The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond Promoted To First Line With The Sedins

alt kilgore

I feel like this line shuffle is due to our opponent and not the slump that some of our players are in. i think av is doing the right thing and mason just has to get his crap together along with the sedins. it's not like we're the blue jackets and we can't win at all. no offense to pahlsson :)

My point was that if the Sedins pump it up a notch, and they probably will one of these games, no matter who plays for them will cash in. ( I used "decide to play better" as a figure of speech being that a lot of times it has to do with a mental fatigue and confidence.) But that IMO that potential surge for Raymond is not sustainable and his style of play, in the longer run, will hamper the Sedins. The fear is that AV will congratulate himself for the brilliant move and stubbornly keep Raymond playing there for more games no matter how unproductive. (See Rome). Thus wasting time to try more viable options before going into the playoffs.

Believe me, I hope Raymond will transform overnight into the superstar he always was hiding under there, if only he had the perfect linemates. But the history of his play doesn't support that theory.

Am I right or am I right? ;)

Mason has one thing that scares defencemen and it is big speed, if he turns the D he opens up room for the twins to operate. The move is to get the Sedins going. AV does not want to break up the 2nd line he just wants to jump start the twins. Bash Raymond all you want but i read something about the the Boston defencemen feared him the most in the finals because he was one of the few canuck forwards that could turn them around.

Mason has one thing that scares defencemen and it is big speed, if he turns the D he opens up room for the twins to operate. The move is to get the Sedins going. AV does not want to break up the 2nd line he just wants to jump start the twins. Bash Raymond all you want but i read something about the the Boston defencemen feared him the most in the finals because he was one of the few canuck forwards that could turn them around.

It is unreal that Mason Raymond is still on the club let alone being promoted to the first line. It is time to bench him but I guess he has some photos of AV or Gillis he is using to stay on the club. Yes, he can skate and maybe he should consider figure skating in the future but he simply can't play hockey that well. He is a soft perimeter player who has absolutely no finish around the net in the rare occurrences he finds himself there.

I would rather see Byron Bitz play or if you are looking for offense why not bring up Mark Mancari and give him a shot with Sedins. He is a career minor leaguer but he has proven he can score. In his cup of tea with the Canucks earlier this year he was given 4th line duty but he is use to being a offensive player who sees a lot of minutes. If Anson Carter can score with Sedins perhaps Mancari can too.

Best news of the game for the Canucks was that Burrows might be able to bring back some of the third line offence that was lost with the Hodgson trade. Now if AV could sit Raymond, play Kassian with the Sedins to give them some room, and go back to his regular defence pairings, the team might have a chance to find its feet before the playoffs. Otherwise ... it's going to be kaput ... first round exit and a long summer, boys ...

AV is a gold medal winning coach and is the most winningest coach in franchise history. Sounds like half the people lose faith in him a little when he tries to produce something out of a slump.

Also, veteran players go through down periods and sometimes need a change to help them. Raymond is a magnificent skater and has been picking up his game lately so maybe you should just wait and see before you start whining about it.

I think putting Raymond on the Sedin line was AV's way of kicking the Sedin's butts into gear..not in a malicious way..but by getting them out of their familiar comfort zone.

AV has to try and find a combination or spark that will ignite this team before the playoffs (no,my friends,Cody hodgson was not the answer).

Archived