Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Transgender Contestant Booted Out Of Miss Vancouver Pagent

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
239 replies to this topic

#211 sam13371337

sam13371337

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

Why is it that bertuzzi babe gets into personal arguments with soo many people on soo many threads??? Its rare to click a popular article, without seeing 2-3 pages of it gone to waste for that purpose....
Fire MG

#212 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

Why is it that bertuzzi babe gets into personal arguments with soo many people on soo many threads??? Its rare to click a popular article, without seeing 2-3 pages of it gone to waste for that purpose....

Shhhhh... don't provoke her!

#213 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

Shhhhh... don't provoke her!

Perhaps you should go back and take a look at who kick-started this? And while you're at it, do a search, c'mon, even on the first page of OT alone. But thanks for dropping in with your two bits worth anyway. :rolleyes:

ON TOPIC..........

I personally like to identify myself as the King of Spain but getting people to call me "your majesty" with the full honour and respect that a royal position commands has been difficult.

We all have our battles.

It's all that bowing and scraping' that's the problem, Ron........ you need to be shouting "Off with their heads!" more often. :P

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 28 March 2012 - 04:20 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#214 Redacted

Redacted

Comets Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

Yeah to be fair it looks to me like she wasn't the one to start the patronizing argument.
People talk about pressure like it's something negative. Pressure means your actions have meaning, that people care about whether you succeed or fail. Pressure is everything.

#215 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,447 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

She built a GREAT REPUTATION during her tenure as a moderator - that's why.

/sarcasm ;)

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#216 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,447 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

Posted Image

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#217 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,378 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:37 PM

Truth be told, (s)he(? I don't even know which to use!) looks gorgeous, but despite that he shouldn't have the right to take part; in the end, it's a MISS Vancouver Pageant, and he is not a "Miss"

(there's more, but I'm too tired to think straight and elaborate)

In the end, just no.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#218 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

I'd consider that cheating, and if the rules say it's not allowed, then what can you do, people cant expect to get special treatment and support because of this.

Edit: I also think you should not be allowed any plastic surgery in beauty competitions, nobody.

This! forget the fact that she's a transgender..what's the purpose of a 'beauty' contest if you've got surgery done.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#219 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

Here is what really happened behind the scenes with today's announcement that she would be allowed back into the contest.

A discussion between Donald Trump and his lawyer.

Lawyer: "The contestant is threatening to sue us."

The Donald: "I don't give a rat's a** that they will sue us. Tell them to F*** themselves. I will not be pushed around by that ****** woman."

Lawyer: "Yes, but they will sue the pant's off us. It will cost a lot of money."

The Donald: "So what, I got lots of money."

Lawyer: "Look, there is another way of looking at this. You know very few people watch beauty contests these days. Why not let her stay in? Then we will have a big audience, big ratings, which means big money."

The Donald: "Hmm, you have a point. The ratings for Miss Universe have been sagging awhile."

Lawyer: "I knew you would see it my way. After all, a buck is a buck."

The Donald sighs, "OK, Let her back in."

#220 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,274 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

idc, i'd totally go for it

output_Pdq_B7_F.gif

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#221 Okanuck

Okanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

You know what , its been said on here a few times and i totally agree. They need to make the competition have rules against plastic surgery all together. Most of the girls on there are so fake already and half made of plastic. Jenna, isnt much different, (s)he just had surgery and altered different parts of the body than the others. I for one, dont like women that are half plastic, so make all of them abide to the same rule. That way there is no descrimination. Not sure how you would enforce that though.

On another note, as admirable it is for her to fight them and allow him/her back into the competition, do you really think they are going to let her win?? Imagine you went to get a job and they descriminated against you, then you sued or made a big stink about it, do you think they would allow you to get on to the job after that, and if they did, do you think that you wouldnt get picked on and have them trying to fire you the whole time you were there ?
Posted Image
"Everybody wants to play in the playoffs. You don't know how good the good times were until you hit the bad times. But sometimes success is just around the corner." --Trevor Linden

"It was not an equipment problem," Luongo said when asked about his late appearance in overtime. "Let's leave it like that." (April 2007)

#222 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,274 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

You know what , its been said on here a few times and i totally agree. They need to make the competition have rules against plastic surgery all together. Most of the girls on there are so fake already and half made of plastic. Jenna, isnt much different, (s)he just had surgery and altered different parts of the body than the others. I for one, dont like women that are half plastic, so make all of them abide to the same rule. That way there is no descrimination. Not sure how you would enforce that though.

On another note, as admirable it is for her to fight them and allow him/her back into the competition, do you really think they are going to let her win?? Imagine you went to get a job and they descriminated against you, then you sued or made a big stink about it, do you think they would allow you to get on to the job after that, and if they did, do you think that you wouldnt get picked on and have them trying to fire you the whole time you were there ?

why should makeup and fake tans be allowed, but surgery not?

output_Pdq_B7_F.gif

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#223 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:39 AM

why should makeup and fake tans be allowed, but surgery not?

Because makeup is expected of everybody, and does not alter your physical form.

#224 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,198 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

On a happpy note, my soon to be new neighbour's daughter is in the competition.

Posted Image

http://www.beautieso...ls/kylee-apers/

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#225 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

^ Sorry to say, but she too looks like she can pass for a "crossover".

#226 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

IDK.

Would you?

#227 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,535 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

On topic......

If Jenna Talackova lied on her entrance forms about being physically born a woman, then the pageant people do have the right to remove her from the contest. It's unfortunate and wrong, but if it's spelled out right there in the paperwork.........

Perhaps the question here should be that in the future, the question on the form should be worded differently to allow post-surgical transgendered people participation in the pageant(s).

seems to me they have that in there on purpose. why else would that question be in the application at all?

#228 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,535 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Because makeup is expected of everybody, and does not alter your physical form.

I agree with the no surgery aspect, as it no longer is a pageant judging one's beauty, but a pageant judging the best work done by a surgeon.

Mayhaps we need to start our own "Miss Natural Universe" pageant.

#229 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

Today is the final for Miss Canada. Anyone think she will win? If she does, I bet the losers would not be too happy, at least privately.

#230 canucks since 77

canucks since 77

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

You have to have a lot of gumption to do what she is doing, and she has it in spades. That alone has to impress the judges. Wish her well.
Politeness is the first step to respect!

#231 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

Just another Trump run farce.

#232 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,917 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

Hopefully it's crap like this that brings down these events altogether.

Miss Universe? Miss World? All crap.

I can admire a beautiful woman, but these contests are stupid. The sooner we get rid of them the better.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#233 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

In case you are wondering, she did NOT win the Miss Canada title. She made the final 12 but not the final 5.

She did win Miss Congeniality.

The winner was Sahir Biniaz.

#234 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

idc, i'd totally go for it

eww
Posted Image

#235 masutheakita

masutheakita

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

her talent: peeing standing up

#236 Real deal - Stan Smyl

Real deal - Stan Smyl

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:59 PM

Miss Congeniality?
Or Miss Gone-genitalia?

#237 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,006 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

her talent: peeing standing up

Having once worked in security, and hearing countless complaints, you'd be surprised how many actual women (as in, born a woman) also possess this amazing talent. :unsure:

Edited by zaibatsu, 20 May 2012 - 07:11 AM.

#238 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

Having once worked in security, and hearing countless complaints, you'd be surprised how many actual women (as in, born a woman) also possess this amazing talent. :unsure:

Ever seen The Full Monty?

#239 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,006 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

Ever seen The Full Monty?

Actually.. no.

#240 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

I can understand that she(he) may have a gender issue and was born into a gender she did not wanna be...but to enter a contest which is strictly for "FEMALES" is against the rules of the contest.

Do what you need to to feel safe and content. But dont think that all rules will apply accordingly to you as a female when you are NOT~!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.