospect (Henrique I think?), and Hodgson

to NSH for:

Weber, prospect and 2nd

Realistic enough? :bigblush:

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

Booth - Kesler - Parenteau

Burrows - Lappy - Kassian

Higgins - Winchester - Hansen

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Grags - Commodore

Schneider

NutCup

Spares

Defense: Tanev, Jurchina, Aulie, Kconn, Sauve,

Forwards: Bitz, M.Kassian, Jagr, Raymond, Abdelkader, Schroeder, C.Hanson

Tweaked up my ultimate team a bit. It is now:

Parise - Stamkos - P. Kane

Lucic - Hodgson - Eberle

Couturier - Johansen - Stone

Yakupov - Huberdeau - Jurco

Edler - Letang

M. Staal - Subban

Murray - Dumba

Pavelec

Wedgewood

To be honest I was stunned that this fit under the cap.

Sedin-Sedin-Ruutu

Booth-Kesler-Stewart

Higgins-Malhotra-Burrows

Adam Hall-Hodgson-Lapierre

Hamhius-Bieksa

Edler-Pitkanen

Allen-Salo

Lu

Schneider

I try to keep it as realistic as possible. This team has won the cup they've got a little more pugnacity than this current Canucks team which makes me happy. CoHo is a 79 Overall because of his position on the 4th line.

The one guy I always trade for in GM mode is Mattias Tedenby in all my seasons in Be a GM he has always became one of the premier play-maker slash scorers, my other favourite player is Brett Maclean I always trade for him in his mid 30s and he usually becomes a top 50 goal scorer for me.

Alright, here's my latest Be A GM: 2018-19 Vancouver Canucks:

1st Line:

• LW (Center usually): Alex Galchenyuk, drafted 5th overall by Phoenix in 2012, traded an arm and a leg to get him in 2013. He's at 87 overall (Playmaker) with B- B B potential and grew to 6'3 219lbs, still only 24. Won the Calder Trophy in 2014 and is coming off of a 78gp 32 g 47 a 79 p 56 +/- season.

• C: Trent Lofthouse, drafted 2nd overall by Dallas in 2013, traded a stud d-man (Myles Bell) that I had picked up off of waivers (lol) and a 1st to get him in late 2017. He is a 23 year old, 6'3 190lb Playmaker at 92 overall with A- B C- potential; he won the Calder in 2015 and the Selke trophy in 2016-17 (at 22 haha), he's coming off of an 81 gp 22 g 38 a 60 p 20 +/- season.

• RW: Nail Yakupov, drafted 1st overall in 2012 by the Vancouver Canucks. He's a 25 year-old, 6'1 191lb Sniper, 94 overall with B- A- B potential; he won the Art Ross in 2017/18, the Hart trophy from 2015/16-2017/18, the Lady Byng in 17/18, the Ted Lindsay in 16/17 and 17/18, and the Maurice Richard in 17/18. He's coming off of an awesome 82 gp 42 g 68 a 110 p 60 +/- season, leaving him with 406 points in 398 games. Nail is also an Alternative Captain.

2nd Line:

• LW: Daniel Sedin, at 38 years of age, Daniel is one of the most important veterans on my team, age is starting to kick in with him and he has dropped to 87 overall, but he still managed to get 55 points in 82 games last year and has had one hell of a career with 1214 points in 1368 games. I think this is his last year of hockey so I'm giving him 1st powerplay time and 2nd line minutes to make it easier for him.

• C: Henrik Sedin, along with his twin, Henrik is starting to age, and has dropped to 85 overall, however, the always identical twins are still scoring well together, with Hank scoring 60 points last year he now has 1227 points in 1391 games, 922 of those points being assists. Henrik is still the Captain of the Canucks, and will be until he retires, which I suspect will be the coming offseason.

• RW: Zack Kassian, Kass has done pretty well for himself, at 27 years of age, he has developed into a monstrous 90 overall, 6'4 230lb Powerforward, I have him protecting the Sedins here on the 2nd line. When I first brought him into the NHL, I had him on a line that I personally called "The Future of Doom" with Brayden Schenn and Marcus Foligno. He is coming off of a slightly sub-par 24 g 17 a 41 p season with 109 PIM's in 82 games.

3rd Line:

• LW: Marcus Foligno, I fixed his potential and stats before making this Be A GM, so he has developed into a big, bruising, 82 overall, 27 year old, 6'3 223lb Powerforward with ridiculously high checking and fighting skill. I traded quite a bit to get him, and he's been a mainstay on my 4th line until this year, when Kesler retired early and I had to revamp the line-up. He's coming off a career year with 82 gp 12 g 17 a 29 p 33 +/- and 64 PIM's, which may not seem impressive, but it is considering he was playing on the 4th line with no PP time and 4th liners in this game rarely get more than 18 points.

• C: Brayden Schenn, I traded Manny Malhotra to Philly straight up for Schenn in the 2012-13 off-season (lol). He has very well into an 87 overall, 27 year-old, 6'2 191lb Two-way forward who I have had playing everywhere in the line-up. He has been very successful and I've turned him into my replacement for Kesler. He is coming off of a career year having 23 g 36 a 59 p in 82 gp with a plus-minus of 55.

• RW: Nicklas Jensen, Nicklas has developed well, although in a different path than I thought he would, he has high strength and checking with a lower-end speed of 83. At 6'3 209lbs and 25 years old, Jensen is a solid Powerforward and I had him centering my 4th line last year, where he scored 20 goals and 10 assists in 82 games with a plus-minus of 24, I was quite impressed. He also had a mind-boggling 62% in the faceoff circle.

4th Line:

• LW: Ludwig Blomstrand, Blomstrand has been a bit of a surprise in development, going from C- B- C potential in 2011-12 to C A- B potential, which has caused him to turn into a solid 4th line, 82 overall Grinder. He grew to 6'2 204 lbs and is 25, playing in his rookie season. I've had him toiling around in the AHL for the past few years waiting for an opening in the roster and his last season stats were: 76 gp 8 g 16 a 24 p 10 +/- 32 PIM's, playing on my confusingly terrible Farm Team (I try to stack it with great prospects but it always goes like 25-30-15 or something like that).

• C: Alex Friesen, Freezer developed into a good 4th line center, he grew a bit to 5'11 194lbs and is an 80 overall Two-way forward. He has great checking and 88 faceoffs so he handles himself quite well, he had a 23 point rookie season, but since then has just been my 13th forwar. He played 5 games played last season, and was rather good during them scoring 2 goals and 1 assist with a plus-2 rating with 75% on the faceoff, but Schenn recovered from his injury and I had to scratch him again.

• RW: Jannik Hansen, I can never let Jannik leave my team while I'm in charge, so he has become a mainstay on the 3rd and 4th lines. He's become an 84 overall Two-way forward and last season scored 9 goals and 21 assists for 30 points in 82 games (Unfortunately he always sucks in NHL 12, not bad for the 4th line though).

Defense:

1st Pairing:

• LD: Ryan Murray, I traded a king's ransom to Montreal this last off-season, and it was worth every 2nd round draft pick. Drafted 2nd overall in 2012 to the Montreal Canadiens, Murray has a successful career so far, growing to 6'2 200lbs and is now 90 overall with straight-B potential at 25, he is a very solid Two-way defender. He is coming off of a 7 g 33 a 40 pt season in 82 gp, and, on a bad Montreal team, was a plus-7. I think he will be very successful playing with my crown jewel defenseman, Aaron Ekblad.

• RD: Aaron Ekblad, drafted 1st Overall in 2014 by the Vancouver Canucks, he is a 22 year old, 6'4 217lb, 93 overall Two-way defenseman, still with A A- B potential. If you look up the meaning of "stud" in the dictionary, his picture will be there beside an 18 year old Trevor Linden. I had him mentored by Edler up until this year in the arts of big hits and slap shots with keen offensive and defensive skills. He won the Norris trophy last year at 21 years old, coming off of an 82 gp 13 g 33 a 46 p 41 +/- 42 PIM's season. I love this kid, he is an assistant Captain on this team, and is a strong consideration to become Captain when Henrik retires.

2nd Pairing:

• LD: Alexander Edler, at 32 years old, Eagle has become the veteran presence on the Canuck's blue-line. He is now an 89 overall, elite Two-way defender. Edler is coming off of a rough season having 7 goals and 29 assists for 36 points in 82 games, he did have a solid plus-51 rating however. Edler won the Norris trophy in 2016/17 and now has 885 gp with 74g and 397p.

• RD: Chris Tanev, in the prime of his career, a 28 year-old Tanev has developed into an incredibly solid 89 overall Two-way defender, his defensive game is more solid than the Great Wall of China's. He has not won any awards, but has quietly done an all-star's job, with at least 27 points over the last 5 years. He is coming off of a weak 6 g 21 a 27 p season, but had a nice +41 and has had at least a +34 rating every year since he turned 24. Tanev also has roughly 24 PIM's in his career of 607 games.

3rd Pairing:

• LD: Griffin Reinhart, drafted 65th overall in 2012 by the Vancouver Canucks (STEAL), Reinhart has developed into a very solid, 6'5 213lb, 83 overall Two-way defender at 24 years of age and he still has C A- B- potential. I have had Reinhart developing on the third pairing and now he is the anchor for it, he is coming off of a 5 g 11 a 16 p 36 +/- 42 PIM season in 82 games played. With Hamhuis signing elsewhere after Bieksa's retirement, Reinhart now wears number 2.

• RD: Bobby Zinkan, drafted 5th overall in 2013 by the Vancouver Canucks in 2013, Zinkan is a ferocious, 6'0 187lb Two-way defender. Don't let his size fool you, he has mid 90's checking, fighting skill and strength, with good speed and a solid shot to go along with it, however he is only 82 overall, but he still has B B C potential. I think of him as the "Next Bieksa, without the Brain Farts". This is Zinkan's rookie season as I traded Justin Schultz to Florida after two very weak 25 point season's (which was at least 50% production decrease over past years), so he got the chance to step in and play.

Healthy Scratches/Notable Prospects:

• Prospect LW: Theodor Krupp, drafted 11th Overall in 2016 by Montreal, I traded my 1st born child (to be) for him and boy was it worth it. The 21 year old Germany-native is a 6'5 246lb Hulk-like Powerforward. He is 79 Overall with A A- B potential and 3 g 3 a 7 p 8 +/- and 15 PIM's in 7 NHL games. He wears 88 like Patrick Kane, which is ironic, because I used him to hit the diminutive d-bag so hard, he tore his ACL and missed 2 months, I kept him up for the rest of the season after that.

• Prospect/Depth LD: Torsten Sundstrom, Sundstrom is a very tall Viking from Sweden, I signed him as a UFA when Montreal didn't after drafting him 50th overall in 2013 (stupid Montreal!). He is a 6'9 238lb Defensive-defender who is 84 overall and has B- B C potential at 24 years of age. This is his rookie season and I'm pretty much only going to play him if someone gets hurt.

Goalies:

• Starter: Cory Schneider, Schneids is a beast who becomes 95 overall and wins 5 Vezina's/Jennings/Conn Smythe Trophies in a row, keep him and trade Luongo!

• Backup: David Honzik, He become 81 OV with B- B B- potential but will suck in the AHL, so keep him if you want, Eddie Lack was my Backup, but I traded him to Tampa when I got a stud goalie in the making along with Murray from Montreal.

Here's my line-up in a more legible format:

Forwards:

#94 Alex Galchenyuk (87 OV) - #13 Trent Lofthouse (92 OV) - #10 Nail Yakupov (94 OV) "A"

#22 Daniel Sedin (87 OV) - #33 Henrik Sedin (85 OV) "C" - #9 Zack Kassian (90 OV)

#82 Marcus Foligno (82 OV) - #20 Brayden Schenn (87 OV) - #71 Nicklas Jensen (85 OV)

#21 Ludwig Blomstrand (82 OV) - #18 Alex Friesen (80 OV) - #36 Jannik Hansen (84 OV)

#88 Theodor Krupp

Defensemen:

#27 Ryan Murray (90 OV) - #5 Aaron Ekblad (93 OV) "A"

#23 Alex Edler (89 OV) - #8 Chris Tanev (89 OV)

#2 Griffin Reinhart (83 OV) - #25 Bobby Zinkan (82 OV)

#56 Torsten Sundstrom (84 OV)

Goaltenders:

#35 Cory Schneider

#30 David Honzik

-As usual, I have spent way to much time writing out a post about my imaginary hockey team. Don't judge me!

Ok, is this absurd or what?

Memorial Cup final game, defenseman with the Oshawa Generals. At one point, we outshoot Kootneay 44-14, but its 2-0 Ice :picard: Although, we did comeback to tie it 2-2. But then, on the PP with 6.8 seconds left, we get a re-direct that goes in :) The shots ended up 63-21 us. I then got drafted 1st overall by Philly :D

Seriously I don't know how many times in EASHL that I've won a faceoff in the offensive zone and my CPU D both skate away from the puck and it goes back over the line, forcing my team to get onside. The puck is moving TOWARDS my D, why does he skate backwards and let the puck go fully out? Makes no sense.

Seriously I don't know how many times in EASHL that I've won a faceoff in the offensive zone and my CPU D both skate away from the puck and it goes back over the line, forcing my team to get onside. The puck is moving TOWARDS my D, why does he skate backwards and let the puck go fully out? Makes no sense.

In my first year BEAGM I made 2 trades. The main pieces were P. Kane for Luongo and Raymond and Wiese for Methot, Dorsett and Johansen. My lines were

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Kane

Higgins Pahlsson Hansen

Lapierre Malhotra Dorsett

Edler Bieksa

Hamhuis Salo

Methot Alberts

Schnieder

??

The first year I won the cup. The second year, I resigned everybody and had the exact same roster with the exact same overalls and I was 14th in the west and had the 6th overall pick. WTF!!

Archived