The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Video] This Is Our Home - Celebrate Responsibly

Opmac

Sorry, I should have just said younger people. They all looked like teenagers by the way they were acting.

And I don't agree that people would have rioted if we won. I've heard people say that and I think it's wrong.

People would have been so ecstatic that there's no way they would have smashed stuff and burnt cars. That's just not something you do out of happiness, that's something you do out of anger. And I think people are more likely to just sit back and let destruction like that happen if they're angry themselves.

This is so embarrassing. We have the privilege of living in the most beautiful place on Earth, and cheer for a fantastic hockey team. But then a bunch of douchebags take advantage of a massive, inebriated, disappointed crowd to start a riot for no reason other than 'Hurr durr anarchy, I am getting a stupid ???? political message about nothing across."

Now our beloved team has to tell us not to go act like spoiled children over a game.

I hate the rioters so much.

Sorry, I should have just said younger people. They all looked like teenagers by the way they were acting.

And I don't agree that people would have rioted if we won. I've heard people say that and I think it's wrong.

People would have been so ecstatic that there's no way they would have smashed stuff and burnt cars. That's just not something you do out of happiness, that's something you do out of anger. And I think people are more likely to just sit back and let destruction like that happen if they're angry themselves.

Not that I agree with what the rioters did in an way, but they clearly weren't celebrating...

This is not about celebration. The city did celebrate responsibly for 24 out of the 25 days. And what you saw on the 25th day was a bunch of intoxicated teenagers taking out their frustration with mindless destruction and violence.

It's not the celebration we have a problem with, it's the dealing with losing that we clearly have a problem with. All they need to do is lock down the city if we reach an elimination game, that's the only time there's a risk of a riot.

Vancouver Police need to police responsibly and make sure that our city is safe is more like it.

Ok,it's a minor effort to avert disaster that should be pre empted by proper deterrence such as security and policing.

Implementing policies in conjuction with the city,private security and police corps might actually provide public safety.

A video looks nice,but what will it ultimately do to quell alcohol and drug addicted people looking for an opportunity to care less during a public opportunity for destruction?

Put some cash into security, Canucks.org. This video is not going to sway the behaviour of alcohl and drug driven idiots.

Archived