The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We will NEVER win a cup with Aaron Rome In our lineup

Robongo

i think that Rome's in just for the added toughness factor. If Alberts actually got game, he would be better suited than Rome. However, i think people and AV finally realizes how much Ballard is missed, and when healthy, here's to hoping for:

Hammer - Juice

Edler - Salo

Ballard - Grags

That would be fine.

pp 1 with Edler and Hammer

pp 2 with Salo and Grags

I understand your rationale but I don't think we lost the cup b/c of Rome's hit. I would take that trade (Horton for Rome) anyday. And I don't think Boston needed any "ignition" to play in the stanley cup finals. What they did manage to do is realize that a) refs weren't calling anything and B) our powerplay was horrible.

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with Rome. He brings toughness, will stick up for teammates, and brings allot for his salary (which allows us to have 4 guys at 4+million)....the only issue is he is being used too much and putting him with Gregnagni is a bad idea.

• 3 months later...

It would have been nice if he had been around for the last 5 games of the 2011 Cup, just to test out that so-called theory of the OP.

One thing I do know for sure: The Canucks were 2-0 in that series with Rome and 1-4 without...

Its been proven time And time again that he is absolutely brutal. He tries to do too much and he gets burned from it over and over . This av man crush has to come to an end. Any other player whom Which makes the mistakes that rome makes doesn't get the numerous extra chances that he gets. It's getting to a ridiculous point and has to stop . Has been our weakest link for two seasons now and if the coaching staff cAnt see that then ther is seriously something wrong .

Archived