Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

* * * * * 8 votes

Zack Kassian (Official Thread)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
270 replies to this topic

#271 LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,973 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

Did it so I could apply the power of Hindsight later. B)

Did that hurt?

They both started playing in the NHL at the exact same age (Well, Pyatt would be Born in August and Kassian in January, so technically Pyatt would have been slightly younger)

Pyatt played more NHL games than Kassian at his age. If you put all 3 of Kassian's seasons together (83 games), we can compare the stats of Pyatts first season (78 games). They look very similar, I would argue that Kassian got to play on a better team (and we are counting two other seasons, where he should have improved)

Since I have been informed that Kassian's draft was so strong, and Pyatt's was so weak. It make me think I am wrong, Kassian is not a Pyatt 2.0

He doesn't deserve to be compared to someone leaps and bounds ahead of him.

Kassian < Pyatt

I think Nugent Hopkins is gonna keep taking a walloping until he becomes a Lindros. (a little more foresight, he won't be as good... in case that is the only point you are going to argue)

The problem with Pyatt is that he was extremely slow, didn't have the best hockey IQ, looked uninterested at times, and rarely showed emotion.

Check out his fight against Ivanans, he did pretty well against a pure goon

or Stewart

If he actually had a mean streak and played smarter on the ice he could have been at least as good as Milan Lucic. Even his playoff stats are pretty good (usually stuck on the third or fourth line).

Kassian on the other hand has what Pyatt was missing (speed, mean streak) but lacks the strength that Pyatt has.

Just if we could combine both.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.