The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"buzzkill For The Canucks' Next Shot At The Cup" - Globe And Mail

awalk

I think the realization of the internet during last years riot will be a deterrent for many of the small timers pulled into a bad crowd. 94 didn't have to worry about facebook and everyone having camera phones. I like the outside screens, i was downtown for game 5, good times.

how many different ways can you tell people to stay away from downtown? so what should those people do that are there for business or on vacation should they stay out in surrey or richmond? give your head a shake because there is no way your wishes are going to come true

You're all Internet talk tough guy. This is the attitude of a rioter. Wouldnt be surprised if you were one of the people causing problems last year. You want to get drunk, piss everywhere, throw garbage, smash windows and burn stuff. Good job idiot.

I realize the article is total bs, but this thread has now become "downtown vancouver" vs the rest of lower mainland (inluding rest of vancouver) seriously all i gotta say is

He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security

i also wanna add, hands down it was the Citys and Police's fault for the riot. They could have prevented it by having larger visible force on the streets, and right after the riot no one, not the mayor or the police chief wanted to take the BLAME, why because it would cost mayor's party votes. thats all its politics, that is why the stupid politicians go ahead and blame everybody else, even the Canucks organization, but themselves. This in itself i found insulting, like blame everybody else never accept blame. well thats the end of my rant.

Archived