The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rioting in Vancouver Tonight

DonLever

How about this one?

89753mapleridgeNathanKotalyk04212c.jpg

Nathan Kotylak, a Grade 12 student at Meadowridge School, has been named to the Canadian national water polo programs U-18 development program this summer, the only athlete from B.C. to get an invite.

At the U-18 national club championships last year, Kotylak and his Fraser Valley Water Polo Club took gold, with Kotylak grabbing all-star honours.

Earlier this month, Kotylak and his Meadowridge Gryphons beat out a team made up of players from Garibaldi and Maple Ridge secondary schools in an all-local provincial final.

Kotylak was named MVP.

After a month in Montreal for national team evaluations, Kotylak will have a chance to travel to Europe to represent Canada in U-18 play.

In addition to receiving a partial scholarship through Water Polo Canada to attend school at the University of Calgary, where he plans to study kinesiology, Kotylak also qualified for an academic scholarship from the school itself thanks to his good grades.

Last year my goal was to make the national team and I did that, said Kotylak. They say your first year in the [national development program] is the toughest, so I want to get through it and learn as much as I can.

Ultimately, Kotylak has his eyes on the Olympic team.

Thats my goal, he said.

Good family, father is a surgeon

So why do this?

Say goodbye to a scholarship and your Olympic dream, Nathan. Perhaps your goal now is to determine if the customer wants fries with their burger?

Do they get off easy if they're underage?

Edit: We're trending on the main page of Livejournal too. And the people there never care about hockey or sports :blink: This surprises me even more than appearing on European news outlets.

Edit: ^Oh my god. That is just sad. And confounding. Wow.

I don't recall a sport riot being international news before like this has.

And now we have a type of riot being named after us :lol: :D

I've kinda moved on to just laughing about it now. Makes for an interesting story to tell.

Do they get off easy if they're underage?

Edit: We're trending on the main page of Livejournal too. And the people there never care about hockey or sports :blink: This surprises me even more than appearing on European news outlets.

How about this one?

89753mapleridgeNathanKotalyk04212c.jpg

Nathan Kotylak, a Grade 12 student at Meadowridge School, has been named to the Canadian national water polo programs U-18 development program this summer, the only athlete from B.C. to get an invite.

At the U-18 national club championships last year, Kotylak and his Fraser Valley Water Polo Club took gold, with Kotylak grabbing all-star honours.

Earlier this month, Kotylak and his Meadowridge Gryphons beat out a team made up of players from Garibaldi and Maple Ridge secondary schools in an all-local provincial final.

Kotylak was named MVP.

After a month in Montreal for national team evaluations, Kotylak will have a chance to travel to Europe to represent Canada in U-18 play.

In addition to receiving a partial scholarship through Water Polo Canada to attend school at the University of Calgary, where he plans to study kinesiology, Kotylak also qualified for an academic scholarship from the school itself thanks to his good grades.

Last year my goal was to make the national team and I did that, said Kotylak. They say your first year in the [national development program] is the toughest, so I want to get through it and learn as much as I can.

Ultimately, Kotylak has his eyes on the Olympic team.

Thats my goal, he said.

Good family, father is a surgeon

So why do this?

nathan-kotylak1.jpg?w=497&h=361

Say goodbye to a scholarship and your Olympic dream, Nathan. Perhaps your goal now

CBC focuses on the fact that a "sore loser" search on google pulls up links to the Vancouver riot, fails to mention the entire riot was planned and not the result of the actions of poor sports who are true hockey fans. Don't even mention the hundreds and hundreds who showed up spontaneously to pick of garbage and scrape melted plastic off the roads. Their hatchet job on this city is complete.

Edit: They did mention the cleanup later, and Rex Murphy's rant redeemed the network.

I'd love to see the businesses that were damaged/looted. including the City of Vancouver, start a lawsuit against all of the participants who can be identified, for the cost of repairs/ overtime for police/clean-up crews etc/ stolen goods.

I'm sure insurance will cover most of the expenses to the businesses, but the idiots involved should be inconvenienced and punished in as many ways as legally possible.

I also hope that the people photographed acting like idiots last night lose their jobs, if they have them...

I know that my boss would drop any employee who was carrying on that way. How could a client deal with them in the future knowing that they are such a low-life. If the girl who flashed Eager during the San Jose series got fired, these idiots should suffer the same fate, and then some.

I'd love to see the businesses that were damaged/looted. including the City of Vancouver, start a lawsuit against all of the participants who can be identified, for the cost of repairs/ overtime for police/clean-up crews etc/ stolen goods.

I'm sure insurance will cover most of the expenses to the businesses, but the idiots involved should be inconvenienced and punished in as many ways as legally possible.

I also hope that the people photographed acting like idiots last night lose their jobs, if they have them...

I know that my boss would drop any employee who was carrying on that way. How could a client deal with them in the future knowing that they are such a low-life. If the girl who flashed Eager during the San Jose series got fired, these idiots should suffer the same fate, and then some.

I'm seriously loving the hunt and round up of all these dimwits and cowards...it seems like young people of all kinds were involved in this crap...imo, it's a reflection of how pathetic and degenerate this society has become and how it influences young people. And the whole 'taking pics and vids' of everything is real pathetic too...posing in front of burning things.....think about it...the only reason they're getting them is to post online for other people to see...I mean, really? ...the motivation for doing that is so incredibly shallow. I guess the only excuse most of them have is their age.

Just sickening, disgusting and shameful to see the tragic events that unfolded in our city, as it tarnished our good rep and caused a lot of damage. The people standing around downtown should give their heads a good shake and grow up. The anarchists/rioters/scums responsible for all the looting, stabbing, arson and damage need to be held accountable for their pathetic actions and have justice thrown at them immediately for ruining our city. The police should have been better prepared.

I am so ashamed and sickened that this happened to our city. The loss was tragic, riots after were even more tragic. To make salvage, I will and we should all help bring back the good image of vancouver in whatever way we can.

Love the Canucks, love Vancouver :canucks:

Archived