The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond Promoted To First Line With The Sedins

alt kilgore

THIS!

Im stoked, i think Mayray, Booth and Kes were the same pieces of a puzzle. Raymond often lost the puck in the offensive zone, but he had little passing options due to being so far ahead of everyone. The Sedins can give him options, he made some great plays with them in the playoffs.

Well Im just...........listening to........Jeff Patterson, who.......uuuuugh.....feels that the .......TWINS are actually being......aaaauuuugh .......demoted to a..........nnnnnnyyyyyyyyy.....second line and therefore.....it's more of a ...........DEMOTION for the twins then .....it .....is.... for..........Mason..............Raymond.

A great opportunity................tomorrow night....for Mason .......RAYMOND to ........get back ON TOP.....of his game.

God I feel like throwing up now.

i dont like this idea, but the Sedins and Burrows have done nothing in the last 5 games or so. So why not a change up. I would prefer to see Kassian up there but still we'll see what happens in tomorrows game. This might be a good move and who knows maybe the 3 of them will start to light up just in time for the playoffs ;)

I think this change will finally give the 1st line the grit/sandpaper that it's been lacking. :lol:

On a more serious note, why the hell not? We've already got a playoff spot so now it should be about getting the players back up to speed and confident. I think a repeat of the President's trophy would be nice (for home-ice advantage) but I don't think it's necessary as our team's home/away records are nearly identical (both with approximately a 61% win-rate). Yes, there are teams that shine at home (DET, STL) but we've proven that we can win in those houses too, plus I think those stats matter less during the post-season as the game changes (reffing, tempo, hitting, etc).

Regarding the Sedin-Sedin-Raymond line, it might work, I don't know, I'm not Prof Trelawney. I think it'll have greater chance of success early on if the AMEX line gets put against the other team's top D-pairing (which PHX may do since the Sedins haven't been producing and the AMEX line has) thus giving this line a little bit more space. That being said, we seem to have had a run of hot goaltenders against of late, so that might play a role too. What I can say with certainty is, if this line is able to score in the 1st period and we're able to leave that period with the lead, we'll win the game. The Canucks seem to need that confidence going into the 2nd period, which has been our WORST period this year.

And Burrows is one of the quickest skaters on the team AND he goes to the dirty areas, digs up the puck for his linemates, AND stays on his feet doing it AND scores goals. I hope it works as a shakeup for the twins, but it won't be because of Raymond's skating.

I like this idea simply because I think the Sedins and AV need to stop being so reliant on their cycle game.

The Sedins are great transition players too but you rarely see it anymore. Rather their ice time is restricted to offensive face offs and power play minutes, when they have shown great play in transition too.

Archived