Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Need Ballard Back Soon Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

I dont know about you people but ever since Ballard went down this defence has been really out of sync. I think they miss his grit and speed. I know lots of people dont like his cap hit but he was starting to finaly earn it. Hope he is back soon we are going to need him.

#2 Blömqvist

Blömqvist

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

Although he didn't get much ice time, he really solidified that third pairing. With him on it we were much more capable of getting out of our zone quickly and efficiently. Moreover, before his injury he played physically and was good on the defensive end of things as well.

Every pizza is a personal pizza if you try hard enough and believe in yourself.

#3 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

Yup Rome and Alberts are just not cutting it. He may not be the big nasty dman everyone wants but he can skate the puck out of trouble as good as anybody.
jersey collection.jpg

#4 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

Yup Rome and Alberts are just not cutting it. He may not be the big nasty dman everyone wants but he can skate the puck out of trouble as good as anybody.

Although he's smaller than both of them, he has a lot more grit and can skate. He's our best skating D.

#5 Walking Paradox

Walking Paradox

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

I hope we will see that offensive flare that got him powerplay time in Florida.

#6 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

Ballsy is what the Canucks have been lacking lately.

#7 Durl Dixsun

Durl Dixsun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hamhuis/Bieksa
Edler/Salo
Ballard/Alberts or Tanev/Gragnani

Posted Image

#8 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

I don't know if Ballard will make much of a difference.

But then again, it couldn't hurt!

PBF200-Les_Douleurs_de_la_Morte.jpg

#9 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

I'd love to play him on the 3rd D line with tanev, him an tanev have good chemistry. we can only bring him back when the playoffs start because in the playoffs there is no cap space

#10 Ocular Patdown

Ocular Patdown

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

Alberts made me cringe yesterday. He can't follow the play. Completely let hossa get into the slot for a great scoring chance. He was just watching the play behind the net and didn't cover his check infront of the net. Get back bally, we need ya.

#11 menace

menace

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

Ballard was dropping the gloves more frequently before he was hurt. I think he would be a welcome addition to the line up before the play offs start.

#12 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

Ballard had a mean streak he didnt take crap from anyone i liked his game
Posted Image

#13 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

Ballard = Thoroughbred.....................Ass kicking thoroughbred!

Also while I'm here. I thought Tanev started to demonstrate some aggression to go with his cool silky style.

Ballard and Tanev on 3rd = 2 or 3 SC's in a row. :emot-parrot:

PS I do believe he would have hospitalised half the Chicago team last night, starting with Keith and encoring with Sharp, Kane and Seabrook.

Edited by Bodee, 22 March 2012 - 01:00 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#14 Edler's Broken Stickz

Edler's Broken Stickz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

We need Ballard and Tanev together during the playoffs. Tanev the stay at home D and Ballard who has great skating ability. But I just hope Ballard doesn't get involved in fight's unless it's absolutely necessary. We don't want to be down 1 D and screw up the D pairings again.

#15 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

I was thinking that as well.

Although Ballard wasn't performing to the level of his salary, he was a good player to have and provided some stability to the 3rd pairing. His quick skating could help during odd-man rushes against and he has a mean-streak.

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Salo
Ballard - Tanev
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#16 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

Since he's been out with Cap-cussion, the Team won 10 out of 20 games. Winning .500%
The team got 33 wins in 53 games with him in the lineup. Winning .622%
Stabilizing the 3rd pair seems more valuable than a lot of people thought when complaining about him needlessly...

#17 vannuxforlife

vannuxforlife

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

I completely agree we very obviously miss Ballard

#18 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

Hamhuis/Bieksa
Edler/Salo
Ballard/Alberts or Tanev/Gragnani

Ballard/Tanev is way better.
Posted Image

#19 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

Couldn't agree more!

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

"You don't know this, but Trevor Linden had cracked ribs and torn rib cartilage for the last four games of the 1994 Stanley Cup Final," Cliff Ronning said. "You can't imagine what it's like to hear your captain, in a room down the hall, screaming at the top of his lungs as they injected the needle into his rib cage. Knowing him, he probably thought we couldn't hear. He would then walk into our dressing room like nothing had happened. That was inspirational."

#20 Guest_Dasein_*

Guest_Dasein_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

Ballard really did solidify our 3rd pairing - though I don't think he should fight anymore now that he has a concussion. I can't help but think that this concussion is a result of a fight, or he fought while concussed and it just became worse.

Ballard hasn't skated nor exercised since the team announced that he had a concussion, so it looks to be quite serious. No one really knows when he'll be back, and with only two weeks left in the regular season, it doesn't look like Keith will be back in for the 1st round.

First, he needs to start skating on his own and do light workouts, second, he needs to raise the intensity of his workouts, third, he needs to be cleared to practice with the team, fourth, he needs to be cleared for contact and finally, be cleared for game action.

That's also the process that needs to be taken with Daniel Sedin. The thing that scares me the most about Daniel is that he got hit in the jaw, and that he doesn't wear a mouthguard (which prevents a lot of head trauma - Henrik doesn't wear one either). No one's taken that into account yet, but I think if Daniel had been wearing one, it would definitely help alleviate some damage or the concussion could have been completely avoided.

Anyways, back to Ballard. I would really love to hear some updates regarding him from the team.

#21 PENGUINScanFLY

PENGUINScanFLY

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

Plus he's hilarious.

#22 prophetofgreed

prophetofgreed

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

The D pairs for the playoffs will probably be:
Bieska-Hamhuis
Edler-Salo
Ballard-Rome/Tanev

MAG can step in for games needing some offense. And Alberts can step in for physical games.

I'm really liking our Defensive depth.

#23 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

He can't come back!

We are suffering from severe Cap-Cussion

He will be magically healed by payoffs

#24 logic

logic

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

I hate when people say he's overpaid he is but its not like he should be paid .9m he is like a 2.5-3m Dman, anyways what people don't realize is that he is great for the dressing room, he is funny and everybody likes him, and if you're willing to stick up for your teammates its like the Chara effect as I call it, you play a lot tougher if you know someone is backing you up.

Sasuke_Signature_by_robstylz.png

the_man_on_the_moon___paul_pogba_by_yupp

#25 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,983 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

I hate when people say he's overpaid he is but its not like he should be paid .9m he is like a 2.5-3m Dman, anyways what people don't realize is that he is great for the dressing room, he is funny and everybody likes him, and if you're willing to stick up for your teammates its like the Chara effect as I call it, you play a lot tougher if you know someone is backing you up.

So what you're saying is that he's overpaid.

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

Sig too big, images removed. - SN

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#26 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:03 AM

Ballard really did solidify our 3rd pairing - though I don't think he should fight anymore now that he has a concussion. I can't help but think that this concussion is a result of a fight, or he fought while concussed and it just became worse.

Ballard hasn't skated nor exercised since the team announced that he had a concussion, so it looks to be quite serious. No one really knows when he'll be back, and with only two weeks left in the regular season, it doesn't look like Keith will be back in for the 1st round.

First, he needs to start skating on his own and do light workouts, second, he needs to raise the intensity of his workouts, third, he needs to be cleared to practice with the team, fourth, he needs to be cleared for contact and finally, be cleared for game action.

That's also the process that needs to be taken with Daniel Sedin. The thing that scares me the most about Daniel is that he got hit in the jaw, and that he doesn't wear a mouthguard (which prevents a lot of head trauma - Henrik doesn't wear one either). No one's taken that into account yet, but I think if Daniel had been wearing one, it would definitely help alleviate some damage or the concussion could have been completely avoided.

Anyways, back to Ballard. I would really love to hear some updates regarding him from the team.

...............I believe he has been skating for a few days at least.It was anounced on tv the other day.

#27 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:14 AM

Although he's smaller than both of them, he has a lot more grit and can skate. He's our best skating D.

He's our best skating player. :P

Edited by Hansen 36, 26 March 2012 - 02:15 AM.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#28 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,350 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:26 AM

What's most important is his veteran presence - its something this team relies heavily on. Whenever we lose Salo we lose our best veteran, but the loss of Ballard is proving that even he is an experienced guy who contributes a lot in the locker room.

Guys like Edler, Bieksa and even Hamhuis are still quite young and while they withstood a playoff run last year, they don't have the lengthy league-experience that Ballard and Salo do who've been around for a long time. Then there's guys like Tanev, Rome, Alberts and Gragnani who've played only a handful of games compared to these vets.

This is why Hal Gill would have been the perfect fit for our team - we need a big physical defenceman, but more importantly someone with plenty of experience who can settle and calm down this shaky defence when it loses its cool, ala SCF.
Posted Image

#29 terrible.dee

terrible.dee

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:11 AM

He can't come back!

We are suffering from severe Cap-Cussion

He will be magically healed by payoffs

True dat playa

#30 badesh10

badesh10

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

Any news on his return?
Double the NHL games on Sportsnet in Alberta... Too bad I have to watch the Flames and Oilers.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.