The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Frank Corrado | D

b3.

There is a worry that Chicago misses the playoffs too, but hopefully he gets some good experience out of it. Still, Belleville would have been a nice destination for Corrado to be traded to. Freaking Spott...

But if they get to play on the Wolves hopefully they'll get some ice time and not press box duty like the ECHL kids are getting right now.

And btw your avy is hilarious! :lol:

Nah Corrado never would have been traded inter-conference, Belleville was never really an option for him. Regardless, he got to go from Sudbury where he was expected to put up points, to Kitchener where he got a few months to fine-tune his shutdown skills and I think it has paid dividends, went like +20 something in his short tiem in Kitchener as a shutdown D, really impressive.

And thanks, I thought it was clever. Thought about doing Zombiggins with all the staph infection jokes surrounding Higgy last season, but went with Bieksa as he is my favourite player and it works better phonetically.

Corrado has a PPG assisted by mceneny (his 2nd assist of the night) and the Rangers are up 4-0 five minutes into the 2nd.

It looks like with the injury to one of kitchener's defensemen last night their coach has Corrado & Mceneny paired together. Not bad.

Even better is that they are on the same PP unite together, pretty awesome.

Also, Corrado just got an assist, first two points of the playoffs!

Nice! Would be good to see him make an impact on this series, and that McEneny's doing well.

Kitchener is up 3-1 after the 1st in game 4.

Corrado has no points and is +2 so far.

3-2 after the 2nd now. Corrado still +2 with no points, and McEneny is a -1 with a roughing penalty (took a Knight with him though on that one).

I am 50/50 in thinking that Corrado may get several games in Vancouver if Kitchener is eliminated this round. Especially with the news of Tanev, get a RH shot on with Ballard, see what we have in Frank, and where he needs to improve when he goes to Chicago/Peoria/Abbots.

Get him into Avs,Nash,Stl,Dal and Det. Get Jensen into his last 3 games as well, use the opportunity to rest a few guys.

I am 50/50 in thinking that Corrado may get several games in Vancouver if Kitchener is eliminated this round. Especially with the news of Tanev, get a RH shot on with Ballard, see what we have in Frank, and where he needs to improve when he goes to Chicago/Peoria/Abbots.

Get him into Avs,Nash,Stl,Dal and Det. Get Jensen into his last 3 games as well, use the opportunity to rest a few guys.

I think it's a definite possibility. We could use another right D and it wouldn't hurt to see what he's got, at least for the 5 games. He's been playing the shut down role for Kitchener so we could slot him into a role similar to Tanev's while he's out.

Worth a gander at the very least.

No reason to rush it, particularly considering the playoffs count in that 5 game limit as well. They'll play with the Wolves, and maybe Corrado gets a couple games as a test, but I doubt we use all 5 in the regular season just in case we feel they could be useful in the playoffs.

GAME 5 IS ON TV! Sportsnet is airing game 5 between Kitchener and London on their Friday Night Hockey broadcast. It'll be on at 4:30 PT on SportsnetOne.

Archived